Notifications
Clear all

Has Anyone Tried Red Light Led Therapy For Scars?

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 08/20/2013 7:28 pm

Hello!

I was wondering if any of you have tried red light therapy for superficial scarring. I did a treatment yesterday as part of a facial, along with blue light and high frequency, and today my skin looks more plump and my scars are barely noticeable under makeup. I tried portable red lights before, but this time the aesthetician had me lay under the red light for 15 minutes (it seemed very strong, I had to put goggles on), after 15 minutes under a blue light that covered my entire face.

Even the first time I tried it, for only a few minutes, I could notice a difference in my skin texture the next day. If done consistently, it can stimulate collagen production and reduce the appearance of surface scars. I will be doing consistent treatments every 3-4 weeks to see if there are long term benefits. I'm doing this because it's noninvasive, and I really want to avoid lasers or anything else that is riskier. It cost me $1 per minute basically. Not cheap, but I can probably afford it every month or so.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 08/20/2013 8:22 pm

The LEDMAN has a forum on Yahoo, but I can't locate it right now.

http://theledman.net/

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 08/20/2013 10:49 pm

Yeah, it needs persistence but I'll stick with it because I see results whenever I do it. I wouldn't do it at home though, too nervous!

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 08/21/2013 3:11 pm

ive used the red led lights before. one of the mistakes of my life. little did i know the light was making hair follicles on my cheeks and forhead! i now have hair growing from my cheeks where my scarring is and ive never had this before. i wish i can go bak in time and not use the led light at all

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 08/22/2013 10:41 pm

ive used the red led lights before. one of the mistakes of my life. little did i know the light was making hair follicles on my cheeks and forhead! i now have hair growing from my cheeks where my scarring is and ive never had this before. i wish i can go bak in time and not use the led light at all

Really? What red light did you use?

I used to get laser hair treatments and the laser triggered hair growth in places I never had it on my face, so now I'm worried that the red light might trigger more hair growth too. Do a lot of people experience this?

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 08/24/2013 2:51 am

I used to get laser hair treatments and the laser triggered hair growth in places I never had it on my face, so now I'm worried that the red light might trigger more hair growth too. Do a lot of people experience this?

i forgot which unit it was but its the one the led man is selling with the infa red and red light in one. only if i were to have known of the stupid hair growth it causes i waould of never used it. adding another problem on top of my acne scarring problem is SUPER dissapointing and heartbreaking. when i think about it i get anxiety :(

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 08/25/2013 10:01 pm

i forgot which unit it was but its the one the led man is selling with the infa red and red light in one. only if i were to have known of the stupid hair growth it causes i waould of never used it. adding another problem on top of my acne scarring problem is SUPER dissapointing and heartbreaking. when i think about it i get anxiety sad.png

I know! As if we don't have enough problems to worry about. wacko.png I had laser hair removal underneath my chin, and it triggered more hair in other places...so disappointing. Now I just bleach but I'm scared to use the bleaching cream on my face in case I get breakouts. Is it common to get more hair growth from LED lights? I know it's possible with lasers, but now I'm scared about LED too.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 08/26/2013 1:30 am

i forgot which unit it was but its the one the led man is selling with the infa red and red light in one. only if i were to have known of the stupid hair growth it causes i waould of never used it. adding another problem on top of my acne scarring problem is SUPER dissapointing and heartbreaking. when i think about it i get anxiety sad.png

I know! As if we don't have enough problems to worry about. wacko.png I had laser hair removal underneath my chin, and it triggered more hair in other places...so disappointing. Now I just bleach but I'm scared to use the bleaching cream on my face in case I get breakouts. Is it common to get more hair growth from LED lights? I know it's possible with lasers, but now I'm scared about LED too.

there very little who experenced it that i know of. if it happened to me it can very well happen to anyone. be careful i wanna raise awareness so other people dont make the same mistake i did

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 08/27/2013 8:30 pm

Here is the LED forum

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/LEDeffects/messages

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 08/29/2013 12:39 pm

I tried the red leds (the same dual thing from Ledman that no_hope used) on healing scars, 4-5 minutes per day for a few months. I can't really comment if it was effective, may or may not have been. My scars did start to look better, but that may have been just due to natural healing as they were new and hyperpigmented when I started. I think I may have noticed a little more hair growth as well, but not to the extent it would be make a difference cosmetically. Unless you're prone to get problematic hair growth, it most likely won't be an issue.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 08/29/2013 3:36 pm

I tried the red leds (the same dual thing from Ledman that no_hope used) on healing scars, 4-5 minutes per day for a few months. I can't really comment if it was effective, may or may not have been. My scars did start to look better, but that may have been just due to natural healing as they were new and hyperpigmented when I started. I think I may have noticed a little more hair growth as well, but not to the extent it would be make a difference cosmetically. Unless you're prone to get problematic hair growth, it most likely won't be an issue.

i wasnt prone to problem matic hair growth to being with. i guess i was just unluky

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 08/30/2013 12:14 am

i wasnt prone to problem matic hair growth to being with. i guess i was just unluky

Apparently, if you use the red light every day for more than a few days in a row it loses its effectiveness. I do it once every 2-4 weeks, for 15 minutes at a time because that's all I can afford at the moment. I too am prone to facial hair unfortunately, and laser hair removal made it so much worse because it triggered dormant hair follicles. Nohope, how often were you using the light?

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 08/30/2013 2:53 am

Apparently, if you use the red light every day for more than a few days in a row it loses its effectiveness. I do it once every 2-4 weeks, for 15 minutes at a time because that's all I can afford at the moment. I too am prone to facial hair unfortunately, and laser hair removal made it so much worse because it triggered dormant hair follicles. Nohope, how often were you using the light?

That's interesting. Where did you hear that? I think I could try 15 minutes every few weeks then, it's a lot easier to maintain as well. I've now stopped using leds because I couldn't be bothered with it anymore and because my scars aren't that new anymore.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 09/02/2013 9:20 pm

That's interesting. Where did you hear that? I think I could try 15 minutes every few weeks then, it's a lot easier to maintain as well. I've now stopped using leds because I couldn't be bothered with it anymore and because my scars aren't that new anymore.

My acupuncturist told me because I was thinking of purchasing a portable light to use at home, and she told me if I did end up buying one I should give my skin a break every few days to let it generate more collagen. I find that with anything, if it's used daily it can lose its effectiveness. Now I do it once every 2 weeks at a spa, and they use more powerful LED lights there. I think every 2 weeks is not often enough, though. If I could afford it, I would do it once a week, but now I'm just doing it once or twice a month. Also, I am a bit worried about facial hair growth that NoHope mentioned, so I will be keeping a close eye on any new facial hair because I usually am sensitive to strong lights. The aesthetician at the spa told me it shouldn't be an issue, but of course they wouldn't mention any side effects since they are trying to get customers.

MemberMember
(@intrepidjules)

Posted : 09/12/2013 4:37 am

I did 6 x LED Light sessions (the one that uses red, green, orange and blue led lights - was like a little disco in the clinic room) and I honestly can't say I noticed any difference in my scars at all.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 09/15/2013 12:33 am

I did 6 x LED Light sessions (the one that uses red, green, orange and blue led lights - was like a little disco in the clinic room) and I honestly can't say I noticed any difference in my scars at all.

How close to the light was your face? I lay directly under the blue light for 15 mins, and then another 15 mins under the red light, so it's pretty intense. Last time, the esthetician also tried out the LightTouch on my face, and I must say I noticed that my skin texture looked better afterwards. I usually see improvement in my skin for about 1-2 weeks after, so I must be doing something right. I also get high frequency after each facial - it really helps with several things (inflammation, infection, acne) and stimulates blood circulation to the face. I've been doing this for years, since I was a teenager, and it always helps.