Notifications
Clear all

Peter Thomas Roth Aha

MemberMember
(@amethystroses)

Posted : 08/20/2013 12:28 pm

Okay... So uhm, due to the hefty shipping fee imposed on purchase of acne.org products, I was wondering if anyone here who has tried Peter Thomas Roth (PTR) products which contain AHA (Such as the Glycolic Acid 10% Hydrating Gel and the AHA moisturizer etc) would be so kind to provide some feedback.

I'd love to try Dan's AHA but the shipping fee is ridiculous.... It saddens me so. So I was considering the PTR product line as an alternative but would love to hear some opinions first to compare.

Which one is better at completely clearing up red marks and bumps? How long do they last per tube/bottle?

Please...

I've heard Dan's AHA is a miracle worker for some but others not so, thus I'd really like to know if the international shipping fee is worth the pay..... If it works, then it's a great investment and I don't mind but... not everyone's budget allows them to fork out such a huge amount just for the shipment. *cries*

Please?

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/20/2013 12:52 pm

any 10% AHA would be fine, I use alpha hydrox enhanced lotion, 10%, white bottle red cap

but I'm sure the Peter Thomas Roth would be fine, it's higher quality product

MemberMember
(@amethystroses)

Posted : 08/21/2013 11:50 am

any 10% AHA would be fine, I use alpha hydrox enhanced lotion, 10%, white bottle red cap

but I'm sure the Peter Thomas Roth would be fine, it's higher quality product

Soooo the AHA you're using is just as effective (as Dan's AHA) ? It takes a while for red marks to fade but the AHA's working right?

Thank you~!

I was worried because I've tried an application cream with ~10% AHA and ~5% Arbutin (diff form of Hydroquinone) but so far not much results... *cries*

Would a moisturizer AHA or lotion AHA be better? :o What's the difference?

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/21/2013 11:59 am

I've never tried Dan's because this is so easy for me to get at Ulta, with no shipping charges.

As to the moisturizer or lotion, my skin is so tough and oily that I really can abuse it, so I rarely use moisturizer...I use the enhanced lotion from alpha hydrox

The results are not dramatic, but slowly over a couple of months they fade - this is the gentle way to go vs stronger peels, like lactic acid which you could try

It all depends on your skin, you may need more moisture

MemberMember
(@amethystroses)

Posted : 08/25/2013 12:15 pm

I've never tried Dan's because this is so easy for me to get at Ulta, with no shipping charges.

As to the moisturizer or lotion, my skin is so tough and oily that I really can abuse it, so I rarely use moisturizer...I use the enhanced lotion from alpha hydrox

The results are not dramatic, but slowly over a couple of months they fade - this is the gentle way to go vs stronger peels, like lactic acid which you could try

It all depends on your skin, you may need more moisture

Lotions are just thicker than moisturisers right? So... it depends on how well the skin absorbs the product?

But I've heard of people claiming that with AHA, results can be seen within 3 weeks???? :'O Slight improvement, that is...

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/25/2013 4:25 pm

what I use says enhanced lotion, which feels a bit thicker than a moisturizer- but AHA absorbs very quickly, doesn't leave your skin sticky either

some people get results quickly, others don't - barring an allergic reaction (in which case, STOP) you should see results in that time zone, definitely within 5 weeks if it's going to work for you

good luck!

MemberMember
(@amethystroses)

Posted : 08/31/2013 12:53 pm

what I use says enhanced lotion, which feels a bit thicker than a moisturizer- but AHA absorbs very quickly, doesn't leave your skin sticky either

some people get results quickly, others don't - barring an allergic reaction (in which case, STOP) you should see results in that time zone, definitely within 5 weeks if it's going to work for you

good luck!

Is it necessary for the skin to have visible peeling/ slight rough texture to be sure that the AHA is working or it could be neither stinging nor peeling yet still works?

Thanks a lot! You've been such a dear.

Uhm, wondering if AHA can be used to lighten skin patches slightly darkened by contact allergy on the face area though? Is it okay?

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/31/2013 1:02 pm

I never had peeling, stinging in the beginning yes, but never redness and peeling.

As it relates to lightening skin patches from contact allergy, I really don't know - I just use it for PIH and active acne, it really keeps my pores clear. But try a bit on one patch and see how your skin tolerates it.

MemberMember
(@bja87)

Posted : 08/31/2013 1:12 pm

I have used the Peter Thomas Roth in the past before starting the regimen and didn't find it that great I just bought the acne.org aha+ to start using in a few weeks once I'm further along I'm hoping that it works a little bit better. Eventually when my skin is used to the whole regimen including that acne.orh aha I plan on using the rest of my Peter Thomas Roth to get rid of it since it wasn't cheap. If I find the results of the aha and the Peter Thomas Roth to be similar I will switch back to Peter Thomas Roth bacause it is expensive but the acne.org is much more expensive once you factor in the shipping! If the acne.org aha gives me good results I will be happy to pay the insanely high shipping prices!! Only time will tell I guess!

MemberMember
(@amethystroses)

Posted : 09/02/2013 12:15 pm

I never had peeling, stinging in the beginning yes, but never redness and peeling.

As it relates to lightening skin patches from contact allergy, I really don't know - I just use it for PIH and active acne, it really keeps my pores clear. But try a bit on one patch and see how your skin tolerates it.

Okay. Thanks. Will do just that. Guess I have to be a little more patient... >_< Guess I need some sunscreen if I want to help the healing process?

I have used the Peter Thomas Roth in the past before starting the regimen and didn't find it that great I just bought the acne.org aha+ to start using in a few weeks once I'm further along I'm hoping that it works a little bit better. Eventually when my skin is used to the whole regimen including that acne.orh aha I plan on using the rest of my Peter Thomas Roth to get rid of it since it wasn't cheap. If I find the results of the aha and the Peter Thomas Roth to be similar I will switch back to Peter Thomas Roth bacause it is expensive but the acne.org is much more expensive once you factor in the shipping! If the acne.org aha gives me good results I will be happy to pay the insanely high shipping prices!! Only time will tell I guess!

Were you still having active acne before you started the regimen and used the PTR product? Oh gosh, please please please do update me on your results with the acne.org AHA. It's due to the hefty shipping fee that I opted for PTR instead. So PLEASE tell me how effective the AHA+ is so that I can consider ordering it too if it works much more effectively >_< Thank you so much!

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 09/02/2013 2:02 pm

sunscreen is always a good idea...I do like the sun and find a little actually helps my skin...but I dab sunscreen on the dark spots first!

MemberMember
(@bja87)

Posted : 09/03/2013 11:31 am

Okay. Thanks. Will do just that. Guess I have to be a little more patient... >_< Guess I need some sunscreen if I want to help the healing process?

Were you still having active acne before you started the regimen and used the PTR product? Oh gosh, please please please do update me on your results with the acne.org AHA. It's due to the hefty shipping fee that I opted for PTR instead. So PLEASE tell me how effective the AHA+ is so that I can consider ordering it too if it works much more effectively >_< Thank you so much!

I haven't started the acne.org aha+ yet I'm still letting my face become used to the regimen and the bp I will definitely let you know how it goes when I start it. I am hoping that it is better the the PTR as that didn't do much for me although I didn't use if for too long

MemberMember
(@amethystroses)

Posted : 09/11/2013 12:48 pm

Okay. Thanks. Will do just that. Guess I have to be a little more patient... oompf.gif Guess I need some sunscreen if I want to help the healing process?

ockquote> Were you still having active acne before you started the regimen and used the PTR product? Oh gosh, please please please do update me on your results with the acne.org AHA. It's due to the hefty shipping fee that I opted for PTR instead. So PLEASE tell me how effective the AHA+ is so that I can consider ordering it too if it works much more effectively oompf.gif Thank you somuch!

I haven't started the acne.org aha+ yet I'm still letting my face become used to the regimen and the bp I will definitely let you know how it goes when I start it. I am hoping that it is better the the PTR as that didn't do much for me although I didn't use if for too long

Oh please do do do update me on how it goes with the AHA+. I would highly appreciate it. Please do compare PTR to it. Please keep us all updated. Red marks can be so persistent =(