Notifications
Clear all

Moisturizer With Accutane?

MemberMember
(@superyew)

Posted : 08/20/2013 4:00 pm

Starting my second month of accutane (Two 40mg/s pills a day), my face is getting reeeeeally dry, I ordered this soap called "the essential bar by buzzys essentials." You can google the soap, I was recomended to it from this community. Its all natural and does all this good stuff for your face blah blah. I emailed the creator of the soap and he claims that it should moisturize your face. But ever since using it my face has gotten so dry that there are white patches of like dead skin on my face, like flaky white dots on my face, my face is also real itchy and red, im sure thats because my skin is really dry?

If the answer to my above question is yes, what type of moisturizer should I use? See alot of things that moisturizers do nothing but damage to skin, help would be nice.

MemberMember
(@austinakaking)

Posted : 08/20/2013 4:05 pm

Hello, here is what i recommend with Accutane.

Cleanser: Water or Cetaphil or Dove

Moisturizer: Olay oil free

Technically, using any kind of cleanser with accutane except water will make your face really dry because you are stripping the little oil you produced, thus meaning, drying out, you could use vitamin e oil on skin at night, maybe that will help

MemberMember
(@superyew)

Posted : 08/20/2013 4:29 pm

Hello, here is what i recommend with Accutane.

Cleanser: Water or Cetaphil or Dove

Moisturizer: Olay oil free

Technically, using any kind of cleanser with accutane except water will make your face really dry because you are stripping the little oil you produced, thus meaning, drying out, you could use vitamin e oil on skin at night, maybe that will help

Everytime I go a day without using a cleanser it seems I break out or my face gets real itchy and just drives me crazy so thats why I use it, arent you suppose to still cleanse even on accutane?

MemberMember
(@acne2000)

Posted : 08/20/2013 4:31 pm

For washing I use Eucerin Redness Relief Soothing Cleanser and for moisturizing I use Eurcerin Redness Relief Daily Perfecting Lotion. The cleanser is super mild and effective. I've learned to never scrub my skin when on Accutane, instead I use a dab of the cleanser and just use my hands to wash my face. Only very rarely, to remove dead skin, I will ever so gently wash my face with the cleanser, lots of water, and a wet wash cloth. Gently, no scrubbing. I pat my face dry, no rubbing, then apply the Eurcerin Redness Relief Lotion. It provides SPF15 protection and helps minimize redness. It I'm going to be out in the sun I use Neutrogena Utlra Dry Feel SPF55 lotion on my face. For my lips I use Burts Bees lip balm. It seems to last longer than Chap Stick. This routine has really worked well for me, but everyone is different. You might have to try a variety of things. No matter what you do, avoid sun exposure without sunblock and don't scrub your face. Sun and scrubbing will only make things worse. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@austinakaking)

Posted : 08/20/2013 4:50 pm

you can but your already fairly dry so why do it, you need to reduce irratation as much as possible so use water or baby wash

MemberMember
(@hasmas)

Posted : 08/20/2013 5:03 pm

The brand A-Derma has alot of good stuff for irritaded fragile and dry skin check it out biggrin.png

MemberMember
(@superyew)

Posted : 08/20/2013 6:59 pm

I think for now until I go online or the store to get some new stuff ill just stick to washing every other day with the cleanser?

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/20/2013 11:35 pm

CeraVe has a great moisturizer that I used while on accutane. It's in a white tub called CeraVe moisturizing cream. Make sure if ou get it to use the cream not the lotion. The cream is light and nice and thick and rich and creamy and it doesn't wonderful stuff for our skin. Check it out. I also recommend their face wash the foaming facial cleanser.