Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SuperYew

Hyperpigmentations Or Acne Scars?

Hey, about 2 months ago I broke out bad on the underside of my jaw line on my face. I am starting my second month of accutane, 80mgs a day. Its clearing up and only a few white heads here and there and a scab or 2 because they rip off when I turn in my sleep. But now that the acnes pretty cleared up I have these marks all over, read their hyperpigmentations but not sure if acne scars or what lol, any help would be great/

post-213780-0-62074600-1377464579_thumb.

Edited by SuperYew

it looks like hyperpigmentation to me and i believe the scabs might leave behind scars, hopefully not though. Aha+ is good to fade these red marks but since your on a high dose of accutane then aha+ woudlnt be a good idea lol just because the sensitivity of your face and also the vulnerability.

Yeah I know, after my accutane course Ill talk to my derm. And don't hyperpigmentations even if left un treated eventually fade away on their own?

yes they will fade on their own, but it can take time, mine been here for about almost a year. im going to be using aha+ to help the process of healing.

Well I guess I will have to wait a few months, as Aha or other creams and accutane are not going to mix well.

Anyone know if cleansers or any types of soaps affect hyperpigmentations?