Notifications
Clear all

Acne Flareup Out Of Nowhere?

MemberMember
(@lindsay116)

Posted : 08/19/2013 11:48 pm

I'm new to this website and I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

I have never had really bad acne, but I got small painful breakouts all over the place, mostly during my menstrual cycle.

A year ago, I went on birth control and it worked wonders on my skin. A month ago I was on antibiotics for an infection and besides my body going crazy, so did my face. I turned into a pizza. Now, I have no idea if this is the culprit of the outbreak, but I can't possibly think of any other reason. I didn't have any dietary changes or anything of the sort. A few weeks ago I decided to stop wearing makeup and using drugstore face products and pursue a natural organic skin care routine. I have been trying different products to see what works for my skin, but I'm not sure if it's affecting my face or not. It's hard to tell what works when my acne won't go away. Another thing, is that I am severely lactose intolerant, but still consume a considerable amount of milk products because well, I can't break it. (Yell at me all you want, I already know the consequences of my actions.) I'm thinking of cutting out dairy to see if that could be the cause. I'm not sure though, I'm quite stuck. If anyone has had any similar issues, has had the same thing on BC or can offer any advice, it would be much appreciated. Also, I'm leaving for school soon and am not able to see a doctor, so hold off on such advice. Thanks.

MemberMember
(@hasmas)

Posted : 08/20/2013 7:20 am

What Antibiotics did you go on? might be Initibal Breakout from the Anitibotcs you went on hmm?