Notifications
Clear all

Pitted Scarring Or Hyperpigmentation ?

MemberMember
(@theatrekid)

Posted : 08/26/2013 4:37 am

Can you tell me which one it is. It's weird because when I get very close to the mirror they look flat yet when I'm a bit away there's a shadow that makes them look pitted. And basically will they go away with time and Aha. Ty

post-213014-0-98297500-1377509750_thumb.

post-213014-0-94103900-1377509781_thumb.

post-213014-0-98297500-1377509750_thumb.

post-213014-0-94103900-1377509781_thumb.

MemberMember
(@hasmas)

Posted : 08/26/2013 7:53 am

Hyperpigmentation they will go away. Use topical retinoid like Differin its very gentle retinoid or some Glycolic acid 10%-20%

MemberMember
(@theatrekid)

Posted : 08/26/2013 4:24 pm

Thank god. Thanks a lot, you just took weight off my shoulders.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 08/26/2013 9:15 pm

I see some indents also on the first pic.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/27/2013 10:29 am

I see both . The first one looks like scars and the second looks hyperpigmentation.

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 08/27/2013 6:37 pm

I see both as well...but mild scarring. Once the hyperpigmentation goes away, it might not be a big deal to you...for sure, it's not a big deal to others already. Good luck!!

MemberMember
(@searchandseek)

Posted : 08/27/2013 11:09 pm

You should treat the red areas before it turns into an indented scar. If you scar easily, the red marks may turn more indented later. Depends on your skin type though. Look in the mirror under lighting and check to see if there are any slight indents on the hyper pigmented area. If there is, you should treat the red areas as soon as possible, as treatment now is easier than finding a cure later.

MemberMember
(@superyew)

Posted : 08/28/2013 12:08 am

Whatever you do do not use differin to treat those lol, differin brings acne up to the surdace, so lets say anythings hiding under the skin differin will bring it on up.

Talk to a dermatologist to get a real treatment. Also, ALWAYS wear sunscreen, the hyperpigmentations will get alot worse if they are exposed to sun alot, they get alot darker and will take alot longer to fade

MemberMember
(@iconzz)

Posted : 08/28/2013 5:08 am

does it mean pitting o scars never go???

MemberMember
(@nikkimixam)

Posted : 09/03/2013 8:50 am

You should treat the red areas before it turns into an indented scar. If you scar easily, the red marks may turn more indented later. Depends on your skin type though. Look in the mirror under lighting and check to see if there are any slight indents on the hyper pigmented area. If there is, you should treat the red areas as soon as possible, as treatment now is easier than finding a cure later.

How do you treat it before it indents? Jojoba oil?

MemberMember
(@searchandseek)

Posted : 09/09/2013 7:25 am

How do you treat it before it indents? Jojoba oil?

If the discolored area is still red, as in active red, it may still be inflamed and acne bacteria still exists in that area even though there is no pimple. This bacteria can be killed with benzoyl peroxide. Then the red areas will turn brown, which is now a lesser risk of becoming indented.

If the discolored area is brown, although it will fade on its own, you can try aha (alpha hydroxy acids), mild chemical or facial peels.

As for jojoba oil, i haven't used it so I'm not sure. But I believe jojoba oil is for dry skin.

MemberMember
(@interested19)

Posted : 09/20/2013 8:19 am

What?? I have never heard of a red scar turning into an indented scar.... What do you mean by this I'm so confused. Wouldn't be indented already?

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 09/24/2013 12:55 pm

Sometimes it's really hard to say if a scar is indented or not when it's hyperpigmented. Besides, hyperpigmented indented scars are still healing and improve to some extent. A guy from my school had very red marks that looked like indented rolling scars last spring, but this autumn his skin looked completely flawless and I couldn't see any indents. I've had a hyperpigmented scar that looked flat in some lighting and indented in some lighting - it turned out much better than I feared, but you can still see the texture is a bit off in some lighting so it is a rolling scar, although milder than what it seemed like when it was hyperpigmented. You just have to be patient and see how they turn out.