Notifications
Clear all

If It's Not One Things, It's The Other!

MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 08/19/2013 9:09 pm

The title really says it all...

Since my acne has been improving, although I believe I still have a long way to go, I have started noticing my scars and overall complexion. All my scars are from picking my skin. If I would have left the zits well enough alone, i would never even have to deal with scarring. Anyways, my dark marks and red marks are going to drive me insane. Even with make-up on, I still think my skin tone looks so even and that you can actually see the dark marks through the concealer, foundation, and powder. I don't know if it's because I hone in on my problem areas when I look in the mirror, or what. Either way, it's just another thing to worry about. My acne isn't even completely gone and I am already completely stressing about the scarring. WHY??

Oh, and this is just fantastic. Since, I started this whole healthy eating regimen (a few months back), I have lost a ton of weight. Which is not good. Everyone keeps pointing it out, which is making me more aware of my physique and focused upon the number on the scale. I wouldn't say I want to lose even more weight, but I'm terrified of gaining weight...again. I was getting to the point where I could deal with my maintenance weight and tolerate fluctuations, but now I'm dead set on a number. And this all leads back to my acne. It's amazing how one problem triggers another, which triggers another, which triggers another, etc.

Anyways, I'm sorry for all the ranting. I'm kind of at my wits end. I'm sure some of you out there understand and I would love to hear about how you're handling this horrific cycle. I sometimes feel like this is never going to end :(

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 08/20/2013 1:26 am

i try to eat a healthy balanced diet and it is not helping me much to gain weight.

which i really need to since i've been in a phase of eating lil' and imcomplete for a long time and ti believe that gave me so much weight lose.

but i am taking it slow and steady for my weight gain.

i eat complete meals,i have lots of protein in form of lentils(lots a day), fish, whole eggs(one or two a day).

i have rice for my meals because thats my place's staple and i am hoping that too would help me gain some weight.

i have swapped flatbread(home made whole wheat) with rice for dinner now.(i am going gluten free although i dnt think am gluten intolerant).

anyway,sorry for rambling.

am just trying to tell u dnt hasten much.take it slow and that should should be the key for u to maintain.

dont try to lose or gain weight fast.ever!

MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 08/20/2013 11:22 am

i try to eat a healthy balanced diet and it is not helping me much to gain weight.

which i really need to since i've been in a phase of eating lil' and imcomplete for a long time and ti believe that gave me so much weight lose.

but i am taking it slow and steady for my weight gain.

i eat complete meals,i have lots of protein in form of lentils(lots a day), fish, whole eggs(one or two a day).

i have rice for my meals because thats my place's staple and i am hoping that too would help me gain some weight.

i have swapped flatbread(home made whole wheat) with rice for dinner now.(i am going gluten free although i dnt think am gluten intolerant).

anyway,sorry for rambling.

am just trying to tell u dnt hasten much.take it slow and that should should be the key for u to maintain.

dont try to lose or gain weight fast.ever!

The sad part is I wasn't even trying to lose weight like I normally do. It just sort of happened without me playing a major part. Swapping out more condensed foods (normally unhealthy ones) for a piece of fruit, definitely diminishes my food intake. I think my meds take away my appetite as well, so that isn't helping maters much. I'm definitely over-thinking everything and not allowing myself to make changes to my regimen because I think it's working. It's like either I maintain my weight or clear my acne. It's driving me nuts!

I'm just so sick of worrying about my appearance. There's always something about myself that I highly dislike.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 08/20/2013 12:58 pm

you need to relax for even stress will not help you achieve clear skin or gain weight.

but i'd say you need to slowly & steadily get rid of the habit.

i know its difficult ,i've been there, done that.really!

i used to worry about almost every single aspect .primarily with the idea that people(or say certain someone or a group of people) will not accept me this way.

but trust me its not worth it.

well, am sure even you know that.

but the point is how to cure it.

i started prioritizing and it helped.

also, i weighed one who matters and doesn't care about how i look are anyway more important aint they.

& the ones who do, are they really worth it?

ask yourself.

that helps too!

plus, no one in their right mind would liked to be loved /cared 'just' for their looks.

there's more to us than just skin.

i freak out at times and break down.but i've noticed its always a point when more than one thing is stressing me like job or personal life.

so focus on rectifying other fields of ur life and see if that helps.

eat whole food and up the amount slowly to a steady level.and continue.

u will hopefully gain weight.

just take it easy and dont force it right now.

good luck rosalie.

MemberMember
(@cookiej)

Posted : 08/21/2013 2:59 pm

Oh, and this is just fantastic. Since, I started this whole healthy eating regimen (a few months back), I have lost a ton of weight. Which is not good. Everyone keeps pointing it out, which is making me more aware of my physique and focused upon the number on the scale. I wouldn't say I want to lose even more weight, but I'm terrified of gaining weight...again. I was getting to the point where I could deal with my maintenance weight and tolerate fluctuations, but now I'm dead set on a number. And this all leads back to my acne. It's amazing how one problem triggers another, which triggers another, which triggers another, etc.

Anyways, I'm sorry for all the ranting. I'm kind of at my wits end. I'm sure some of you out there understand and I would love to hear about how you're handling this horrific cycle. I sometimes feel like this is never going to end sad.png

Since cutting out gluten/wheat/dairy/soy, I've lost weight too (without wanting to). It's worried me slightly. I'm finding it hard to eat enough tbh

I don't really know how to help, though. 🙁 Just try not to focus on your weight, don't weigh yourself every day, and just eat as much as you want without being guilty about it (because there's no reason to be) 🙂

MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 08/21/2013 4:20 pm

Anyways, I'm sorry for all the ranting. I'm kind of at my wits end. I'm sure some of you out there understand and I would love to hear about how you're handling this horrific cycle. I sometimes feel like this is never going to end sad.png

Since cutting out gluten/wheat/dairy/soy, I've lost weight too (without wanting to). It's worried me slightly. I'm finding it hard to eat enough tbh

I don't really know how to help, though. sad.png Just try not to focus on your weight, don't weigh yourself every day, and just eat as much as you want without being guilty about it (because there's no reason to be) smile.png

Thanks for replying 🙂 It's hard for people to know how to help, but just having the support from everyone on here is helpful. It seems like I'm losing weight every week unintentionally... I just don't want my body to be unhealthy and risk the health of my skin. Otherwise, I wouldn't care. Which is kind of pathetic really. I don't weigh myself, I get weighed at a Dr. weekly unfortunately. It's really difficult to keep up calorically with the restrictions that my diet currently has 🙁 So, I totally relate to what you're going through,