Ondont Read If You ...

Notifications
Clear all

Ondont Read If You Dt Have Acne -When Does The Initial Breakout Continue Til (6Weeks In To My Regimen)

MemberMember
(@kimdyoo)

Posted : 08/27/2013 12:18 am

Hellow fellow acne.org regimen users, i would like to make a thread about my acne breakout which started after i started my regimen. The first week~week 4 horrible severe acne.... with cysts and whiteheads all over my face. Now im 6 weeks in and i just got a severe breakout about few days ago and im afraid that this girl i talked to last week when i had better skin will have a bad impression of me due to my skin... so i want all of you acne fighter's hint on when this initial breakout will stop.... And by the way iam a smoker so if you guys have any experience with smoking causing more breakout your response is always welcome...(I started to smoke more than usual after i started school)

P.S.: I do respect all of you willing to sacrifice few minutes of your time. I appreciate your time as much as my own!!!

MemberMember
(@missalexcee)

Posted : 08/27/2013 12:36 am

Hi! I'm on my 7th week of the regimen & broke out in week 5. I'm slowly clearing but not really.... Not sure how long it'll last either. But so far I'm going on two weeks

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/28/2013 8:46 pm

I was still consistently breaking out and experiencing redness and rash like bumps in my 3rd month. Now into my 4th month and that has subsided. Give it between 4-5 months before evaluating.

MemberMember
(@kimdyoo)

Posted : 08/29/2013 12:34 am

I dont know then..... this could actually mean that i'll be on this regimen for the next few months and i might not be able to have clear skin. This sounds pretty discouraging.... i've used so many products so far and if this regimen doesnt work on me now.... i'll be so depressed.... somedays im just cranky and sensitive all day because of my acne.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 09/05/2013 6:30 am

It's true that acne can really get you down and it's frustrating when the regimen that is supposed to clear you up only makes you red, dry and break you out more. BUT the best and most positive way of thinking about it is that the time with go by regardless, and before you know it the worst will be behind you. Your skin will start to adjust to the Bp, you will break out less and less and before you know it you will have clear (or at least clearer) skin and you will forget how you are feeling right now.

Stick with it, get through this tough bit and enjoy the rewards at the end. Good luck! We are all behind you because we've all gone through what you're going through now.

MemberMember
(@mg02)

Posted : 09/06/2013 9:23 pm

I dont know then..... this could actually mean that i'll be on this regimen for the next few months and i might not be able to have clear skin. This sounds pretty discouraging.... i've used so many products so far and if this regimen doesnt work on me now.... i'll be so depressed.... somedays im just cranky and sensitive all day because of my acne.

Hey, don't get discouraged! I'm about to hit my second month on the Regimen; and let me tell you, my skin has never felt nor looked better! I haven't had any new pimples since my last PMS, and my "pimples" have shrunken down to the size of dots. when they used to be red, irritating, and dome-shaped. Now my skin feels much better too, I can touch my forehead -although I try to avoid doing that- without having to feel any bumps. My pimples have shrunk dramatically in size and the redness has left off my face (with the exception of my nose, which is still quite irritated). Point is; hang on there, all things will come in good time. If you use the Regimen correctly and are patient, you will see results. Everybody's skin is different, and the BP has different effects on different people, so the way it works on others may not work the same on you. Don't get discouraged until you see the actual results on yourself; hang in there. :)<3

MemberMember
(@kimdyoo)

Posted : 09/07/2013 12:13 am

I really hope it gets better.... well now i actually started using bha toner from CVS alcohol free! And im swiping my skin with the sweeps every morning and night. Today is my second day and yesterday i realized that i have alot of flaking and left over residue after cleansing (im a guy and i dont put on any makeup). Toner seems to be getting rid of alot of the residue and it feels quite fresh that all those junk is swiped out of my face.

Any ideas on toners and specifically the toner that im using right now? (When I swipe my face i kind of do it a bit rough so a little description of how to actually apply toner would be great too. I have really oily skin btw.)

MemberMember
(@mg02)

Posted : 09/14/2013 5:02 pm

I have never used any toners, so my knowledge is very limited on the topic. xc

However, I recommend you do extensive research on the product(s) online. It helps me loads when I look at reviews for products. It helps me recognize the pros and cons while knowing what to reasonably expect. :)

And if you want, you can start a new thread on the Forums asking for good toners, and/or whether or not they recommend yours. ^^

I wish you good luck on your acne-fighting journey! :D

MemberMember
(@searchandseek)

Posted : 09/18/2013 6:09 am

Smoking has no impact on acne. Think about it... There are people on this forum who don't smoke but have bad acne. And vice versa... There are people who smoke a pack a day for 20 years and never had acne.

I had acne before I started smoking. Now, I smoke and still have acne.