Notifications
Clear all

Acne On Forehead And Face

MemberMember
(@thesis79)

Posted : 08/20/2013 6:26 pm

I have acne on my forehead and sides of face any suggestions? over the years I've tried a lot of different stuff. I've also just finished my cycle last week can it be cause by that? I've tried proactive, regular soap, Neutrogena blackhead scrub, Retina A from the doctor, vitamin E oil from vitamin caps any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

MemberMember
(@realme2008)

Posted : 08/20/2013 9:21 pm

Have you given the acne.org regimen a try?

MemberMember
(@thesis79)

Posted : 09/01/2013 2:22 am

No what is it?

MemberMember
(@zach-zach)

Posted : 09/01/2013 10:35 am

No what is it?

http://www.acne.org/regimen

Thesis79, you probably found that Proactive is a waste of money as do many people. Their marketing campaign is top notch though. Regular soap rarely will help acne sufferers too. It sounds like many of the methods you have tried have involved topical treatment (other than Vitamin E, which I have found does very little against acne). Look into the regimen and then think about oral treatments (pill form) like antibiotics coupled with ibuprofen. And remember to stick with whatever treatment regimen you choose for an extended period. 3 months is usually best to determine effects/lack thereof. Best wishes!

MemberMember
(@thesis79)

Posted : 09/02/2013 4:20 am

Yes I have trued a lot of different stuff and it's brutal keeping acne away. I have trouble with my forehead area like the T zone is my major problem and that my skin tends to get oily at work a lot mainly why is that?

MemberMember
(@zach-zach)

Posted : 09/02/2013 6:35 pm

Hey Thesis, I feel ya! It's tough keeping it away for a long period so just take what you can get... there's always room for improvement. As far as oily skin at work, do you get stressed out while there more so than usual? That could lead to increased androgen hormone output. Do you work outside?

MemberMember
(@thesis79)

Posted : 09/08/2013 6:47 pm

To Zach Zach I don't work outside. I work in retail so yea we're stressed at work. And I do tend to get oilier skin at work.

MemberMember
(@thesis79)

Posted : 09/14/2013 10:54 pm

So NOW recently I've noticed breakouts along the jaw line and forehead, and sides of my face as well as on my cheeks at various times. Like last week I had my cycle so I know I get one or two during that. But this time along the jawline is bad and a few small ones on the chin and forehead is still pretty bad and sides of temple area. BUT I also was thinking what about my dairy consumption? I'm 5ft around 95 pounds and I don't drink milk but, I use milk (skim milk) in my coffee and I eat one sometimes two activia yogurt's a day (usually one tho) and a small piece of cheese a day. so I can get in calcium Can that be doing it too? What can I do to see if it's that? and I'm 34 does that matter?

MemberMember
(@zach-zach)

Posted : 09/15/2013 9:47 am

Thesis, I used to work retail and I know your pain! It can be stressful at times... definitely depends on your co-workers too. I had the good fortune of being able to work with hilarious people... laughter is the best stress reliever! But, it doesn't help that I was stressed helping people with acne on my face... makes for a very un-fun job.

But, other than that, I think your dairy consumption is fine. Really that's not much dairy at all... about 1/5 of what I usually eat every day lol. If you seriously think dairy is a culprit, just cut as much of it out of your diet as you can for a month or so and see what happens. Honestly, it could really be anything you eat, the type of fabric softener you use, the clothes you wear, what you put on your face, etc. that could cause new outbreaks at this point.

MemberMember
(@thesis79)

Posted : 09/15/2013 8:54 pm

True Zach it's just frustrating people look at me and say I have nice skin but I know I don't to me it looks blotchy, and spotted you know. Ive tried cutting out cheese for a while to see what happens, even tho I LOVE cheese.

MemberMember
(@zach-zach)

Posted : 09/16/2013 9:55 am

Oh yeah! If someone doesn't like/love cheese, then that someone is insane.

But keep trying! Failing isn't something to be ashamed of... quitting is.

MemberMember
(@thesis79)

Posted : 09/16/2013 9:35 pm

I also use the creams the dermatologist gave me and one is a BP and I use it probably not as much as I should. It's made my face kind of itchy in some parts