Help!

MemberMember
(@enzoferrari)

Posted : 08/20/2013 1:11 am

is there anything i can do to get rid of these pimples fast? i start school in a week-a new school- and i want to make a good impression upon new friends. i have tried toothepaste mask, retin-a micro, clearsil, and i have even had to turn to hydrogen peroxide and alcohol pads for help but no dice. i need advice. they just dont go away and they keep coming back

post-216166-0-57327100-1376979070_thumb.

post-216166-0-57327100-1376979070_thumb.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 08/20/2013 1:16 am

I've moved your post to general acne discussion forum where I'm sure you will receive helpful advice. Good luck at your new school! :)

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 08/20/2013 1:23 am

enzoferrari: have you seen a Dermatologist (skin doctor)?

It appears that you have moderate/severe acne that could potentially leave scarring on your skin/face if left untreated.

If topical treatments have failed, you might have to try an oral medication such as antibiotics or even Accutane provided by a Dermatologist. While these treatments generally take a few months to produce results, they can be very effective.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/131/Supplement_3/S163.full.pdf

Good luck

MemberMember
(@enzoferrari)

Posted : 08/20/2013 2:18 am

well i drink a lot of soda. and to tell you the truth, not very many fruits and veggies. i just need something that will help clear it fast without having to pay to visit a doctor. i live in texas and it is very humid, does the humidity have an impact on my face? also i exercise a lot, does the sweat make it oily and make it break out? if i stop drinking soda, will this also help clear it? and ive also heard aloe vera gel is helpful to put on before sleep.

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 08/20/2013 2:39 am

well i drink a lot of soda. and to tell you the truth, not very many fruits and veggies. i just need something that will help clear it fast without having to pay to visit a doctor. i live in texas and it is very humid, does the humidity have an impact on my face? also i exercise a lot, does the sweat make it oily and make it break out? if i stop drinking soda, will this also help clear it? and ive also heard aloe vera gel is helpful to put on before sleep.

Unfortunately, there is nothing (short of a miracle) that will clear you completely in 1 week. Acne is a difficult condition to treat and some experts consider it to be a chronic disease. There is no universal cure for acne. Even among patients who use Accutane, 20% end up using it again.

Most/all treatments for acne take at least 3-4 months to produce improvement in acne.

Exercise and humidity are unlikely to be affecting your acne. Too much sugar in your diet might be worsening your acne, so you could try cutting back on sugars before seeing a Dermatologist.

Best of luck

MemberMember
(@enzoferrari)

Posted : 08/20/2013 2:42 am

is there any natural ways to heal it within a month or two.

MemberMember
(@hasmas)

Posted : 08/20/2013 7:18 am

Accutane or Oral Antibiotics with 2topicals one in the morning and 1 in the night. I prefer Tetracycline as Oral Antibiotic Differin in the morning and Duac in the night. If you have been on Oral Antibiotics dont take it again go search for Accutane right away becuase the longer you have acne the longer your acne scars will take time to fade and the bigger the chance is to get scars my dear friend so be aggressive in your treatment and be fast.

MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 08/20/2013 11:51 am

There are no natural remedies that will clear/heal your acne in a month or two, but there are many organic methods you can try to aid in the process. First and foremost, you should probably see a dermatologist and start a treatment regimen with them. They will prescribe probably a combination of any of the following: antibiotics, topical antibiotics, retinol/retinoid, Accutane, BHA, etc. Things that you can do in conjunction with these treatments are develop a strict hygiene regimen, start a supplement/vitamin regimen, start exercising more, and change your diet.

Hygiene:

Change your bedding at least twice a week.

Shower at least every other day, make sure you keep your hair clean.

Obviously, keep your face clean. Don't touch your face.

Don't be a messy eater.

Be gentle with your skin. Using alcohol and scrubbing your face can only irritate your acne, not make it better.

Supplements/Vitamins:

Balancing hormones can help with acne. You can help balance your hormones by taking the following: Zinc, Magnesium, Vitamin D, Probiotics, and Selenium.

For your general health you should take: MultiVitamin, Vitamin C (can't overdose on Vitamin C!)

Going out in the sun can also benefit your skin as well as supply you with Vitamin D

Exercise:

Get at least 30 minutes of exercise/day! Preferably aerobic vs weight lifting.

Wash your face right after to ensure that sweat won't clog your pores. Better yet, carry a towel with you and intermittently wipe your face as well.

Diet:

Cut down on your sugar intake! Sugar can fuel your hormones, knock them out of whack, and cause acne

Try cutting dairy out. Many people find that dairy is one of the main contributors to their acne.

Eat lots of Vitamin A fruits and veggies. Vitamin A is essential to balancing hormones. (Do not take a synthetic Vitamin A supplement though, it's easy to OD)

Try lowering your gluten intake. (Gluten causes inflammation. Less gluten= less inflammation=less inflammatory acne)

Eat healthy balanced meals. Preferably 6 small meals/day to keep your metabolism going,

I know that's a lot to think about, but if you start with one thing and keep adding more healthy choices into your life, you may start to see your acne getting gradually better. Of course, these are things to help you along. The first step is going to a dermatologist and getting some sort of regimen started!

Good Luck! Hope this helped!

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 08/20/2013 6:37 pm

^^ That's great advice. Try to balance your diet to prevent new acne from forming. Every time you work out/ sweat, use a clean towel or a gentle makeup removing wipe (those can be for cleansing too - avoid the "soapy" ones with sodium laureth sulfate) to wipe off the dirt. And wash your face twice a day. From the looks of it, your skin looks irritated from the harsh topicals you are using. I suggest you stop them immediately. If you attack your skin with harsh topicals, it will fight back! You need to balance the PH of your skin. Browse the forum on old posts on how to balance your PH so that it's not too acidic or too alkaline. You are basically damaging the outer layers of your skin, and your skin cannot heal itself. If you keep putting harsh things on your skin you are not letting it repair naturally. Read this thread for example: Any time you use a harsh topical, you need to balance it with something gentle to restore the PH. Harsh water can also play a role. If you have a filter at home or in your shower, use that water instead of regular tap water. In some areas, they put chlorine and fluoride in the water, which can cause skin irritations. Look up your city's water and you'll see exactly what they put in it and how clean it is.

And most importantly, SMILE when you meet new people! A friendly face is the most important thing when you are meeting new people. teehee.gif I see people with clear skin who are moody and that ruins their whole face.

MemberMember
(@lindsey4546)

Posted : 08/20/2013 9:06 pm

Hey Enzo! If you want some results in a week's time, then you need to start on "the regimen" as it is spelled out on this website. You need a gentle cleanser, a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide lotion, and a gentle moisturizer. I use Johnson and Johnson head to toe baby wash as a facial cleanser (recommended by dermatologist). It is cost effective ($5) and gentle. I use neutrogena on-the-spot acne treatment (little white and orange tube, $6). This contains the 2.5% benzoyl peroxide. I use CETAPHIL moisturizing lotion, around $7-8, as my gentle moisturizer.

Go in the morning and get these products (all can be found at walmart) and get started asap.

Follow these instructions for ur morning and night routine:

Wet face gently with warm water.

Pump cleanser in ur hand and work up lather

Wash ur face without applying pressure.

Rinse and pat dry face.

Wait 5 minutes until ur face is completely dry (this is a crucial step to allow benzoyl peroxide to penetrate)

Apply ur neutrogena on the spot treatment liberally (make sure ur covering whole face and not using too little)

Wait 15 minutes (crucial step to allow BP to absorb)

Apply moisturizer liberally with gentle strokes.

Try not to touch your face.

Your face will be dry. This is normal. Keep Chapstick handy.

This is the best way that most ppl see results (and the quickest)

This website sells a larger benzoyl peroxide treatment lotion if you find this routine works for you.

If it doesn't, I would HIGHLY consider accutane.

Good luck!

If you have any questions, I'm here!

MemberMember
(@lindsey4546)

Posted : 08/27/2013 9:50 pm

Hey Enzo... I was just checking in on you to see what acne treatment method you have chosen and has it helped this past week? I hope you enjoy your new school and meet plenty of new friends. I know it's tough getting acclimated to a new school so I'll keep you in my prayers!