Notifications
Clear all

Dark Skin Indian Male, Ice Pick Scars

MemberMember
(@mint-berry-crunch)

Posted : 08/22/2013 1:40 pm

Hi,

I am Asian/Indian with dark skin and I have moderate ice pick scars on my face. Most of acne is cleared just scars now. I need help & directions but is there a plastic surgeon who specializes in treating acne scars on very dark skin patients?

I don't know where to start. I have been seeing a plastic surgeon in my area & he advised me that any treatment on my skin will lead to hyper pigmentation. Which is true because i recently had laser surgery (test patch) & the outcome was nothing major. Just a dark red patch on my face.

Also anybody who is indian/asian with dark skin who have similar or same problem as me, I would like to discuss with you further. It will help me understand my acne scar problems, thanks.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 08/22/2013 1:46 pm

what type of scars do you have?

MemberMember
(@mint-berry-crunch)

Posted : 08/22/2013 1:51 pm

what type of scars do you have?

ice pick scars

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 08/23/2013 12:52 am

Do you have my skin tone? I'm also of Indian descent and also have a lot of ice pick scars.

MemberMember
(@mint-berry-crunch)

Posted : 08/26/2013 6:51 pm

Do you have my skin tone? I'm also of Indian descent and also have a lot of ice pick scars.

(sorry for late reply, had no internet connection)

my skin tone may be alot more darker than your, but i don't know what your skin tone is. Are there any surgeons who have treated or had good results with Asian dark skin patients?

here are my pics: