Notifications
Clear all

Will Marks/scars Ever Go Away?

MemberMember
(@rolileisztner)

Posted : 08/21/2013 2:17 am

i created thread about cure but now iam asking maybe some older guys, WILL this fade????? i have them over a year and now iam afraid i will have them for rest of my life lol.... any guys who had same problem and jt eventually faded? iam considering laser treatment.

problem is, in front face, i have only marks after pimple but on sides every pimple leaves scar (small but there is a bit hole) like i have two faces lol;( i dont mind scars; colour is only what bothers me. i used some aha for three month nothing now i ordered aha+ from dan and i will give it a try.

but maybe its some internal problem? that i have this problem only on sides?

for a year i was taking it like man, dont worry about it and just use creams after year of no succes i fell in depression, iam oftem crying about it, i just had enoughpost-213863-0-96473600-1377069000_thumb.post-213863-0-36114900-1377069061_thumb.post-213863-0-36114900-1377069061_thumb.

post-213863-0-96473600-1377069000_thumb.

post-213863-0-36114900-1377069061_thumb.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/21/2013 7:40 am

I know it won't help you at all, but I would love to trade places! I'm sure many others on this site would too...take a look at the scar gallery and go through all of the pages to see what some of us have to deal with every day, much more then just color. But we each have to fight our own demons, I get that, and I do sympathize.

You are doing all the right things, patience, AHA I use twice a day, but my skin is tough...but build up slowly...or try some low % lactic acid peels, like a 20-30%, search these forums, others have had success- but follow the directions closely.

MemberMember
(@rolileisztner)

Posted : 08/23/2013 9:50 am

i would apprecita so much some any similiar case. every pimple, huge big infront of face left mark which dissapeaper in 3-5 montths. but on sides face I DO NOT REMEMBER ANY MARK WHICH FADE.... even small pimples leaves mark and they just wont go away ever. something strange is this..

MemberMember
(@gfxtt)

Posted : 08/25/2013 9:18 am

I feel the same .

I have kind of similar red marks since about 1 year and half as far i remember (21 years old), and they never seemed to go away to any of them..

Theses are localised on my cheeks and upper (temples i guess in english,) just like you but the difference is i sometimes (well pretty often actually) have some break out on my temples so i can't use scars treatments..

MemberMember
(@salinas)

Posted : 08/25/2013 11:38 am

Have you tried a retinoid cream?

MemberMember
(@heftymug)

Posted : 08/25/2013 12:14 pm

I'm on day 60 of my accutane course and I have maybe 1-2 actives but TONS of red marks, I read a lot about laser treatments on here specifically the "fraxel" one (i think that's what it was called). Is that only beneficial for actual scars or does it fix red marks as well?

MemberMember
(@rolileisztner)

Posted : 08/25/2013 12:17 pm

i havent tried retinoid iam afraid of breakout.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 08/25/2013 9:50 pm

Honestly, your marks are not that visible. I think they will fade on their own eventually, I have some similar ones. You can try to speed up the process by facials, gentle peels, and high frequency. That's what I'm trying at the moment because I don't want to do anything too harsh to my face - usually that leaves me with more active acne. I'm also trying out blue and red light therapy. The red light one might work for you too, it speeds up collagen turnover so that your skin's cells can regenerate faster. These are not "quick fix" therapies, but f you are consistent you will see results.

MemberMember
(@rolileisztner)

Posted : 08/26/2013 1:25 am

its because good light, trust me, they are visible. i will get some chemical peel/ipl in winter

MemberMember
(@salinas)

Posted : 08/26/2013 6:11 am

i havent tried retinoid iam afraid of breakout

a breakout would mean your skin is still clogged (and from what I can see in the photos I wouldn't be surprised). Although frustrating, you shouldn't be afraid of it, but welcome it, as if you want clear & smooth skin, your pores should be purged. Peelings are not going to purge your pores, I have tried this and it did't work.

In fact, I suspect peelings made the problem worse as the sebum clogging my pores hardened. Only retinoids have been proven to push out the stuff clogging your pores. I would give Differin a try.

MemberMember
(@rolileisztner)

Posted : 08/26/2013 6:34 am

but my pores cant be cleaned without inflamed pimples :(?

MemberMember
(@salinas)

Posted : 08/26/2013 6:58 am

but my pores cant be cleaned without inflamed pimples sad.png?

if you get inflamed pimples or not depends on your skin, and how much your pores are clogged. In my case differin did push a lot to the surface without pimples.

If I look at your photos, I am not sure if your '''holes'' or what you call marks are actually scars, to me they look more like clogged pores. Are you sure they are empty? What happens if you squeeze them?

Every ''hole'' I used to have turned out to be a clogged pore, sometimes clogged deeply under the surface, with hardened stuff that was very difficult to get out of the pore. Only after I managed to fully clear the pore, my skin could heal and became smooth and the ''hole'' disappeared. I must admit that it was not just Differin that did the job, I did squeeze my skin a lot (damaging it). But I do think that Differin will eventually purge the skin on it's own, but I didn't have the patience for it. What made the process especially slow in my case is that a lot of the sebum inside those pores had hardened over the years (and maybe all the drying topical treatments I tried) and got stuck deep inside the skin.

BTW: the color you mention is probably hyperpigmentation, retinoids do speed up the heeling of this too.

MemberMember
(@rolileisztner)

Posted : 08/26/2013 7:08 am

yes most of them is hyperpigmentaion, there lot of scars, they are pretty small but on lighting its just hole pigmented mark. and yes some clogged pores are there too.

would retin a 0.05 be better then differine for me? but thanks for tips!

MemberMember
(@salinas)

Posted : 08/26/2013 7:19 am

I have used both, Differin works much better for me (more pushing power, less irritating).