When Can I Expect D...

Notifications
Clear all

When Can I Expect Dryness To Start Going Down?

MemberMember
(@bja87)

Posted : 08/21/2013 10:52 pm

When can I expect dryness to start going down? I'm at about week two in the regimen and my skin is obviously dry. It actually isn't as dry as I thought it would be due to All the reviews but it still is obviously quit dry! When did the dryness start to go down for everyone or should I expect it to get dryer since I'm only at about week two before it starts to get better!! Thansk

I mostly want to know when the dryness will go down so I can wear make up which I haven't even bothered trying in a week and a half. Also for girls how do you find outing on foundation to be? I obviously mosturize and use the jojoba oil but does any one have advise for putting on foundation like would a primer help will foundation going on more smoothly or would the bp moisturizer and a primer be too much under foundation!?

Any help?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 08/22/2013 12:46 am

After the 6th week the dryness started to slowly go away. And I do mean slowly. I didn't have my skin feel like normal skin again until the 4th month into the regimen. Even though I got clear on my 10th week, I still experienced dryness and flaking.

When I started using make-up again it was around after I got clear. I used a liquid foundation and set it with powder. I didn't need a primer and didn't really want to add any addional layers so my skin could still breathe a bit.

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 08/22/2013 9:12 am

I had a similar experience to nicmic. I'm on my 7th week, and my skin has just recently stopped flaking intensely. Unfortunately, the best you can do is just hang in there. Jojoba oil seriously helps; I've exfoliated with it a few times, too. Dryness is pretty much an unavoidable side effect of BP.