Notifications
Clear all

Please Help Me!

MemberMember
(@brittany-renee)

Posted : 08/19/2013 9:00 pm

I have never had a skin problem until I recently entered into divorce proceedings with my soon to be ex husband. Clearly in a time of emotional anguish, stress has taken its toll on my face and my self esteem. I am struggling with multiple types of acne on my chin and forehead. They range from black heads to huge puss filled white heads, usually with one or more in a very close region, almost as if they are right on top of one another. I have tried at home remedies, organic treatments and harsh acne fighting medications but nothing seems to help. At first it bothered me and then while it was worse than I'd had my whole life, it became livable. Now, I'm in a state of despair. My skin has taken on a life of its own and nothing I can do to fix it seems to work. I can't even cover it anymore, there's noticeable bumps all over and my skin is beginning dry out and become flakey. If anyone knows how to help I'd give anything to be let in on the secret. I just want to rebuild my life and feel good about myself

Thank you for any tips. It means the world to me.

MemberMember
(@hasmas)

Posted : 08/19/2013 9:12 pm

A study was made and it showed that alot of women in their adultery develop acne around 50% or something not queit sure somewhere around that. Use Birthcontrol pills and Oral Antibiotic likeTetracycline Doxy etc and some topicals like Differin , BenzoylPeroxide or Epiduo. I hope soon enough this will go over. There are no studies that shows that stress actually "cuases" acne it only aggravate it , as you mention you never had acne, so stress is probably not the cuase of your acne. Try to take it easy so the stress doesnt aggrevate your acne. Se a doctor so he can prescribe you this stuff:)

Source Adult acne in females:

MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 08/19/2013 9:36 pm

Hey there... I'm sorry to hear you're in a rough patch of life right now. It sucks when it seems like you can't catch a break and on top of everything else our skin seems to always act up! You've been very fortunate to never have acne before this though! Like hasmas said, stress definitely contributes to aggravating acne, but normally isn't the root cause. Here are a couple questions to ask yourself:

Have you changed laundry detergents lately? Including fabric softener or dryer sheets?

Have you changed any face products? (i.e. cleansers, moisturizers, etc.)

Have you changed shampoos, conditioners, or hair products?

Have you started any new or increased exercising?

Have you changed your diet in any way?

Have you lost or gained weight significantly within the last few months?

Have you tried out any new make-up recently?

Have you been having problems with your cycle?

Are you over drying your face? (i.e. tanning, astringents, toners)

If you answered yes to any of those questions, try reversing the change. Wait a while and see if your face improves at all. If you answered, no (or if your face hasn't improved) then it is time to begin the journey to finding your own personal regimen. Which sounds much more pleasant than it actually is unfortunately. There are literally thousands of products out there, and every person's skin tolerates these products in different ways. If you do not want to start the miserable process of trial and error, it's a great idea to visit a dermatologist. Whatever products he/she gives you, will still be somewhat trial and error, but at least you're under the care of a professional who's there to help along the way.

Good luck! If you have any questions feel free to message me! :)

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 08/19/2013 10:23 pm

If stress is your issue then i can give you a couple tips- im no derm so i cant tell you what meds to take. Take a early morning run- jog... when its not to hot out. oh and not without an ipod or music- this is key because you are able to concentrate and fight through the workout. This gets your mind and energy working towards a workout and not on troubles you may have currently in your life. Well this is what i do. Get your mind off it. :) Good luck

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 08/20/2013 1:17 am

If stress is your issue then i can give you a couple tips- im no derm so i cant tell you what meds to take. Take a early morning run- jog... when its not to hot out. oh and not without an ipod or music- this is key because you are able to concentrate and fight through the workout. This gets your mind and energy working towards a workout and not on troubles you may have currently in your life. Well this is what i do. Get your mind off it. smile.png Good luck

i agree with voldy!

if you are aware that stress is one thing that triggered your acne then u gotta attack that.

meditate at least 10-15 minutes daily.

prefarbly before sleep or/& after a shower.

google stress releasing pranayamas.

or run or dance or fake box - its always different for different people!!

but with all these take care of ur diet - eat clean healthy diet that suits YOU and drink water(1 litre for 20 kg of ur body weight), take care of your vitamin A/B/C/D /zinc/selenium level.

u could try supplements if u need to or else have whole food that will give all these.

(go through the diet forum if u need help).

eat a balanced diet.its difficult to get "not so nicely" influenced by diet charts there.very easily.

u dnt have to live on apples and flax seeds.

eat balanced diet!

also,take care of ur sleep.(at least 7-8 hrs of good NIGHT sleep, since u are already stressed), and activity through the day.