Notifications
Clear all

How Do I Rid Myself Of Acne?

MemberMember
(@acneisslowlykillingme)

Posted : 08/26/2013 4:07 am

Okay, so, you've heard it before, but, seriously: I physically cannot get rid of my pimples!! I've had acne for more than eighteen months now (I'm thirteen years ten months old) and I swear to you, I have tried every product on the market. Every. Single. One. You name it, I've tried it. Proactive, Clearasil, Neutrogena, Clean and Clear, Benzac AC, Skin Clarity, Garnier, EVERYTHING. They don't even make a dent. The weird thing is, I don't have what you'd normally consider 'bad' acne. I've got pimples, sure. But they're not all-out, covering-my-face-completely, making-my-skin-tone-look-permanently-red all over my face. They sort of grow and shrink and pop up in different places on my skin depending on, er, what time of the month it is, if you know what I mean. I'm wondering whether or not The Pill would help? I'm also willing to try one more over-the-counter product, so if anyone has a particularly excellent product, I'd love to hear about it! Please help

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 08/26/2013 4:13 am

Have you seen a Dermatologist (skin doctor)? They can prescribe you a range of medications which are effective and which you may not have tried, including oral antibiotics and hormonal treatments, both of which are particularly effective in combination with a topical retinoid cream/gel such as Retin-A or Differin.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/131/Supplement_3/S163.full.pdf

Good luck