Notifications
Clear all

My Story

MemberMember
(@franksthebear)

Posted : 08/23/2013 8:25 am

Hi Forum

Ive been lurking around this board for 3 or so years now, i tried everything under the sun to fix my severe acne and went on accutane on may 19th last year.

Accuatane cleared up my severe acne by mid november and after finishing the course in early january my acne came back (along with severe hairloss, which i think is coming to a close now) . i jumped on Dans regimen in march and i am now clear again.

If anyone has any questions or doubts related to the regimen or even accutane and id be happy to answer them

MemberMember
(@iconzz)

Posted : 08/23/2013 9:01 am

do you hav any scars???? n did accutane made you skin kindaa red and toooo dry?

MemberMember
(@franksthebear)

Posted : 08/23/2013 9:16 am

do you hav any scars???? n did accutane made you skin kindaa red and toooo dry?

I do have some small scars on my upper cheek bones, they are not visible unless theyre pointed out though (the scaring was from picking not from accutane or the regimen) .

Accutane made my skill go very pale and during the first few weeks a pale pink.

Yes very dry i had to moisture heavily day and night.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/23/2013 9:19 am

and the hairloss stopped or has it reversed and you are back to where you started?

MemberMember
(@franksthebear)

Posted : 08/23/2013 9:22 am

and the hairloss stopped or has it reversed and you are back to where you started?

Not yet, its slowed though a lot. Ive been taking 4X 300mcg of biotin a day for the last month or so ,and spending 30minutes a day doing cardio which has seemed to help. i would lose 40 hairs a day previously, now its more like 20.

My hair wont be back to post accutane hair for another 4-5 months id say, im seeing strong vellus hair re-grwoth so im on the right track atleast.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/23/2013 9:25 am

think it's the biotin that is helping or just being off the accutane? I know hard to say right?

MemberMember
(@franksthebear)

Posted : 08/23/2013 9:35 am

if i had to put my money or it , id say the re-growth is biotin related, and the slowing in hair loss is the accutane leaving the system (i should mention i cut all strong forms vitamin a from my diet 2 months ago).

By the difuse nature of the hairloss id say its telogen effluvium related, meaing my hairloss should slow to a stop in 1-3 months (given its been 4ish months already

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/23/2013 10:12 am

you are lucky biotin doesn't break you out, that is one of those 50/50 vitamins that either breaks you out or doesn't

good luck to you, sounds like you are on the right path!

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 08/23/2013 10:32 am

Are you still on the Regimen? Is it still working well for you?

MemberMember
(@franksthebear)

Posted : 08/23/2013 6:28 pm

Thanks mrsrobinson!

I am still on the regimen and its working a treat so far. i rarely get any pimples at all, though i do have a few red marks here and there