Notifications
Clear all

What Do You Do To Keep Your Mind Off Of Your Skin?

MemberMember
(@lynn8808)

Posted : 08/20/2013 8:00 pm

Hey! So I have been really depressed here lately, and I cant seem to think of anything but how bad my skin looks. However playing guitar really seems to get my mind off everything, this keeps me from picking or worrying about my skin. I was just curious to see what other people do to get their mind off of skin:)

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/20/2013 8:07 pm

Walking and hiking with the dog (they love us no matter what!), and hanging out with old true friends at home.

Need to keep and stay busy....no idle hands or mind for me!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 08/20/2013 8:29 pm

Staying busy definitely helps. Also I noticed that when I am not alone, when I am with other people in public, I pick at my skin less.

MemberMember
(@pretty-me)

Posted : 08/20/2013 9:35 pm

well reading or sleeping..or just keeping myself busy so that I'll stop thinking of the insults I get from people with PERFECT SKIN

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 08/20/2013 9:36 pm

Limiting 'mirror time' helps me. So does being out with friends. Sometimes it can be really hard to want to go out and see friends if you've been feeling bad about yourself / skin, but I try and make myself go and always end up having a good time and I don't think about my skin anywhere near as much as I would if I'd stayed at home alone. And I agree with staying busy - but not to the point where I get stressed. Being busy with uni studies is often good for me because my mind has to focus on things other than my skin, but if I get too busy with uni things and start getting stressed, then I end up picking at my skin and worrying about it. It's a balancing act I guess :P

Music helps too - I love just putting on some music that I like or comedy clips / videos of movie scenes I find funny or comedians I like. Just having a bit of a laugh really helps your mood lift - at least for a while :)

MemberMember
(@sorbet)

Posted : 08/20/2013 9:42 pm

When I'm home alone I like to put my music on really loud and dance around the house. That helps cheer.gif

MemberMember
(@sepphy)

Posted : 08/20/2013 10:01 pm

I like working out or playing basketball. Doing something physically strenuous takes my mind of the condition of my skin.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 08/21/2013 1:06 am

just studying, reading dancing or working helps me forget about my skin then.

also, watching something interesting or fun on tv helps.

MemberMember
(@jug)

Posted : 08/30/2013 9:49 am

Whether I'm extremely busy or bored, I just don't think about it. Everything is going to get better as tough as it may seem. I stopped worrying, picking, and looking in the mirror often. I can tell you it helped me a lot mentally.

MemberMember
(@patrick92)

Posted : 08/31/2013 11:57 pm

Music always helps get my mind off my skin and lift my mood. I find exercising is great too, as it gets you out and about and you feel great afterwards. Studying, reading, youtube and a favorite tv show gives me something else to think about as well. And definitely avoid looking in the mirror more than you have to, as I find that can instantly send my skin worrying into overdrive, especially if I see a possible new spot appearing.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 09/02/2013 5:18 pm

Reading, jamming to my i-pod and neing with friends and familiy. When i'm home, alone with nothing to do, i fixate on my skin. Mirrors are the devil incarnate.

MemberMember
(@faceandlms)

Posted : 09/02/2013 10:57 pm

I work on my marketing/web-based business! I'm happiest when I'm working. The only thing that holds me back from working is the nasty habit of looking at my reflection and taking cell phone self portraits.