Notifications
Clear all

Best Non Comedogenic Moisturisers With Spf?

MemberMember
(@jennypenny78)

Posted : 08/24/2013 5:23 pm

Hi, i am looking for a fairly cheap (less than £15) moisturiser which

doesnt clog my pores//oil free

has spf for my hyperpigmentation

I have combination skin so i dont know which moisturisers to use!

Also, it would be a bonus if it could be found in supermarket or boots in the uk! Thanks :)

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 08/24/2013 5:36 pm

From Dan:

Moisturizers with SPF:

Avoid:

• Most sunscreens. Sunscreens are often by their very nature oily and greasy products.
  • Isopropyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Myristate, Isopropyl Isostearate, Myristal Myristate, Laureth-4. See below for a complete list of ingredients to avoid.
  • I have not found any good SPFs other than Oil of Olay Classic Gentle Formula (see below), and Philosophy Hope Oil-Free SPF 30 for Normal to Oily Skin.

Look for:

From Dan: "The three SPFs which I have found that work well (and I have tried them all!) are:

• Neutrogena Clear Face SPF 30 - In your palm, mix 1/4 to 1/3 teaspoon into your usual non-SPF moisturizer, and apply.
  • Olay - Complete All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 - Sensitive. In your palm, mix with 5-6 drops of jojoba oil to increase moisturizing capabilities, and apply.
  • Philosophy Hope Oil-Free SPF 30 for Normal to Oily Skin. Nice feel, but must be mixed with a more powerful non-SPF moisturizer to handle dryness after benzoyl peroxide application. In your palm, mix 1/4 to 1/3 teaspoon with your normal non-SPF moisturizer, and apply. For extra moisture, add 5-6 drops of jojoba oil. (Note: This SPF is quite expensive.)"
MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 08/25/2013 4:38 am

if you want a sunscreen with good spf property i say go for neutregena pure & free baby range.

(no paraben + physical sunscreen + for sensitive baby skin)

zinc is good for acne in generally.

u could add moisturiser or jojoba oil etc. to add moisturising effect.

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 08/25/2013 9:15 am

if you have access to one of the larger boots stores check out Avene and La Roche, I dont know the products off the top of my head but most of their moisturizers are non comedogenic and a few of them have SPF. Theyre usually around 10-15 because theyre 'higher end' products compared to for example neutrogena or simple

MemberMember
(@stephzoars)

Posted : 08/25/2013 7:29 pm

From Dan:

Moisturizers with SPF:

Avoid:

• Most sunscreens. Sunscreens are often by their very nature oily and greasy products.
  • Isopropyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Myristate, Isopropyl Isostearate, Myristal Myristate, Laureth-4. See below for a complete list of ingredients to avoid.
  • I have not found any good SPFs other than Oil of Olay Classic Gentle Formula (see below), and Philosophy Hope Oil-Free SPF 30 for Normal to Oily Skin.

Look for:

From Dan: "The three SPFs which I have found that work well (and I have tried them all!) are:

• Neutrogena Clear Face SPF 30 - In your palm, mix 1/4 to 1/3 teaspoon into your usual non-SPF moisturizer, and apply.
  • Olay - Complete All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 - Sensitive. In your palm, mix with 5-6 drops of jojoba oil to increase moisturizing capabilities, and apply.
  • Philosophy Hope Oil-Free SPF 30 for Normal to Oily Skin. Nice feel, but must be mixed with a more powerful non-SPF moisturizer to handle dryness after benzoyl peroxide application. In your palm, mix 1/4 to 1/3 teaspoon with your normal non-SPF moisturizer, and apply. For extra moisture, add 5-6 drops of jojoba oil. (Note: This SPF is quite expensive.)"

OLAY COMPLETE FOR SENSITIVE SKIN, it's truly amazing. :)

if you have access to one of the larger boots stores check out Avene and La Roche, I dont know the products off the top of my head but most of their moisturizers are non comedogenic and a few of them have SPF. Theyre usually around £10-£15 because theyre 'higher end' products compared to for example neutrogena or simple

I like Simple's night cream a lot. I think Simple has a lot of great products.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/25/2013 8:15 pm

CeraVe AM is a great light moisturizer and it has SPF 30 in it. I love the entire CeraVe brand

MemberMember
(@lyanna)

Posted : 08/27/2013 5:41 pm

stephzoars: How do you use your Olay moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@stephzoars)

Posted : 08/28/2013 5:56 pm

I just use it in the morning after washing my face. I wear it under my makeup. You really don't need a lot, a little goes a long way.

Some people complain of it stinging on blemishes, but it's only happened to me slightly once (nothing that worried me) and I have MEGA sensitive skin.

MemberMember
(@lyanna)

Posted : 08/29/2013 4:10 am

I just use it in the morning after washing my face. I wear it under my makeup. You really don't need a lot, a little goes a long way.

Some people complain of it stinging on blemishes, but it's only happened to me slightly once (nothing that worried me) and I have MEGA sensitive skin.

Yeah, I didn't feel any stinging when I tried Olay's moisturizer. However, I have very dry, sensitive skin and this moisturizer didn't help at all. You could very clearly see where I had applied it on my face, even after 10-12 hours, and it was very difficult to remove afterwards. Did you mix yours with anything else? I tried mixing mine with a few drops of jojoba oil without any luck.

MemberMember
(@stephzoars)

Posted : 08/29/2013 7:06 pm

Yeah, I didn't feel any stinging when I tried Olay's moisturizer. However, I have very dry, sensitive skin and this moisturizer didn't help at all. You could very clearly see where I had applied it on my face, even after 10-12 hours, and it was very difficult to remove afterwards. Did you mix yours with anything else? I tried mixing mine with a few drops of jojoba oil without any luck.

Honestly, I have very oily skin. Sensitive and oily. So maybe it's not the best for dry skin? I didn't mix mine with anything, I didn't really have a problem with the whiteness of it ever, it always absorbed into my skin. :\ It was my miracle lotion for the longest time because everything broke me out or made me feel like I was wearing a mask of moisturizer.

if you want a sunscreen with good spf property i say go for neutregena pure & free baby range.

(no paraben + physical sunscreen + for sensitive baby skin)

zinc is good for acne in generally.

u could add moisturiser or jojoba oil etc. to add moisturising effect.

^^ Have you maybe tried aanabill's idea of neutrogena pure & free baby range? Ulta has high reviews for it. It also has a much higher SPF.

MemberMember
(@randomgirl1984)

Posted : 10/31/2013 7:02 pm

[Removed]

Eucerin Dermo Purifyer Adjunctive hydrating care spf 30 is a good product and you can get it in Boots. It's just under a tenner as well.

MemberMember
(@daynecarter)

Posted : 11/05/2013 2:42 pm

olay leaves yor skin very greasy/skin looking