Notifications
Clear all

Stop Picking Buddy

MemberMember
(@kaleidoscopeyes)

Posted : 08/23/2013 2:07 pm

Hi there, I'm a 31 year old female that's looking for someone that can be my 'stop picking buddy'.

I'm going to give this a try, as I feel that if I have someone that I have to answer to, than it may just make me stop picking. I can't seem to stop, and I feel ashamed when I have to face my friends and family.

I just want someone that I can report to, and that can report to me as well that they haven't picked that day. And maybe even a photo or two to see how the progress is going of healing.

I would ask a family member but it's to embarassing, and I had a friend that I asked, but they never bothered to check in on me.

I feel that if we can do this together after 30 days, it will become habit not to anymore.

I'm also going to be working on a strategy to stop myself when I'm in that moment that I drag myself kicking and screaming in front of the mirror to pick. I won't rely totally on this to get me through, so if anyone has any suggestions as to how they stop themselves in the first place that would be great!

Feel free to PM me with info and msn & hopefully we can be amazing change for one another! :D

MemberMember
(@beth-n)

Posted : 08/24/2013 1:18 am

I'm having the same problem and I'm not afraid to admit it. I usually lie to my friends and family saying that I fell and hurt myself. But now that I read your story I feel as if I can be your buddy that u want.

I'm 13 and I've have SERRIOUS acne problems ever since I was 5/6 years old. I started picking when I was little and now it has become a habit.

I just hope we both can help each other out and stop these habits before they get even worse.

I just hope at least one person on this site can help me and the other people who r having problems.

MemberMember
(@iconzz)

Posted : 08/24/2013 8:28 am

*mod edit - URL removed* can i join??? i cant control more than 3 days..... i just peel my skin which is so dry.. need to stop...

MemberMember
(@beth-n)

Posted : 08/24/2013 4:11 pm

Sure u can join. I can't go more than a few days without picking and it irritates me.

To me it's a stupid habit.

MemberMember
(@desperate-anon)

Posted : 08/25/2013 1:27 pm

here is what i do , this may not work for everybody but it helped me a lot . First of all what i did was stop looking in the mirror , just stopped . when i had to comb my hair or something I just used dimmer lights or no lights at all. Also when i had the strongest urge to pick or pop a huge pimple , I would just take a shower and relax. If thats a lengthy process then just mildly wash you face and try to lay down for a while and relax . Despite there might be small urges but you would get by .

joining in

MemberMember
(@iamdfag)

Posted : 08/26/2013 10:14 pm

i also wanna join. but somehow i have my own trick of stopping the urge to pick. it is to wear gloves. (not necessarily outside the house) :)

MemberMember
(@elanorci)

Posted : 08/28/2013 1:50 am

I'm a little late to the party, but I'm in as well!

I pick a ton, but I also TOUCH my face a LOT. I'll constantly just run my hands over my face, feeling for new pimples/checking on the size of the old ones/etc... I'm sure it's causing a ton of my acne, but I can't seem to stop. Hopefully this will give me some accountability :/

MemberMember
(@iconzz)

Posted : 08/28/2013 2:52 am

my day 2.. i dint touch except while washing today morning wit cetaphil.... how u guys doing... n i din apply anythin after that ...:P i peeled my skin over cheeks 2 days bac... so its kinda still red.. will post the pics once this rednes is gone

Sure u can join. I can't go more than a few days without picking and it irritates me.

To me it's a stupid habit.

MemberMember
(@iconzz)

Posted : 08/29/2013 2:48 am

day 3... n i din pic.... just washed my face wit cetaphil today mornin... anybody dr followin this

MemberMember
(@i_need_willpower)

Posted : 08/29/2013 10:29 am

I lasted one day : ( I just can't help myself, despite all the techniques I've read about. Keeping busy does help, but all I've got to see is something sticking out which I tell myself 'I might as well give it a hand on its way out'- it then doesn't come out, so I try again...and again...as then I feel angry at myself for causing such a mess. Maybe I'll report back here every day to hold myself accountable! I'm getting married in less than 2 months and I can't let this ruin my big day when it's ruined so many other days of my life- I'm nearly 30 and I've wasted 13 years of my adult life with acne! So day 1 will begin tomorrow...

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/29/2013 8:52 pm

MemberMember
(@i_need_willpower)

Posted : 09/01/2013 5:50 am

I failed already. I really am useless. I have bloody scabs all over my chin and I start work again tomorrow. I feel sick to my stomach and I just want to hide from the world. Having it pointed out to me like someone did today is humiliating. I wish I could be stronger like a lot of you.

MemberMember
(@iconzz)

Posted : 09/01/2013 9:05 am

day 6... my skin is red... mite be becoz i was just washing without moisturising...

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/01/2013 3:18 pm

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 09/01/2013 3:30 pm

joining!

This is my pet hate.. skin picking. its caused me scars on my face and chest, shoulders.. and it needs to stop quite frankly.

If I didn't get imperfections or spots then it wouldn't be so hard, especially as i am now 26 y/o

I have picked today. so as of tomorrow I shall start.

Some recent changes, i use AHA aqua glycolic cleanser and have just started the paleo diet

MemberMember
(@gabbergoose)

Posted : 11/27/2013 2:40 pm

Today is day one. Well I picked at midnight so tomorrow is official day one.

MemberMember
(@fluffyboots)

Posted : 11/28/2013 9:32 am

Another picker here who needs to stop, wishing you all the best of luck!