Notifications
Clear all

I Think The Moisturizer Makes Me Look Tanned

MemberMember
(@aaron556)

Posted : 08/26/2013 10:59 pm

I already have lightly tanned skin since I'm Mexican, however my neck and my ears are starting to look white compared to my face and I barely noticed it today. I use the acne.org moisturizer + jojoba oil. Will this tanning effect stop?

MemberMember
(@carebear06)

Posted : 08/28/2013 8:03 pm

I already have lightly tanned skin since I'm Mexican, however my neck and my ears are starting to look white compared to my face and I barely noticed it today. I use the acne.org moisturizer + jojoba oil. Will this tanning effect stop?

Happens to me also. Hope it stops too ..

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 08/29/2013 8:11 am

Are you doing the full regimen? If so it's the BP that's giving you this tanning effect not the moisturiser because BP makes your skin more sensitive to the sun. The best thing you can do is use high spf moisturiser if you're not doing that already.

Also how long have you been using the regimen? It usually makes your skin look quite irritated in the first few weeks so this may well be adding to the tanning effect you've been seeing and accentuating the contrast between your face and your neck/ears. In which case it will hopefully settle down as you get further into the regimen.

MemberMember
(@ea1986)

Posted : 10/24/2013 3:43 am

I got the same problem here, i really dont like the yellow color of the new moisturizer, the most annoying thing is this is not eye cream, i cant use on the skin around my eyes, so will leave the eye circle natural color, but the rest of the face just look tanned and some time when my face look red, if mix with the moisturizer then will turn into orange color. OMG. i cant find something else is good but not colored in the market at the moment. Sign. i want the old formula moisturizer back.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 10/24/2013 5:19 am

I hateeeeee Dan's moisturiser because it makes my skin incredibly tanned. When I was using it, I don't even think it was because I "tanned" because I didn't go out often since I was embarrassed with the state of my skin lol. I switched over to Cetaphil's moisturising lotion which is more hydrating in my opinion, and the weird yellowness went away. I think it's the jojoba oil in it that makes your skin look weird. For me it didnt' make me look tanned so much as YELLOW, since I am Asian so I guess I have yellow undertones. For a period of time I used jojoba oil to take off my eye makeup and I noticed that the skin around my eye was starting to get yellow too...so I have stopped using those products altogether. :/

MemberMember
(@alex13)

Posted : 10/25/2013 10:20 am

hm