Notifications
Clear all

Doxycycline Hyclate Journey

MemberMember
(@sdog101)

Posted : 08/22/2013 12:31 am

OK.. lets start off with the basis... ice had acne since 12 years old.. one if the first in my class and school to get it, and devolped one of the worse cases in highschool. I'm 16 now and finally said screw it and grew some balls and sae a derm about it. He prescribe me time realease doxy and dapsone 5 percent cream.. but ofcourse my insurance didn't cover time realeased pills so I got non time realeased. During the first three days I was taking 2 100mg doxy pills a day (even though I was only suppose to take one). This was part on the placibo effect of knowimg the pills weren't time realeased. And lets just say the fourth day on the drug I was acne free, which I haven't been in a long time. My fface was rattled with battle scars , so now it was easy sailing right? NOPE my face realized my self-esteem go up and all hell broke loose. Pimples were erupting left and right. Now where back at sqaure one. With more acne the I started with. So bad that my sisters told me how bad it was and how I see a derm ( they didn't know I saw one)... so after a week of healing I my face tells me to fuck off and here comes another outbreak..at this point I'm considerimg that I should ditch the pills....now my acne is now the worse it has ever been, my face had about 10 active pimples, plus countless scars and healimg ones. But I kept on trucking I guess you could say. I stayed in doors, embarred by my complextion. Another week or two go by and finally the pimples have gone down. I'm now on day 21 and I have one pimple left. I'm still taking 200mg a day because I ospeed this shit up. Hopefully, preying to god, my face ststays clear. Im lucky to be born with a complextion ththst heals realtivly fast , ill let you guys know what's the news from here on. This is my routine: wake up pop a pill take a shower. Cleans with cetaphil. Tone with 2 perecent sayalic acid. Apply dapsone. Then cetaphil. Before goimg to bed I pop another pill take a shower. Cleans with sayalic acid 5 percent scrub. Tone with sayalic acid. Dapsone. Cetaphil. Repeat as needed

MemberMember
(@sdog101)

Posted : 08/22/2013 11:23 am

I should also share to you that my acne is restricted on my cheeks. I'm goad ice gotten into the sayalic acid ny derm told me to use- my skin sheds like crazy, which is helping with acne marks. The dapsone...I dont really notice anything different resulting from it, on ither then my pimpled stay less red.

Day 22: one new pimple , so two active pimples in total. I've noticed that ever since starting my cystic acne is going away/ no more new cysts.

MemberMember
(@sdog101)

Posted : 08/23/2013 11:46 am

Day 23: Ugh yet another pimple....of course my acne problem would be that easy to solve...3 active pimples now....with about another few white heads.

MemberMember
(@sdog101)

Posted : 08/25/2013 7:08 pm

Day 25: I went on a mini vaction for 2 days, and only took one shower the whole time there. All I did was pop the pills and go on with my day, no washing my face, or adding shit to my face. NO new pimples :D . All the active ones seemed to go down. shifty.gif

MemberMember
(@sdog101)

Posted : 08/26/2013 1:29 pm

Day26: Seems like a lot of my pimples are down. Not really new pimples just so many red marks and hyper pigmentation errr.gif .

MemberMember
(@sdog101)

Posted : 08/27/2013 10:16 am

Day 27: Had a mini break out today. about 2 white heads and 2 medium sized pimples..... feeling stressedsad.png

MemberMember
(@sdog101)

Posted : 08/28/2013 2:03 pm

day 28: had another breakout.......thought i was finally clearing up but.....

MemberMember
(@sdog101)

Posted : 08/29/2013 12:49 pm

Day 29: More pimples smile.png ..... Total number of active pimples : about 8 ...amount of acne hyper pigmentation scars: uncountable. Seems like my face is exactly when I started...

MemberMember
(@sdog101)

Posted : 08/30/2013 6:48 pm

Day 30: I think I am going to stop this for now.... Doxycycline appears to have little to no effect on controlling my acne. In the beginning it did, but now......... I am seeing the derm late sept for an appt. Ill post more if my acne approves, but i am just wasting my and the readers time.

MemberMember
(@sdog101)

Posted : 09/27/2013 7:30 pm

Doc. decided accutane was the next option... New thread starting soon...

MemberMember
(@seraphen)

Posted : 10/07/2013 4:54 pm

yep doxycycline did absolutely nothing controlling my acne