Notifications
Clear all

Bp And Sa Together

MemberMember
(@ava13)

Posted : 08/24/2013 1:29 am

Hey guys, so i've been struggling with acne since i was 11 years old. I am now 19. For years, i've been using 10% benzoyl peroxide as a spot treatment but about a week ago my doctor told me to use it all over my acne prone areas as a preventative treatment as well because i was constantly breaking out all over my cheeks. I'v been doing this for about a week and i've seen good results already. One of my cheeks is already mostly clear. I also use Stridex 2% salicylic acid pads...they really help take off all that dead skin thats left from using benzoyl peroxide and theyre alcohol free, so they're not TOO irritating...My concern is, is using both of these products together bad?? I personally feel like they work great together, my skin is getting dry though since i started using the BP all over. What do you guys think of this combination?? I Love benzoyl peroxide and i won't stop using it, it works great for me.....but should i reduce my salicylic acid use??

My skin has not gotten irritated or anything, just dry and peeling in some areas but not excessively...

Also, i don't like to use moisturizer ALL OVER my face, because it seems like every moisturizer clogs up my pores...so ill only use it on very dry spots. can you guys recommend a good moisturizer??

My Routine:

Morning:

-Wash face with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

-Spot treat with 10% benzoyl peroxide (ONLY on any major zits)

Night:

-Wash with Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser

-Use Stridex pads 2% salicylic acid

-Wait a few minutes and apply Benzoyl peroxide 10% all over my acne prone areas

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@2muchacne2littletime)

Posted : 08/24/2013 9:35 am

I've heard that bp and sa cancel each other out. Not sure how true that is, though.

MemberMember
(@1question)

Posted : 08/25/2013 7:17 pm

I've been using Paulas choice BHA followed by her BP for years, if you think it's working then stick with it.