Notifications
Clear all

When You Finally Get Clear...

MemberMember
(@cookiej)

Posted : 08/23/2013 3:53 pm

How many of you will you be able to return to life as it used to be as if nothing happened. And for those who got clear, how many of you still suffer from the mental effects? Just wondering smile.png

(@LewisS)

Posted : 08/23/2013 5:07 pm

I think if I were to get 100% clear instantly I would just go out and be so confident and happy. I'd eventually find something else to obsess over though, probably my weight.

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 08/23/2013 5:28 pm

Good topic here that is relevant:

MemberMember
(@mdp703)

Posted : 08/23/2013 6:40 pm

I was clear for three months this winter. I can tell u that you would never have known if you were in my head. I started going without make up but I felt so naked every day and would check the mirror regularly to make sure I wasn't breaking out. Every morning was a war BC I would assume I broke out and be scared to see myself in the mirror. My husband and I even fought one day BC I said I broke out and he told me I was crazy cuz he didn't see one spot.

I eventually did break out again, but I did see my anxieties changing and slowly becoming more comfortable in my own skin. It would probably take at least six months of being clear for more significant changes to happen. However, I think I would always have an underlying fear of a break out.

MemberMember
(@akko)

Posted : 08/23/2013 9:10 pm

I had a bad breakout that lasted 2 years, and got clear maybe 5 years ago. Seeing smooth skin on my forehead was a magical feeling that I still indulge in every now and then. For the first 6 months I was so happy to be clear, but also completely superstitious about saying or even thinking that I had beaten it. It had happened so many times before that I thought I had found a cure, only to break out terribly again. After 6 months I started to allow myself to think I had beaten it, and it hasn't come back thankfully.

It's just so nice not to have to think about it now. It's very freeing!

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 08/24/2013 2:31 am

If people treat you nicely, then they see it at most as a minor problem which they might comment on, but not really think anything bad about it.

MemberMember
(@cookiej)

Posted : 08/24/2013 5:15 am

Thanks, I didn't know about that. I can relate to everything in that thread!

MemberMember
(@iconzz)

Posted : 08/24/2013 8:30 am

i would be more happy than i was before wit clear skin i.e almost 10 years bac.....

MemberMember
(@vanessa2002)

Posted : 08/24/2013 12:32 pm

I will start accutane in a short while, but I think having acne for so long (13 years) has permanently changed me. I now scrutinize over every little detail in my appearance, mainly the skin but also other things (for example my lashes). I wasn't like that before that acne, but now I am and this can't be undone. But I don't think it's bad actually. It'll make sure I always look my best.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 08/25/2013 11:16 pm

i use to think about this, but i now realise that fantasizing about is useless. Honestly at this point it wouldn't change jack sh!t, people would still be the same fuks they always have been. so with that in mind the first thing i would do is ko some random bi-och because i felt like it, ahhhh yes

actually i'm fairly positive that might happen soon i'll let you know what psychological effects it has on me. im predicting it'll be a huge stress relief lol.

MemberMember
(@omgmike4)

Posted : 08/27/2013 5:26 pm

Yea. If I got clealred right now. It would be like a great heavy load taken off my back. I think about acne so much that it drives me crazy. I literally don't want to do anything else Unless im clear. Its a terrible feeling.