Notifications
Clear all

Back To College

MemberMember
(@jsm1894)

Posted : 08/22/2013 10:32 am

Well I leave for school in two days. Looks my depression is about to multiply by 100. Sometimes I just sit here and wonder why. I get on medication after medication and nothing works. My family thinks that I am letting this ruin my life, and I honestly agree with them. I can't help the way I feel. Nobody understands what I am going through. It feels like this is a never ending struggle. I'd do anything for this to end.

MemberMember
(@kalinka)

Posted : 08/22/2013 10:46 am

It's gonna be hard, no doubt. But you may find that once you get into the swing of things at school, you'll spend less time thinking about your skin and actually enjoy yourself a bit. I know that when I'm home over the summer, my skin always seems worse to me. It is pretty bad, I know for certain. But when I stay at home all the time, I tend to work up more and more fear in my mind about going out of my house and facing people. Lately I've been trying to go out and face people without covering up with makeup and actually, once I get going it isn't too bad. The mental suffering we put ourselves through is worse than the actual physical condition... but when I put myself into a social situation, I actually feel a lot better about my skin.. I know myself that it's still bad but since I'm not spending that time worrying about it constantly, my mood brightens. Stay strong and please, don't let the acne win!! Just remember everyone here supports you, you can do this! :)

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 08/22/2013 10:49 am

Hey man have you considered trying Accutane?

MemberMember
(@jsm1894)

Posted : 08/22/2013 10:54 am

Hey man have you considered trying Accutane?

My doctor won't prescribe it for me. She claims it should be the last resort and keeps putting me on different prescriptions that continually show no results.

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 08/22/2013 11:23 am

If you think your acne is really that bad and its affecting your life a lot you may just want to get a second opinion from a different dermatologist. But I can completely relate using topicals with no results. Your skin may not be as bad as you're preserving it to be though.

MemberMember
(@tim714)

Posted : 08/22/2013 5:29 pm

Yeah I agree, some Dr.'s will prescribe it no problem right off the bat so if you've given multiple prescription medications the recommended amount of time to work without any improvement, you should definitely try Accutane. See another Dr or and be insistent with your current one, they'll probably give it to you. Good luck with everything.