Notifications
Clear all

Mild Scarring - But No Matter What I Do I Can't Get Rid Of It!

MemberMember
(@traci)

Posted : 08/22/2013 1:28 pm

Hello everyone. I think the last time I posted on here was about, 8 years ago, Lol!

Anyway, I need some help, I am 22, have very mild acne and scarring that just will not leave, no matter what!

They are mostly dark/red marks. I have tried many things, but most of the time peels,scrubs,masks etc. just make me break out again and I start from square one.

I have been getting more and more into holistic/natural remedies lately. I have tried a bit of dabbing lemon juice to help lighten the skin, but haven't found anything to renew the skin completely.

Is microdermabrasion my only hope?

gallery_20026_13158_649472.jpg

gallery_20026_13158_1973369.jpg

The scarring is mostly on my cheeks/around my chin.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you! biggrin.png

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 08/22/2013 2:36 pm

its not bad at all but why dont you get a few ipl's? that will really get rid of those marks just make sure you go to a reputable place and have them do at least 3 passes on each spot. ipl is not laser just light so its pretty safe. v-beam also works well too but that is laser. i like the ipl because there really is like no downtime and i can get it done on my lunch break and go right back to work. i used to try and wait out my acne marks but after a few years they were never going away so that is when i started getting ipl's which was like over 6 years ago now. good luck to you!

i also have had good luck wtih tca peels as well. i think they were 10% and i had them done at the medical spa i go to. i find the ipl's easier to do only because they just zap the red and brown areas and the rest of my skin is left alone.