Done With Bp For No...

Notifications
Clear all

Done With Bp For Now

MemberMember
(@reh92)

Posted : 08/25/2013 6:48 pm

FYI I'm sorry if this post is long and rambling with grammatical errors and whatnot.

I literally have never written a review for ANYTHING in my life but I'm so upset that I feel the need to post my thoughts. \

I'm a 21 year old female of asian-american descent and I usually have a couple of small white heads on my forehead or chin, clogged pores around my nose and chin, and like one or two cystic zits a week if that matters to anyone reading. I know it doesn't sound that bad and many people have problems way bigger than that but thats not the point of this post!

I was using the regimen for 6 month and it cleared most of my acne and even faded my scarring from my zits. BUT now that I™ve been using it for 6 months my skin is not the same as it used to be even with acne.

I™ve developed a reaction. MY FACE always feels raw and irritated thanks to the Benzoyl Peroxide treatment that used to work for me. And the moisturizer doesn™t make up for the fact that the BP is literally chemical burning my skin. My face hurts even when rinsing with water! I always have flakey dry spots in at least one place, usually where I used the bp for a zit. When I put it on it somehow contaminates the rest of my face and even my neck which has caused my eyes to swell up and now I have red patches of itchy irritated skin around my nostrils, chin, and the creases of my eyes and even my neck! The fine lines of my eyes are... the fine lines of my eyes!!! I've never had fine lines under my eyes before this reaction! What the hELL?! lol.

It™s not worth using this chemical on my face to get rid of the zits. At this point I™d rather have the pimples because my face hurts and itches all the time and I don™t even know when it will ever be back to normal, meaning when will my face ever stop HURTING?!

Also, I™ve read that bp can thin your skin out and thin out the protective layer on the top of your skin as well which is pretty freaking scary to me since I want to protect my skin for the long haul and prevent any premature aging. All the while I had thought "Wow, 'BP oxygenates the skin' BP ROCKS!" I never did any research until now... stupid I know!

So from now on I™ve decided that I™m going to try and eat better (more fruits and veggies, less dairy and junk food), drink more water, get more sleep, reduce my stress somehow, and use some AHA to help with my acne along with basic cleansing and moisturizing. And maybe one day I can even cut out my need to cover the red splotches and burns with tons of make up after Ive healed my skin from these side effects.

ON top of all this physical irritation to my skin, I feel bad about myself because I don™t feel confident about my face. I have a job as a greeter and as a barista at a coffee shop and some days I just want to hide from people or even cancel plans with friends! (YES I've canceled plans because I couldn't come to terms with my face lol) Im sure I don™t have to mention how bad skin can make a person feel horrible and ugly. ANYWAY!

Here are some things I've learned along my 6 month journey:

• Using bp has fairly rid my face of pimples and zits but has not "cleared my skin" by any means
  • Using bp every couple of days doesn't make any difference in my reactions
  • I've moisturized my face before bp to protect my skin from where I don't want it to go but that doesn't prevent cross contamination to the irritated areas
  • I always wait for it to dry! yes I've followed the directions!
  • I've ruined every towel in the house and my mom is angry with me for that one hahaha sad.png
  • Even using very small amounts doesn't prevent my eyes from swelling up after using it
  • I would have reconsidered using the bp if I had researched it beforehand
  • I should be fighting the root cause of my acne not the acne itself.
  • BP is to skin as is weed killer to grass... kills the weed but also the whole patch of grass
  • I do like the AHA!

If anyone want pictures of my face, god forbid someone really is that curious lol, I can email them.

Thanks for reading, I'm sorry if this post is disappointing for anyone!

MemberMember
(@newtoacne)

Posted : 08/25/2013 10:08 pm

I know what you mean my skin doesn't look the same as before. I was only using bp once a night now but i think I'm going to stop. My skin looks weird like raw and I have lines on my forehead that weren't there before until I started using bp.

reh92 liked
MemberMember
(@venereologist)

Posted : 08/26/2013 1:32 am

FYI I'm sorry if this post is long and rambling with grammatical errors and whatnot.

I literally have never written a review for ANYTHING in my life but I'm so upset that I feel the need to post my thoughts. \

I'm a 21 year old female of asian-american descent and I usually have a couple of small white heads on my forehead or chin, clogged pores around my nose and chin, and like one or two cystic zits a week if that matters to anyone reading. I know it doesn't sound that bad and many people have problems way bigger than that but thats not the point of this post!

I was using the regimen for 6 month and it cleared most of my acne and even faded my scarring from my zits. BUT now that I™ve been using it for 6 months my skin is not the same as it used to be even with acne.

I™ve developed a reaction. MY FACE always feels raw and irritated thanks to the Benzoyl Peroxide treatment that used to work for me. And the moisturizer doesn™t make up for the fact that the BP is literally chemical burning my skin. I always have flakey dry spots in at least one place, usually where I used the bp for a zit. When I put it on it somehow contaminates the rest of my face and even my neck which has caused my eyes to swell up and now I have red patches of itchy irritated skin around my nostrils, chin, and the creases of my eyes and even my neck! The fine lines of my eyes are... the fine lines of my eyes!!! I've NEVER had fine lines under my eyes before this reaction! What the hELL?! lol.

It™s not worth using this chemical on my face to get rid of the zits. At this point I™d rather have the pimples because my face hurts and itches all the time and I don™t even know when it will ever be back to normal, meaning when will my face ever stop HURTING?!

Also, I™ve read that bp can thin your skin out and thin out the protective layer on the top of your skin as well which is pretty freaking scary to me since I want to protect my skin for the long haul and prevent any premature aging. All the while I had thought "Wow, 'BP oxygenates the skin' BP ROCKS!" I never did any research until now... stupid I know!

So from now on I™ve decided that I™m going to try and eat better (more fruits and veggies, less dairy and junk food), drink more water, get more sleep, reduce my stress somehow, and use some AHA to help with my acne along with basic cleansing and moisturizing. And maybe one day I can even cut out my need to cover the red splotches and burns with tons of make up after Ive healed my skin from these side effects.

ON top of all this physical irritation to my skin, I feel bad about myself because I don™t feel confident about my face. I have a job as a greeter and as a barista at a coffee shop and some days I just want to hide from people or even cancel plans with friends! (YES I've canceled plans because I couldn't come to terms with my face lol) Im sure I don™t have to mention how bad skin can make a person feel horrible and ugly. ANYWAY!

Here are some things I've learned along my 6 month journey:

• Using bp has fairly rid my face of pimples and zits but has not "cleared my skin" by any means
  • Using bp every couple of days doesn't make any difference in my reactions
  • I've moisturized my face before bp to protect my skin from where I don't want it to go but that doesn't prevent cross contamination to the irritated areas
  • I always wait for it to dry! yes I've followed the directions!
  • I've ruined every towel in the house and my mom is angry with me for that one hahaha sad.png
  • Even using very small amounts doesn't prevent my eyes from swelling up after using it
  • I would have reconsidered using the bp if I had researched it beforehand
  • I should be fighting the root cause of my acne not the acne itself.
  • BP is to skin as is weed killer to grass... kills the weed but also the whole patch of grass
  • I do like the AHA!
  • And lastly if you couldn't tell, I'm angry and upset because I thought I had really found something that worked for me.

If anyone want pictures of my face, god forbid someone really is that curious lol, I can email them.

Thanks for reading, I'm sorry if this post is disappointing for anyone!

u went through a very delicate condition my babes coz if any1 had this kind of problem n when its get extreme he/she doesnt know what to do n if the treament is gonig on person wanted to get his clearer as soon as possible but it wont, takes some time to get vanished completely ,so u have to be calm n patient bp is true n best choice ever to get rid aplly it properly coz if u will use exessiely u r skin gets pelling n no good results can be found n erythema {rednees } occcurs more.

you should also go with this treatment :

1]. benzyol peroxide 2.5% + 2]. clindamycin posphate apply on primary lession of acne only

2]. use face wash ACTIN .[sAL. acid- tea seeds }

have a faith in u r treatment dont get nervous be calm.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 08/30/2013 9:16 am

I know exactly what you mean - I've dropped BP altogether. I used to use BP for years and it was fine, then I switched over to the Regimen cause I thought my skin would've already been adjusted to it, and about 4 months into it my face just started reacting to it so terribly and I knew it wasn't the initial 'adjustment' because it had already been so long. Maybe we both just have really sensitive skin?

I don't think you mentioned jojoba oil though - have you tried using that for your dry patches? That helped my skin go back to "normal", but for me, if I used too much of it I would break out lol.

Anyway, good luck with your skin! Keep us updated on how your dietary changes have affected your skin! Personally, I only find drinking more water helps improve my acne...other than that I don't think I "break out" after eating certain foods.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 08/30/2013 12:54 pm

BP does work, but isn't for everyone. It's kind of a decision between having acne or having clear, but flaky/irritated skin. I chose the latter. I have mild acne and would much rather have that than my whole face being red raw and looking haggard.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 09/02/2013 2:17 am

I think you're definitely right. If you've tried BP for a good 6 months and its still red and dry, then its safe to say that your skin will never adjust to it. When I started the regimen the first month was pure hell with burning, dry, red, irritated skin but after 8 weeks or so my skin had fully adjusted and looked/felt perfectly normal (and clear!)

So yes, of course there are some people whose skin will never adjust, but its still important to give it time (3 months or so).

Good luck with your new regimen - I hope it works out well for you. :)

MemberMember
(@the-effendi)

Posted : 09/03/2013 4:14 pm

Same here. I never had the reaction that was described as an allergy, so I thought it was ok. But my skin would always look flushed or almost lightly burned. It was awful. To the point my doctor thought I had rosacea ( I don't!!). It's not for everyone. Tea tree is my substitute now and it's a huge improvement. Good luck!!