Notifications
Clear all

I Just Had Mechanic Dermabrasion

MemberMember
(@jennyfung2009)

Posted : 08/25/2013 8:47 am

I have been a member here since 2009 and desperate for normal skin.

I had subcision (2 times) , Sculptra (5 times), fractional CO2 laser(>10 times)

not alone other useless procedures such as Cooltouch and Fraxel Restore, yet none of them can make a difference.

Last month I made another attempt to mechanic dermabrasion (that is a procedure in which the practitioner remove the dermis with a diamond-head kit)

My face bled and secreted for ten days and my face is still very red and sensitive.

The plastic surgeon said I had to wait for 2 months so that my face should be able to return to a normal colour.However, as I can see, some of my scars are still noticeable. It is hoped that there is a slight improvement after this drastic procedure.

that is something like this

MemberMember
(@mbbento)

Posted : 08/25/2013 1:48 pm

Dermabrasion is hardcore, so I salute you for having the courage to go through with it. I look forward to seeing the results. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 08/25/2013 8:56 pm

not alone other useless procedures such as Cooltouch and Fraxel Restore, yet none of them can make a difference.

Last month I made another attempt to mechanic dermabrasion (that is a procedure in which the practitioner remove the dermis with a diamond-head kit)

My face bled and secreted for ten days and my face is still very red and sensitive.

The plastic surgeon said I had to wait for 2 months so that my face should be able to return to a normal colour.However, as I can see, some of my scars are still noticeable. It is hoped that there is a slight improvement after this drastic procedure.

what kind of scarring do you have. dermabrassion is indeed very hardcore and can possibly do real harm to your skin. if you have deep boxcars.icepicks like i do i would recommend enerjet. im one month from my first treatment and im already getting amazzing results!

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 08/27/2013 8:47 am

Wow impressive. Good luck and keep us updated!

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 08/27/2013 9:46 am

just wanted to say that i hope you get good success from this once you are totally healed up. i am sure it was a tough procedure for sure.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 08/27/2013 5:48 pm

Jenny, I am not a fan of dermabrasion, and it was my longest recovery by far. Instead of the non-ablative lasers you should have gone with Re:pair. The aggressive nature of your quest to eliminate scars tells me that Re:pair would have been your best choice.

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 08/27/2013 7:33 pm

She did have fractional co2..over 10 times!?

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 08/27/2013 8:32 pm

It was non-ablative if she had it 10 times.

MemberMember
(@jennyfung2009)

Posted : 08/27/2013 9:59 pm

It was non-ablative if she had it 10 times.

No, I really have had it for nearly 16 times

I had non ablative

(Fraxel restore) for 12 times

(cool touch) for 4 times

I had Lumenis Deep FX for 12 times

Fraxel Repair for 4 times

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 08/27/2013 11:16 pm

I think in Europe they combine recell with dermabrasion to speed up the healing process.

MemberMember
(@searchandseek)

Posted : 08/27/2013 11:31 pm

Hey Jenny.

I'm not a fan of lasers. But what about the subscision that you had... Was any improvement obtained from those 2 treatments, or did you stop at 2 because the results were minimal?

MemberMember
(@jennyfung2009)

Posted : 08/28/2013 4:41 am

Hey Jenny.

I'm not a fan of lasers. But what about the subscision that you had... Was any improvement obtained from those 2 treatments, or did you stop at 2 because the results were minimal?

I have obtained improvement from subcision.

I could see my scars became shallower (esp the rolling scars)

Metaphorically, it's like my scars origianlly pulled from beneath were released.

BUT they still exist.

I stop at my second subcision because when I had my first subcision,

both my doctor and I could hear some sound when the tissues were broken off.

However, when I had my second subcision, no sound could be heard anymore and he believed

the scars tissue have been released and the root of my problem is about tissue loss.

Therefore, in the future, micor-droplet silicone will be my last resort.

Jenny, I am not a fan of dermabrasion, and it was my longest recovery by far. Instead of the non-ablative lasers you should have gone with Re:pair. The aggressive nature of your quest to eliminate scars tells me that Re:pair would have been your best choice.

I see you had dermabrasion done.

I have expected long downtime but I still hope that the wait is worthwhile.

Did you obtain good result from that dermabrasion?

MemberMember
(@iconzz)

Posted : 08/28/2013 4:56 am

u are so brave to undergo somthin lik this.... was that LA which he gav thru needle... awesome video.... like without nerve injury n ol ... wer u on ga???

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 08/28/2013 5:54 am

Jenny, I don't think the Dermabrasion did any good, and neither did the regular CO2. DeepFX 12 times and Re:pair 4 times is unheard of. My 5 Re:pairs alone were about $10,000. What were your treatment levels with Re:pair and DeepFX?

I normally suggest an aggressive approach to scar treatment, but in your case I can't conceive that you have allowed your skin any opportunity to heal or collagen growth to begin. My 5 Re:pairs were done over 3.5 years with ample time for recovery between each. I fear what you are doing to your skin with the constant trauma. Please for your sake and the sake of your skin take a step back. Take at least a year off and let the process work. The healing process takes time and cannot be rushed. Be good to yourself and stop this for a while, and see where you stand. There is such a thing as an obsession with surgery, this is seen often with plastic surgery, and the results are not good. YOU NEED A BREAK!

Dr. Dudley hereby prescribes at least a year of you pampering your skin with moisturizers and sunscreen. A year of meditation and reflection, exercise, good diet. Read some of the posts just about pampering your skin. Who is it QuirkyFox that has a regimen posted? Please do not even think about any procedures for at least a year.

MemberMember
(@hiddy-cheeks)

Posted : 08/28/2013 6:31 am

If you don't mind me asking, why did you have so many laser treatments if it wasn't working? It must have cost you a huge amount of money.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 08/28/2013 11:48 pm

If you've indeed had over 10 fractional C02 laser procedures that would be unprecedented. Given that you have been a member since 2009 and the technology itself hasn't been around that long, I estimate that you've had 3-4 fractional c02 laser procedures per year for the last 4 years!? That sounds incredibly aggressive.

Have you not had any improvement with such an aggressive regimen thus far? Dermabrasion continues to be one of those mysterious procedures that we've all heard about but seen very little in way of photos.

How severe is your scarring to take such a drastic step?

Your case is fascinating, and it would be great if you can continue to update us on your story.

MemberMember
(@jennyfung2009)

Posted : 08/29/2013 8:04 am

If you don't mind me asking, why did you have so many laser treatments if it wasn't working? It must have cost you a huge amount of money.

Since I live in Hong Kong, here the laser treatments are not costly.

HOWEVER, the clinics usually sell a series of treatments in package .

For example, you can get 30% off if you buy 5 treatments; 60% off if you buy 10 treatments.

Therefore, I made a 'bulk purchase'

Deepfx is about US$450 each time

Repair is about US$500 each time

I started to have ablative laser from 2008

The doctor suggests to have them done every 2 months

and I have to 'finish' what I have bought

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 08/29/2013 3:58 pm

Since I live in Hong Kong, here the laser treatments are not costly.

HOWEVER, the clinics usually sell a series of treatments in package .

For example, you can get 30% off if you buy 5 treatments; 60% off if you buy 10 treatments.

Therefore, I made a 'bulk purchase'

Deepfx is about US$450 each time

Repair is about US$500 each time

I started to have ablative laser from 2008

The doctor suggests to have them done every 2 months

and I have to 'finish' what I have bought

wow! that seems super fishy for the doctors pushing you to finish your treatments 2 months apart just so you can complete the package and they can receive all payments. they know its doing more harm to your skin but clearly it seems that they dont care and just want profit. its a shame doctors accross the globe share the same hunger for profit as the western ones do.