Notifications
Clear all

Acne Has Taken My Life.

MemberMember
(@rolileisztner)

Posted : 08/26/2013 3:39 am

i have obsession, iam visiting psychologic every week because i cry over every pimple, i think about it all day long and iam so depressed, iam afraid to eat, iam afraid when my girlfriend touch my face, i cant go out without makeup.. acne has taken my life totally. iam looking at other people skin, iam comparing my old photos when i was clear, iam searching info about acne 3 hours a day. i feel so bad everyday at night when i wash my skin. i would sacrifice someone for clear skin, i would do anything on the world for it. my day is like i woke up look in mirror, start to being said, spent 2 hours on net about acne, being afraid of lunch that cause pimples iam even afraid to use new topical because iam afraid of worsening. iam looking on myself in every mirror, but not myself in eyes but on pimples!!! i feel so stressed when i cant check my face. and i have "only" mild to moderate acne! iam lost. this mood is 2 months already. dont laugh at me, iam ill.

Iam dreaming every day that i look at the mirror at night and i wouldnt see any pimple and i wouldnt use any topical and i will just have my life back..

and iam thinking that my acne should be stress related. because before two montha i got two big pimples and from then i just have this depression and acne is worsening every day..

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 08/26/2013 6:07 am

I don't think we can do anything for you. I recommend that you keep visiting your doctor. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 08/26/2013 7:57 am

now imagine 8 long years of it & tell me how you think you'd feel dude. my barrier starting crumbling a while ago

MemberMember
(@goodz19)

Posted : 08/26/2013 8:18 am

Im in a similar boat as you. My acne is much less serious than some of the other poor souls that go thru this, but I cant seem to overcome my obsession w/ it. Ive been seeing a psychiatrist for about a year who just keeps prescribing meds that have no effect on me or my compulsions. I did a combination of talk therapy and a round of CBT for about 8 months w/o much success.

It sounds to me that you have BDD, just like me. Its a horrible way to live and my heart goes out to you. I really cant offer you any advice because I know I havent gotten to a manageable point in my own life. I guess I can only say to hang in there; there are others going thru the same thing. I know thats no consolation when you are alone w/ all these horrible thoughts, but you can only go up when you've hit the bottom.

Good luck

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 08/26/2013 9:21 pm

I have no acne and I still think I have it severe.

MemberMember
(@gsxr600)

Posted : 08/26/2013 10:17 pm

We're all gonna make it.

tritonxiv and mes6890 liked
MemberMember
(@aiko1992)

Posted : 09/06/2013 1:37 pm

now imagine 8 long years of it & tell me how you think you'd feel dude. my barrier starting crumbling a while ago

8 years? ive been battling with acne for about 11 years!!!! i still had depression but now i just dont really care anymore, i mean i do but i just rather enjoy life because they are people who are in a worst place than me.

MemberMember
(@mes6890)

Posted : 09/07/2013 12:40 pm

Hi all,

This quote appeared in my Facebook newsfeed this morning. I hope some of you can enjoy it:

"My favorite passage so far from the book I'm reading:

"Gorgeous women really annoy me. Not all gorgeous women. Some gorgeous women I like a lot. Gorgeous women who like me, for example, I can't help but find attractive. Gorgeous smart women I like a lot. But the rest, I can't stand. The problem as I see it, is that a sad percentage of gorgeous women just settle for being gorgeous. They get to sixteen, go, "Well, I'm gorgeous, people like me, that's it," and just stop. I mean, they've got nothing on the girls who struggle onward with zits and bad dates, the girls who fight life every step of the way so by the time they're twenty they're funny and smart and cynical and utterly, utterly desirable. That's what I like." - Syrup

MemberMember
(@acl94536)

Posted : 09/16/2013 11:08 pm

Hey I can totally relate. I've stopped therapy awhile ago but I was diagnosed with BDD (body dysmorphic disorder). Even before I started getting acne, I was depressed for years. Ultimately, because of the acne, I developed BDD as well as an eating disorder because I was afraid to eat anything for fear it would break me out. Slowly but surely I am getting better. My acne is not 100% clear yet, but I've been able to eat normal again without having a panic attack and I don't pick at my skin as much. Even after the acne is gone (if it ever is), I know it has changed me and not for the better. I will probably always have BDD.

I know what it's like to be afraid to have your boyfriend or girlfriend touch your face, so just know you aren't alone. We will all get through this together.

Take care!

MemberMember
(@frenchie86)

Posted : 09/17/2013 1:25 am

I am going through the same thing too, I am starting counselling soon but the nurse thought I had BDD at the assessment, I'm pretty sure I have it.

I'm totally obsessed with my acne and can think of nothing else. It's been the hardest time, I can totally relate.

Good luck, I hope things get better for you