Oil Is Sucking My M...

Notifications
Clear all

Oil Is Sucking My Make Up

MemberMember
(@pretty-me)

Posted : 08/19/2013 10:20 pm

I don't know if my oiliness is severe but every time I put make after an hour its gone it like my face is sucking all my make up....and the oil is coming out of my face.But sometimes I'm not that oily I just can't put make up...grrrrrrrrrr oily+acne+scars=prettiness err I mean ugliness

MemberMember
(@gracefaceee)

Posted : 08/21/2013 3:22 pm

have you tried any primers?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 08/22/2013 3:24 am

Maybe you need better makeup? Or use makeup setting sprays or primers? Set your makeup with powder? It could be a whole lot of reasons on why your makeup doesnt stay.

MemberMember
(@hollis)

Posted : 09/03/2013 7:36 am

Like you, I have suffered from oily, oily skin for decades. A couple of thoughts: You can search for good primers on the beautipedia web site. Among the best: OC8, Clear and Clean Advantage oil absorbing treatment, and Neutrogena Shine Control. Note that spending more doesn't necessarily mean you are getting more; these three products are very affordable. Also, don't make the mistake of thinking you can scrub or "beat" your oily skin into submission; over-treating it may only make it worse by causing the skin to produce MORE oil. I've learned that oil-free toners get the skin ready for makeup without aggravating it and stimulating more sebum production. Finally, you may find that you are less prone to wrinkles. That's not the oil speaking, it's the sunscreen! The oil only keeps your skin from getting dry; it doesn't prevent wrinkles. You need to be vigilant about sun protection, and a number of lines make affective sunscreens and SPF foundations for oily skin. (Use beautipedia to track them down.) Good luck!

MemberMember
(@maria236)

Posted : 05/22/2014 1:07 pm

I would try different makeup and see how that works for you!

MemberMember
(@jennns)

Posted : 05/23/2014 7:23 pm

Try cleansing your face with an astringent cleanser first then put a primer for oily skin. Try getting matte finish foundations and for sure set it with a setting powder and a setting spray. You will definitely need to touch up your powder during the day in your Tzone but that's only normal if you have oily skin. Prepping the skin is most important in steps to applying makeup.

Hope this helps :)