Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Question

MemberMember
(@heftymug)

Posted : 08/25/2013 7:17 pm

So today is day 60 of my accutane treatment and I have maybe 1-2 actives but lots of red marks from where acne was when I started my course. Now obviously I'll have a few more months of accutane but I'm just wondering if pretty much all my active acne is gone, is this the best my face is going to get for my course? Did anyone else' acne clear quite fast then see any results for the red marks left over by the end of their course?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@clichter17)

Posted : 08/25/2013 8:36 pm

Generally the marks fade with time. I've noticed from other users who've taken it, that the marks will either be faded by the end of the treatment or a couple months post-tane.

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 08/26/2013 1:46 am

Hefty, before Accutane was your acne associated with oily skin?

Now that you aren't getting any more new pimples, your body can focus on healing residual red marks. Although Accutane impairs wound healing, they will eventually fade.

Good luck

MemberMember
(@heftymug)

Posted : 08/26/2013 9:27 am

Hefty, before Accutane was your acne associated with oily skin?

Now that you aren't getting any more new pimples, your body can focus on healing residual red marks. Although Accutane impairs wound healing, they will eventually fade.

Good luck

Well, I had oily skin and quite mild acne up until May of this year. In May I tried Exposed Skin Care and my face did not like it. It broke me out SEVERELY which is why I ended up going on accutane.