Notifications
Clear all

Bp Still Making My Skin Red After Almost 2 Years Of Use?

MemberMember
(@tomwantshelp)

Posted : 08/22/2013 8:07 pm

Please help me, I am desperate. I use very very little BP on my skin and moisturize all the time. However, my skin is still red after 2 years of doing this.

I have no idea what to do. Maybe ive been allergic this whole time?

Can I switch to Retin-A or something without having a breakout?

What do I do?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 08/22/2013 8:14 pm

What moisturizer do you use? Maybe you need to switch it up to a better one.

MemberMember
(@tomwantshelp)

Posted : 08/22/2013 8:25 pm

I use Olay Moisturising Lotion. Ill get another one tomorrow to try (any reccomendations?).

Man im really depressed about this, im so sick of it.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 08/22/2013 9:21 pm

I use Olay Moisturising Lotion. Ill get another one tomorrow to try (any reccomendations?).

Man im really depressed about this, im so sick of it.

I really do love my Cetaphil lotion or cream for when you want a lot of moisture. I use it only at night as it can feel heavy and look shiny on your face. But for an overnight moisturizer its really great. There are mixed review on it because some say it breaks them out, but it hasn't done that for me.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 08/23/2013 1:33 am

bp of what %?

MemberMember
(@tomwantshelp)

Posted : 08/23/2013 7:05 am

Bp is 2.5% but i use so little that Its impossible that overuse is the problem. I also apply once daily.

Ill try using a stronger moisturiser and if that doesnt help ill have to cut back on my use even more!

MemberMember
(@tomwantshelp)

Posted : 08/23/2013 9:00 am

Update: got neutragena and it feels more moisturising. Now I have to figure out if the redness is due to lack of moisture or irritation from BP which will take a few days at least.

Im pretty sure its the moisturiser since when I used hardly any bp I was still red.

MemberMember
(@iconzz)

Posted : 08/23/2013 9:05 am

stop using bp.... just google national eczema site... it mite help u... use moisturiser as soon as u wash you face....n b gentle while you wash... no scrubbing o rubbing.. hope it helps:) i had same prob.... its damn irritating than acne...

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 08/26/2013 3:08 pm

Do you use jojoba oil at all?