Notifications
Clear all

Moisturizer Ideas

MemberMember
(@rheks)

Posted : 08/20/2013 9:35 am

still looking for a good moisturizer, one that is hydrating enough, doesn't clog pores and good for using under makeup. cheers, also keep in mind i am from the uk, so suggestions that are uk based tah.

not jojoba oil, made me break out.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 08/20/2013 9:48 am

can u get stuff off the internet?

MemberMember
(@rheks)

Posted : 08/20/2013 9:50 am

well yeah, but prefer not

MemberMember
(@jug)

Posted : 08/20/2013 2:40 pm

Hemp Oil.

MemberMember
(@rheks)

Posted : 08/22/2013 7:30 am

not oil, a moisturizer :s

MemberMember
(@rheks)

Posted : 08/26/2013 7:01 am

help

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 08/26/2013 2:50 pm

Jojoba oil smile.png I know it says oil but it's actually a waxy ester smile.png It doesn't clog pores and has an anti-inflammatory effect on the skin. You only need a couple of drops to cover your entire face, and it's (structurally speaking) extremely close to sebum. It reduces the irritation from acne treatments and absorbs quickly and well so it goes great underneath make up. It's the only moisturiser I've used that hasn't broken me out more.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 08/27/2013 1:16 am

Jojoba oil smile.png I know it says oil but it's actually a waxy ester smile.png It doesn't clog pores and has an anti-inflammatory effect on the skin. You only need a couple of drops to cover your entire face, and it's (structurally speaking) extremely close to sebum. It reduces the irritation from acne treatments and absorbs quickly and well so it goes great underneath make up. It's the only moisturiser I've used that hasn't broken me out more.

agreed.

check out acne.org jojoba oil.

i've heard it's great!

MemberMember
(@rheks)

Posted : 08/29/2013 9:13 am

Guys. I said clearly on my original post not jojoba oil. I tried it and it made me break out really bad in cystic acne.

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 08/29/2013 9:33 am

Personally my skin loves Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion which you can buy in the pharmacy section of Boots stores. :)

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 08/29/2013 12:54 pm

elovera

&

dermadew aloe gel(it's got paraben though! which is non-comedogenic but it's paraben after all)

MemberMember
(@diamondlife)

Posted : 08/29/2013 1:23 pm

cerave cream

cetaphil lotion

aloe lotion

MemberMember
(@ambra)

Posted : 08/29/2013 6:34 pm

I always used Green Tea Moisturizer from Proactiv or anything light with Green Tea, and always worked to hydrate without causing more pimples and works really well under makeup.

MemberMember
(@okaythen)

Posted : 08/29/2013 6:50 pm

Lol, what's up with all the jojoba oil suggestions?

Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel doesn't break me out.

MemberMember
(@azhuresnow)

Posted : 08/29/2013 8:32 pm

I did a blend of 2 oz rose hip seed oil, 30 drops lavender essential oil, and 30 drops rosemary oil. It's incredibly gentle and it smells lovely. The rose hip seed oil has a high concentration of vitamin A, which is the active ingredient in retinoids. This is a much gentler version of the same benefit of faster cell turnover. Rose hip seed oil works wonders on scars as well.

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 09/02/2013 8:01 am

Guys. I said clearly on my original post not jojoba oil. I tried it and it made me break out really bad in cystic acne.

Actually, you didn't when we posted, you changed it afterwards. Nice to see people being grateful for those that try to help them though.

MemberMember
(@stephzoars)

Posted : 09/02/2013 5:51 pm

Personally my skin loves Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion which you can buy in the pharmacy section of Boots stores. smile.png

And how!

I hated their cleanser and steered clear from them for a while but found that it's the only lotion that doesn't break my face or body out. It's wonderful. :3

MemberMember
(@rheks)

Posted : 09/03/2013 3:01 pm

Actually, you didn't when we posted, you changed it afterwards. Nice to see people being grateful for those that try to help them though.

yeah i was mistaken, I said it in another topic about moisturizers. my bad. but yeah. sorry jojoba just didn't work for me.

its nice to hear people had luck with cetaphil, I had really bad luck with them.

unfortunately most of the suggestions made here I can't seem to find them. I may look into that proactiv green tea one.

As of now, I am using eurcerin range. been quite nice so far, but my skin is still dry.. maybe from my foundation.

MemberMember
(@rheks)

Posted : 09/19/2013 4:54 am

Personally my skin loves Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion which you can buy in the pharmacy section of Boots stores. smile.png

And how!

I hated their cleanser and steered clear from them for a while but found that it's the only lotion that doesn't break my face or body out. It's wonderful. :3

they have SLS in it, which is 5 rated comdegenic

MemberMember
(@stephzoars)

Posted : 09/19/2013 5:02 pm

And how!

they have SLS in it, which is 5 rated comdegenic

Their moisturizer doesn't have SLS in it.. that's a cleaning agent and would be found in a cleanser.

MemberMember
(@tim714)

Posted : 09/19/2013 5:25 pm

I found CeraVe to be a lot better than Cetaphil even though Cetaphil never broke me out.