Notifications
Clear all

Face Peeling?

MemberMember
(@tonythetiger)

Posted : 08/24/2013 10:36 pm

So I am entering my 3rd week on the regimen starting Monday, the burning and other issues I was having subsided by the second week. However I have encountered a new issue. After I use the products, my face doesn't feel moisturized, it feels somewhat stale or stiff. I noticed that my overall skin tone was different than the area around my eyes (where I don't apply the product). It was more dark. I just figured this was normal but then after I wash my face again I noticed that some of it started peeling off. So now I'm stuck with brown patches of skin which I'm assuming is dead skin. From afar, my face looks like it has a gritty/ rough texture. It's not the most attractive sight ever so I was wondering what could be happening? Is this normal? Does it take a while to go away?

How would I go about to help remove it and even my skin tone out?

Should I exfoliate, use lemons, steam face, use warm wash cloth or what? I've searched through the forums for help but I have yet to find a solution. I am also hesitant on trying any of these because I'd rather not irritate my skin since I'm making slight progress.

For anyone that wants to know, I am using Dans products. Im 1 week & 6 days into the regimen, I am currently using 3/4 of a finger length of the bp because my face became very tolerant quickly. No additional products have been added.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

MemberMember
(@aaron556)

Posted : 08/25/2013 2:07 am

I typed a very long reply, and decided to get rid of that "change your avatar" popup by clicking "remind me in a few days" and it refreshed my page... so long story short:

Buy jojoba oil for dry skin; http://www.danielkern.com/category-s/28.htm . Don't use lemons, steaming your face is okay if you do it before applying regimen (don't let sweat get in your eyes, the bp will burn them), don't exfoliate because that's aggravating. Sorry for the crappy response, it used to be good..

MemberMember
(@theonethatgotaway)

Posted : 08/25/2013 3:48 am

Aaron is correct. Jojoba oil is the best solution to your problem. It worked for me, when my moisturizer couldn't get the job done. I don't use it anymore though as AHA+ takes care of the flakiness for me now.

MemberMember
(@tonythetiger)

Posted : 08/25/2013 6:56 am

Alright thanks guys !

So the skin peeling is normal? it's fine to continue the use of bp?

I'm not allergic or anything just skeptical on whether it's helping my skin or destroying it.

That was the closest thread I found that relates to my problem. Mine just isn't as severe.

But I will look into the jojoba oil today. Appreciate it !

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 08/25/2013 9:04 am

First few weeks of the regimen no amount of jojoba oil will completely get rid of the dryness, its just something we all have to go through on the regimen. Totally worth it though, please dont give up because of it because in a few weeks time teh dryness will go away and youll have clear healthy skin again :)

MemberMember
(@carebear06)

Posted : 08/25/2013 11:01 am

So I am entering my 3rd week on the regimen starting Monday, the burning and other issues I was having subsided by the second week. However I have encountered a new issue. After I use the products, my face doesn't feel moisturized, it feels somewhat stale or stiff. I noticed that my overall skin tone was different than the area around my eyes (where I don't apply the product). It was more dark. I just figured this was normal but then after I wash my face again I noticed that some of it started peeling off. So now I'm stuck with brown patches of skin which I'm assuming is dead skin. From afar, my face looks like it has a gritty/ rough texture. It's not the most attractive sight ever so I was wondering what could be happening? Is this normal? Does it take a while to go away?

Should I exfoliate, use lemons, steam face, use warm wash cloth or what? I've searched through the forums for help but I have yet to find a solution. I am also hesitant on trying any of these because I'd rather not irritate my skin since I'm making slight progress.

For anyone that wants to know, I am using Dans products. Im 1 week & 6 days into the regimen, I am currently using 3/4 of a finger length of the bp because my face became very tolerant quickly. No additional products have been added.

I've been through that stage of horrible brown patches. It was very embarrassing. Mine looked like I had gotten burnt :(

But with time ..moisturizer/jojoba oil its goneee! Happy about that.

Moisturize properly & use jojoba oil it really helps :

MemberMember
(@tonythetiger)

Posted : 08/25/2013 2:25 pm

I've been through that stage of horrible brown patches. It was very embarrassing. Mine looked like I had gotten burnt :(

But with time ..moisturizer/jojoba oil its goneee! Happy about that.

Moisturize properly & use jojoba oil it really helps :

Glad to know I'm not the only that experienced this! But it did go away within time right?

& Very very much appreciated everyone! I feel much more confident about this now!

MemberMember
(@carebear06)

Posted : 08/25/2013 10:26 pm

Yess it did go away with time. U'll be ok don't worry :)

MemberMember
(@hope94)

Posted : 10/06/2013 6:56 am

I think I have the same situation, I know I'm not meant to but try to scrape my skin and I can see all the dead skin in my fingernails.