Notifications
Clear all

Cyst Lanced&injection.. Scar? Pic

MemberMember
(@mommiemouse)

Posted : 08/22/2013 10:48 pm

Hi everyone.. Just got my first cystic pimple :( it took almost 3 weeks to get into a dermatologist and by then my forehead cyst was huge (dime sized), painful and almost coming to a head. The derm decided to do an injection. While doing the injection, the cyst popped and pus came gushing out, so he lanced it and there was pus and blood everywhere. He gave a squeeze and literally the cyst is gone. He gave me a prescription for spiro. So, it's the night of, and I'm really sore. I've bled through a few bandaids. I've put on a bandaid and polysporin.

It's now completely flat (8 hrs post appointment) except for the middle that looks a bit hole like from where the pus came from. You all know so much, and I'd love your thoughts in whether this will scar?

Please help.. Comments, suggestions, anything would be helpful!

The first photo is how it currently looks (bandaid photo)

post-216446-0-64817900-1377229158_thumb.

The second photo was a few hours after the lance/injection

post-216446-0-75494900-1377229244_thumb.

post-216446-0-64817900-1377229158_thumb.

post-216446-0-75494900-1377229244_thumb.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/22/2013 11:34 pm

not bad, that will heal - keep it moist, I'm a pure aloe vera fan, but some aquaphor would be fine until it heals over - then you could try mederma over that, or I'd keep up with the aloe vera

not bad at all, we are all hoping that is your first, and last cystic one!

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 08/23/2013 1:02 am

Yeah it's gonna scar. A cyst that big bursting will leave a scar on you regardless of how super your skin healing genetics are. You have some scars underneath that healing wound, that's probably what it'll look like if cysts caused those scars too.

I would get laser resurfacing in a month or two. The newer a scar is, the better it'll respond to scar treatments. Luckily, you have mild boxcar scarring and fraxel repair improves those kinds of scars a lot.

Keep it moist...a moist wound heals much better than a dry one.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 09/02/2013 6:21 pm

Yeah it's gonna scar. A cyst that big bursting will leave a scar on you regardless of how super your skin healing genetics are. You have some scars underneath that healing wound, that's probably what it'll look like if cysts caused those scars too.

I would get laser resurfacing in a month or two. The newer a scar is, the better it'll respond to scar treatments. Luckily, you have mild boxcar scarring and fraxel repair improves those kinds of scars a lot.

Keep it moist...a moist wound heals much better than a dry one.

its not proven fraxel repair improves boxcars .