Notifications
Clear all

Is The Ice Pick Really The Most Difficult Type Acne Scar ?

MemberMember
(@lelouch)

Posted : 08/21/2013 10:53 am

Hi,all.........i dont have much experience and understanding in the classification of acne scar,my domestic acquaintance told me that the ice pick can be regarded as the most difficult acne scar to get rid of....is it true?I hope that the friends here who have been treated with fraxel or others for ice pick can help me,tell me something about it,such as the general corresponding treatment,the experience of ur treatment and so on.I may just be free to see doctor in more than half a year but now i'm filled with nothing but anxiety,sadness and helplessness!injured.gif

Best wishes to all!injured.gif

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/21/2013 12:10 pm

it depends on how deep the ice pick scar is...check out the TCA cross method, someone just posted the link to a recent medical paper on this site, so search here...but it really works on smaller ice picks, you may need to do it 3 or 4 times a month apart, and some brave souls do it themselves!

That is a very focused method of scar removal, vs fraxel which will impact healthy as well as scarred skin.

And not sure you have ever heard of Dermaflage make-up, I ended up buying it and it does work remarkably well for ice pick scars, not so much for rolling, but for ice picks, wow....fills them right up with silicone that you can peel off later...not cheap but it works.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 08/22/2013 3:06 pm

it depends on how deep the ice pick scar is...check out the TCA cross method, someone just posted the link to a recent medical paper on this site, so search here...but it really works on smaller ice picks, you may need to do it 3 or 4 times a month apart, and some brave souls do it themselves!

That is a very focused method of scar removal, vs fraxel which will impact healthy as well as scarred skin.

And not sure you have ever heard of Dermaflage make-up, I ended up buying it and it does work remarkably well for ice pick scars, not so much for rolling, but for ice picks, wow....fills them right up with silicone that you can peel off later...not cheap but it works.

i also bought the dermaflage acne scar koit but havent used it yet. you think it would work on deep box cars also?

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/22/2013 5:47 pm

my experience is that is works great for ice picks and deep depressions but not on rolling or box cars -- very cool on the ice picks though...wish it was permanent!

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 08/23/2013 12:51 am

How do you get it to work on ice picks? The consistency is way too thick and it dries instantly.

MemberMember
(@lelouch)

Posted : 08/26/2013 3:20 am

Oh?silicone?fillers?I havent heard of Dermaflage before,and are u meaning that the difference between boxscar and icepick depends on the depth of the scar in definition,right? Depth:"rolling<box<icepick" ?What about fraxel aiming at icepick and boxscar(i also have boxscar.....),THX!!!

How do you get it to work on ice picks? The consistency is way too thick and it dries instantly.

Hi,4meracneguy,I'm sorry i cant understand the latter sentence"The consistency is way too thick .........."Would u mind telling me more?

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/26/2013 5:54 am

there are videos and helpful info on their site - but you have to be ready and be quick, squeeze a tiny dab out and use the toothpick like tool quickly to dab in the spots (one at a time, or two or three if they are all close by) then put the textured pad up immeadiately and count down till it dries.

the first time or two it seems very hard, gets really easy after that

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 08/26/2013 6:13 am

I also bought Dermaflage and it works well for my small boxcar scarring but not so well on my deeper rolling scars. Could be just me and my technique (I haven't played around with it much yet) but I found that when I smiled the silicone gave me little wrinkles... which looked worse than my scarring.

To the OP - yes, ice-pick scars are considered harder to treat as they tend to be deeper than other scars. Dermaflage is a silicone make-up designed by a special effects make up artist. :) It has a thick consistency meaning it is not like your normal make-up. You literally mix a setting solution to the silicone solution in a palette and then you smooth it in your scars. You then press a special pad against your skin until the silicone sets. You need to work quickly because once you mix the setting solution to the silicone it dries very quickly (a window of less than 2 minutes). When it works it is amazing but there is much trial and error with it. Worth a shot though! :)

MemberMember
(@lelouch)

Posted : 09/06/2013 10:52 am

I also bought Dermaflage and it works well for my small boxcar scarring but not so well on my deeper rolling scars. Could be just me and my technique (I haven't played around with it much yet) but I found that when I smiled the silicone gave me little wrinkles... which looked worse than my scarring.

To the OP - yes, ice-pick scars are considered harder to treat as they tend to be deeper than other scars. Dermaflage is a silicone make-up designed by a special effects make up artist. smile.png It has a thick consistency meaning it is not like your normal make-up. You literally mix a setting solution to the silicone solution in a palette and then you smooth it in your scars. You then press a special pad against your skin until the silicone sets. You need to work quickly because once you mix the setting solution to the silicone it dries very quickly (a window of less than 2 minutes). When it works it is amazing but there is much trial and error with it. Worth a shot though! smile.png

why dont u try TCA?recently i hear about some cases of TCA treatment for scars especially icepicks,they looks amazing though its absolutedly safe,maybe TCA is the best way for ice now.....i will consider to try that when i'm free next year.....

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 09/07/2013 12:02 am

;) Yes I think TCA is a good option for ice-pick scarring. I don't have ice-pick scarring though so won't be looking at TCA myself.

MemberMember
(@lelouch)

Posted : 09/09/2013 6:50 am

wink.png Yes I think TCA is a good option for ice-pick scarring. I don't have ice-pick scarring though so won't be looking at TCA myself.

OK.and,do u think i should do TCA myself ai home?or be treated by doctors even if i choose TCA.....i feared a little about DIY.....

MemberMember
(@sam)

Posted : 09/10/2013 9:13 pm

Don't do tca cross on the nose bc it makes scarring worse.

Don't do tca cross on the nose bc it makes scarring worse.