Notifications
Clear all

Here's The Protocol That Healed My Acne Scars

MemberMember
(@crispycraters)

Posted : 08/19/2013 8:49 pm

*Edit : It looks like some people have had the same results I have had with just all the callogen, whey protein and Super Cop x2. The individual amino acids appear to not be necessary. Also, I continued this protocol for months after posting in an attempt to get rid of my very deepest scars and after many months of persistence they still remain. This does not seem to work for extremely deep scars.

Ok folks, I'm not selling anything and I'm not going to leave any links to specific sites or products, I'm just going to tell you how to do it and what to get and you can do whatever you'd like with that information. As someone who's suffered from acne scarring since I was 19 years old (I'm 34 now) I have no desire to mislead people because I was mislead countless times by remedies that did not work. I had several shallow scars and many DEEP ice-pick scars that looked extremely nasty especially under the horrible overhead lights which made my face look monstrous.

I've done laser resurfacing (not factal, but laser resurfacing where they burn off the top layers of skin), I've done heavy / multiple sessions of microdermabrasion with no results. I've done restylne injections and then finally did collagen injections which I was not happy with. I also consistently did derma rolling for two years straight with minimal to zero results.

here's what you'll need to do, this is the cure that worked for me, don't dare skimp out on one of these ingredients or modify the protocol to fit your own liking in any way or you could cheat yourself from the cure you've been looking for. I'm not a doctor and this is not medical advice here is what I did:

1. I did a Daily HIGH dose whey protein or pea protein or whatever you can digest easiest.
  2. I did a DailyHIGH DOSE BioCell Collagen (I bought the generic brand from Vitamin Shoppe) which has Hydrolyzed Collagen Type II. Personally I would take as much as you can afford.
  3. Find a supplement that has Collagen type 1 & 3 in it (I found one at vitamin shoppe) and I dosed high on it
  4. MSM Lotion of any brand (you can buy online or at grocery stores). Rub this into your scarred area every day, and especially 5-10 minutes after you apply SuperCopx2 after you have rolled.
  5. Copper Peptides (I used what was recommended on this board, which is SuperCop x2). Rub this in IMMEDIATELY after rolling. It may sting like hell. Wait ten minutes then put on the MSM lotion.
  6. Derma Roller of any brand that is as long as you can stand. I can only vouch that the 2.0 length roller works, anything shorter may not resolve it. I dug in until it bled (not gushing, but had little dots).
  7. Optional Use any other therapy / cream you have in order to speed up healing (I used nothing more but probably would of had better results if I did)

All the supplements I listed above used in the dosage given create an amazing environment for your skin to repair and heal at amazing rates. When I used to dig into my face with the 2.0 roller it would be red and flakey for a week and a half, with this protocol it would be almost entirely healed up within three days. If you want to make this work you'll roll your scars and then wait until the skin looks completely repaired and then roll again and don't miss a day on your supplements.

If you're like me you'll start seeing clear results after 2 months (if you do not see results within two monthsthen you may not be digesting the protein well or possibly just do not respond to this treatment for some reason) and they'll continue until your scars are mostly or completely healed (there might be someone with really really deep cars that don't get a complete cure, but I had at least two that were DEEP and are flattened out). Now I know at this point everyone wants pictures. Well I don't have any. I've been looking for a remedy for this for about 12 years so no I don't have a bunch of pictures of before and after and I understand that makes this lose credibility but I"m not looking for credit or praise or "oh thank you so much", I felt it's absolutely my duty to share this information for other people who are suffering from this, that's the only reason why I made this.

If you do this protocol then please post your results here so it can help other people.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a medical doctor and this isn't medical advice, if you want that then go to your doctor. I'm telling everyone exactly what worked for me, for ME the effects were profound and absolutely day and night. I have no idea how your body is going to respond to a 2.0 roller and can't possibly take responsibility for anything that could happen. I also don't know the affects of taking these supplements on a long term basis but I can tell you that body-builders probably ingest far more amino acids than the amount I did and have no issues ; do your research if it makes you feel better. I'm sharing this information because this is what worked for me. Logically speaking I can't imagine why it wouldn't work for other people but I'm not a doctor and haven't run any experiments so I can't say for sure.

malia02, Diane07, JackDoe and 8 people liked
MemberMember
(@john777)

Posted : 08/19/2013 9:36 pm

An interesting personal prescription. I am not very familiar with the supplements you are suggesting. Perhaps you could describe your logic behind the selection of the supplements and topicals, and how you think each of them contributed to your positive results for healing and improving your scars. Are you saying that you have had 100% improvement with this regiment? How long have you been on this regiment and do you still do it? Thanks.

MemberMember
(@crispycraters)

Posted : 08/20/2013 3:42 pm

I've been doing this for about 4 months now and my acne scars are about 90% healed and I see no reason why they won't be 98-100% healed in the next couple of months [*EDIT UPDATE - I continued this protocol for several months after and never could get rid of the DEEP scars, the other scarring is gone and stayed away]. This is a HUGE improvement as I had acne scars covering both of my cheeks with deep indention that could be seen regardless of lighting. I didn't have the weak acne scars like some people on the board are freaking out about and then you see in the picture it was a couple of indentions...I had acne scars that make people feel uncomfortable when they talk to me. I had acne scars that I would catch people staring at or could tell they were trying to tell themselves not to look at but had to because it was so gross.

I used the derma roller for 2 years straight (actually more like three years) and had little to no improvements so when this started to repair it was extremely obvious that something was going on and it's for sure this protocol.

As for what each one does, just google it, I'm not trying to sell anyone on this protocol, they can take it or leave it makes no difference to me. The only reason I've posted this is because I wish this had been here when I started searching these boards and I know how this can effect someones life.

MemberMember
(@john777)

Posted : 08/21/2013 7:36 am

OK. So, it seems that you are using a 2.0 mm roller about 2 times a week, and roll "heavily". Then you take large amounts of collagen and amino acid supplements , as well as a few topicals, to effect quick healing, so you can roll again and repeat the cycle very frequently.

I still have my earlier question: Why the amino supplements you have chosen? There are lots of amino acid supplements that can contribute to collagen production, and I was wondering if you found some significant link to these amino supplements and scar reduction.

I think your post is interesting and has a new twist I have not seen before in other posts... although I am pretty new to the forum. The frequent rolling with a 2.0 roller is certainly "outside" of what is normally accepted (3-4 days vs 6-8 weeks)... but I keep hearing with severe scaring "No pain, no gain".

So, the question remains if healing can really take place within a few days, even with the use of heavy supplements. Your method would indicate that total healing does not need to take place before another rolling session begins... just sufficient healing. More rolling makes better results.

You mentioned you rolled for several years with minimal results. How often did you roll during the period before your heavy collagen and amino supplement program?

austra liked
MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 08/21/2013 3:22 pm

Ok folks, I'm not selling anything and I'm not going to leave any links to specific sites or products, I'm just going to tell you how to do it and what to get and you can do whatever you'd like with that information. As someone who's suffered from acne scarring since I was 19 years old (I'm 34 now) I have no desire to mislead people because I was mislead countless times by remedies that did not work. I had several shallow scars and many DEEP ice-pick scars that looked extremely nasty especially under the horrible overhead lights which made my face look monstrous.

I've done laser resurfacing (not factal, but laser resurfacing where they burn off the top layers of skin), I've done heavy / multiple sessions of microdermabrasion with no results. I've done restylne injections and then finally did collagen injections which I was not happy with. I also consistently did derma rolling for two years straight with minimal to zero results.

here's what you'll need to do, this is the cure, don't dare skimp out on one of these ingredients and cheat yourself from the cure you've been looking for:

1. 500mg of the amino acid Threonine taken 3x throughout the day for a total of 1500 mg (buy it online, any brand will do).
  2. 500mg of the amino acid Lysine taken 3x throughout the day for a total of 1500 mg (found mine at vitamin shoppe).
  3. 500mg of the amino acid Phenylalanine taken 1x a day (got at vitamin shoppe)
  4. BioCell Collagen (I bought the generic brand from Vitamin Shoppe) which has Hydrolyzed Collagen Type II (2 pills daily on empty stomach)
  5. Find a supplement that has Collagen type 1 & 3 in it (I found one at vitamin shoppe) (2 pills daily on empty stomach)
  6. MSM Lotion of any brand (you can buy online or at grocery stores)
  7. Whey Protein of your choice taken at least once a day separate from the Amino Acids
  8. Copper Peptides (I used what was recommended on this board, which is SuperCop x2)
  9. Derma Roller of any brand that is as long as you can stand. I can only vouch that the 2.0 length roller works, anything shorter may not resolve it. I dug in until it bled (not gushing, but had little dots).

All the supplements I listed above used in the dosage given create an amazing environment for your skin to repair and heal at amazing rates. When I used to dig into my face with the 2.0 roller it would be red and flakey for a week and a half, with this protocol it would be almost entirely healed up within three days. If you want to make this work you'll roll your scars and then wait until the skin looks completely repaired and then roll again and don't miss a day on your supplements.

You'll start seeing clear results after 2 months and they'll continue until your scars are mostly or complete healed (there might be someone with really really deep cars that don't get a complete cure, but I had at least two that were DEEP and are flattened out). Now I know at this point everyone wants pictures. Well I don't have any. I've been looking for a remedy for this for about 12 years so no I don't have a bunch of pictures of before and after and I understand that makes this lose credibility but I"m not looking for credit or praise or "oh thank you so much", I felt it's absolutely my duty to share this information for other people who are suffering from this, that's the only reason why I made this.

My disclaimer is this: I'm not a medical doctor and this isn't medical advice, if you want that then go to your doctor.

If you do this protocol then please post your results here so it can help other people, and please don't look at one of the ingredients and say "well I don't need that one".

for the dermarolling part, you think replacing the dermaroller with a dermastamp or other procedures would be hepful? im happy you finally found something that helped your scars as deep acne scarring can seriously effect someones life in all kinds of ways from the physcological and emotional trauma we suffer from eveyrday.ive been suffering for 6 years now and it is really taking its toll on me!

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/21/2013 3:32 pm

good for you, you are much braver with the 2.0 roller, wowzer

please explain the topicals right after you roll, do you use the MSM lotion? do you use it every day in between rolling, and how about the super cop?

thanks for sharing your good news, it does give us all hope

MemberMember
(@crispycraters)

Posted : 08/22/2013 12:53 pm

good for you, you are much braver with the 2.0 roller, wowzer

please explain the topicals right after you roll, do you use the MSM lotion? do you use it every day in between rolling, and how about the super cop?

thanks for sharing your good news, it does give us all hope

ok good question, right after I rolled I would IMMEDIATELY put on SUPER COP 2X so that it gets into my skin as much as possible. I would rub in fast circles to stimulate blood flow to that region and keep rubbing until I couldn't see the dark green anymore. I would wait about 10 minutes then rub in MSM lotion into the same spots.

For the next three days I would rub Super Cop 2x on the places where I rolled along with MSM lotion, then I would only put on MSM lotion until I saw my cheeks had completely healed up and then I would start the process over again.

I noticed after continuously doing this my heal times sped up, it was like my body knew there was frequent trauma to that location so it already had the pathways built to repair it.

here's what you'll need to do, this is the cure, don't dare skimp out on one of these ingredients and cheat yourself from the cure you've been looking for:

1. 500mg of the amino acid Threonine taken 3x throughout the day for a total of 1500 mg (buy it online, any brand will do).
  2. 500mg of the amino acid Lysine taken 3x throughout the day for a total of 1500 mg (found mine at vitamin shoppe).
  3. 500mg of the amino acid Phenylalanine taken 1x a day (got at vitamin shoppe)
  4. BioCell Collagen (I bought the generic brand from Vitamin Shoppe) which has Hydrolyzed Collagen Type II (2 pills daily on empty stomach)
  5. Find a supplement that has Collagen type 1 & 3 in it (I found one at vitamin shoppe) (2 pills daily on empty stomach)
  6. MSM Lotion of any brand (you can buy online or at grocery stores)
  7. Whey Protein of your choice taken at least once a day separate from the Amino Acids
  8. Copper Peptides (I used what was recommended on this board, which is SuperCop x2)
  9. Derma Roller of any brand that is as long as you can stand. I can only vouch that the 2.0 length roller works, anything shorter may not resolve it. I dug in until it bled (not gushing, but had little dots).

You'll start seeing clear results after 2 months and they'll continue until your scars are mostly or complete healed (there might be someone with really really deep cars that don't get a complete cure, but I had at least two that were DEEP and are flattened out). Now I know at this point everyone wants pictures. Well I don't have any. I've been looking for a remedy for this for about 12 years so no I don't have a bunch of pictures of before and after and I understand that makes this lose credibility but I"m not looking for credit or praise or "oh thank you so much", I felt it's absolutely my duty to share this information for other people who are suffering from this, that's the only reason why I made this.

My disclaimer is this: I'm not a medical doctor and this isn't medical advice, if you want that then go to your doctor.

If you do this protocol then please post your results here so it can help other people, and please don't look at one of the ingredients and say "well I don't need that one".

for the dermarolling part, you think replacing the dermaroller with a dermastamp or other procedures would be hepful? im happy you finally found something that helped your scars as deep acne scarring can seriously effect someones life in all kinds of ways from the physcological and emotional trauma we suffer from eveyrday.ive been suffering for 6 years now and it is really taking its toll on me!

I don't know anything about dermastamp so I can't give any advice on it, only on the stuff I do know. Honestly, I know it's all relative but the scars on your face in that picture are nothing compared to what I had, I wouldn't have even cared if my face looked like yours. Probably 5 months and that stuff will be either 95% or 100% gone

MemberMember
(@crispycraters)

Posted : 08/22/2013 1:13 pm

OK. So, it seems that you are using a 2.0 mm roller about 2 times a week, and roll "heavily". Then you take large amounts of collagen and amino acid supplements , as well as a few topicals, to effect quick healing, so you can roll again and repeat the cycle very frequently.

I still have my earlier question: Why the amino supplements you have chosen? There are lots of amino acid supplements that can contribute to collagen production, and I was wondering if you found some significant link to these amino supplements and scar reduction.

I think your post is interesting and has a new twist I have not seen before in other posts... although I am pretty new to the forum. The frequent rolling with a 2.0 roller is certainly "outside" of what is normally accepted (3-4 days vs 6-8 weeks)... but I keep hearing with severe scaring "No pain, no gain".

So, the question remains if healing can really take place within a few days, even with the use of heavy supplements. Your method would indicate that total healing does not need to take place before another rolling session begins... just sufficient healing. More rolling makes better results.

You mentioned you rolled for several years with minimal results. How often did you roll during the period before your heavy collagen and amino supplement program?

Hey man, I'm not trying to make you feel bad but please look carefully before making statements, someone could read what you said and the get it wrong and mess up their face.

I said:

"If you want to make this work you'll roll your scars and then wait until the skin looks completely repaired and then roll again and don't miss a day on your supplements."

This clearly indicates that total repair should take place before rolling again. We all know that people heal at different rates so setting a number such as 6-8 weeks or 3-4 days doesn't really make sense, better to observe your unique situation and act accordingly. Before I started taking my supplements I rolled about every 2-3 weeks based on when my skin looked repaired. As for the amino acids, they are key aminos for building collagen, and skin fibers.

MemberMember
(@iconzz)

Posted : 08/23/2013 8:45 am

pics? if u dont mind....

Hey nice post n how about going for foods which are rich in aminiacids you mentioned and vit c? y copper???

i was just looking for collagen in wikipedia... it tells collagen is protein n needs vit-c n glycosilation n hydroxylation... so m gonna go a natural way rather than spending loads of money on supplements....

MemberMember
(@crispycraters)

Posted : 08/23/2013 9:05 am

pics? if u dont mind....

Hey nice post n how about going for foods which are rich in aminiacids you mentioned and vit c? y copper???

i was just looking for collagen in wikipedia... it tells collagen is protein n needs vit-c n glycosilation n hydroxylation... so m gonna go a natural way rather than spending loads of money on supplements....

ok, but when/if it doesn't work don't come back here saying "this didn't work", you're taking your own path not mine. good luck

MemberMember
(@iconzz)

Posted : 08/23/2013 9:09 am

pics? if u dont mind....

ok, but when/if it doesn't work don't come back here saying "this didn't work", you're taking your own path not mine. good luck

dont u think being natural is better than so so many supplements.. mine are just miror shallow scars... can u send me your pics.. plzz... and m a doctor:P

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 08/24/2013 2:56 am

i think taking 11 pills in one day is extreme. can you be specific on the supplement intake because 11 pills in one day seems far fetched

MemberMember
(@crownroyal)

Posted : 11/06/2013 9:49 am

I just joined to personally thNk the OP for this post.

Let me just say I have done

TCA peels with minimal results, some smoothening of the surface and tone correction. Long down time for me over a week long.

TCA Cross, made a very few scars disappear, made some scars shallow, caused a few damages here and there and definitely widened most scars treated. Every stage of this treatment was depressing

I have dermarolled for over a year with good results in the sense that I no longer obsess about my scars by the seconds. It has made some scars smaller and altogether. What I found strange is that some scars will split in 2 and become smaller? Now my pitted skin looks more like pores if that makes any sense. The down time with derma rolling for me is bearable compared to the other 2.

Types of scars/skin issues- mostly pitted scars, a few box scara, open pores

I am Black African

As I mentioned I followed the OP's description to a "T" and something positively strange has happened, my scars have not all vanished but there has been leaps in improvement.

I suffered an Achilles rapture and decided since I will be home recovering I will do intensive rolls and follow all the supplements mentioned and protocol mind you I only took the pills and other stuff for roughly 2 weeks as it took a whole to heal which I attribute to the copper peptide.

What I did- I cleansed my skin and used a derma roller and rolled intensively with a couple of passes, it was a 2mm roller, then I used my dermapen equivalent device and did an intensive treatment with that also, it was pretty intensive, then it followed the protocol, all the supplements purchased cost me over 100 not to mention the copper peptide (SuperCop) and the derma roller and dermapen device.

A few warnings, I experienced hyper pigmentation and reddening at the rolled sites which is still a bit visible 3 weeks after.

I just felt I needed to report my experience, I will roll again in about 2 months.

MemberMember
(@chrissyc)

Posted : 11/08/2013 9:03 am

CrispyCraters -

Want to try your protocol and am in the process of ordering your recommended supplements.

Quick question:

I am seeing L-phenylalaline as well as D-phenylalaline and DL-phennylalaline. Which should I buy?

Also MSM ...would you mind sharing which cream you used? So many out there! Is purer better? I don't see mention of you taking MSM orally, which I know a lot of people suggest. Any thoughts on this?

Determined not too long ago to start vitamins, but not knowing where to start bought a basic "skin, nail and hair" with biotin. Thank you for a much more comprehensive plan!!

MemberMember
(@frasier)

Posted : 11/08/2013 5:24 pm

One question from me too, CrispyCraters. Didn't you take any pills containing Vitamin C?

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 11/09/2013 8:09 am

How often exactly are you rolling now? Twice a week?

I'd also like to know why you chose those amino acid supplements. Did you do background research and somehow conclude those are the most essential?

MemberMember
(@crownroyal)

Posted : 11/10/2013 5:40 am

@Crissy, I'm not the original OP but the one you need is the L-phenylalanine, that's the one I got and used.

Just to add to MY experience again, I used to do a side look with the mirror when my scars where at their worst and will see all these horrific indentations on my left and right cheek as well as my forehead, there where soo many of them but now everything appears smoother apart from the scars I treated with TCA cross which are much wider.

I truly hope these results are here to stay, it's been about 6 weeks or more since I carried out the last roll and I will be rolling in about a month or soo.

Also bare in mind this extensive roll left me with hyper pigmentation on the rolled areas.

ChrissyC liked
MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 11/11/2013 2:51 am

how did dermarolling resolve your ice pick scarring??

MemberMember
(@crownroyal)

Posted : 11/11/2013 7:07 am

Through the mechanisms/processes of collagen induction.

And I don't mean dermarolling with weak little needles once then giving up, but rather with 2mm dermarollers and derma pen extensively and incorporating healing aids as described above.

MemberMember
(@crispycraters)

Posted : 12/17/2013 12:26 am

I just joined to personally thNk the OP for this post.

Let me just say I have done

TCA peels with minimal results, some smoothening of the surface and tone correction. Long down time for me over a week long.

TCA Cross, made a very few scars disappear, made some scars shallow, caused a few damages here and there and definitely widened most scars treated. Every stage of this treatment was depressing

I have dermarolled for over a year with good results in the sense that I no longer obsess about my scars by the seconds. It has made some scars smaller and altogether. What I found strange is that some scars will split in 2 and become smaller? Now my pitted skin looks more like pores if that makes any sense. The down time with derma rolling for me is bearable compared to the other 2.

Types of scars/skin issues- mostly pitted scars, a few box scara, open pores

I am Black African

As I mentioned I followed the OP's description to a "T" and something positively strange has happened, my scars have not all vanished but there has been leaps in improvement.

I suffered an Achilles rapture and decided since I will be home recovering I will do intensive rolls and follow all the supplements mentioned and protocol mind you I only took the pills and other stuff for roughly 2 weeks as it took a whole to heal which I attribute to the copper peptide.

What I did- I cleansed my skin and used a derma roller and rolled intensively with a couple of passes, it was a 2mm roller, then I used my dermapen equivalent device and did an intensive treatment with that also, it was pretty intensive, then it followed the protocol, all the supplements purchased cost me over 100 not to mention the copper peptide (SuperCop) and the derma roller and dermapen device.

A few warnings, I experienced hyper pigmentation and reddening at the rolled sites which is still a bit visible 3 weeks after.

I just felt I needed to report my experience, I will roll again in about 2 months.

Congrats on the progress you have already. If you're taking these supplements as outlined you should begin healing fast enough to roll more often than two months but use your best judgement; as soon as it's close to 100% healed then roll again.

CrispyCraters -

Want to try your protocol and am in the process of ordering your recommended supplements.

Quick question:

I am seeing L-phenylalaline as well as D-phenylalaline and DL-phennylalaline. Which should I buy?

Also MSM ...would you mind sharing which cream you used? So many out there! Is purer better? I don't see mention of you taking MSM orally, which I know a lot of people suggest. Any thoughts on this?

Determined not too long ago to start vitamins, but not knowing where to start bought a basic "skin, nail and hair" with biotin. Thank you for a much more comprehensive plan!!

Hi, good question. I used L-Phenalalanine. I've updated the protocol to reflect that.

Here is a link to the exact MSM cream I used:

http://www.richdistributing.com/shop/retail/viewitem.php?productid=25

Probably any MSM cream will work but that's what I used.

One question from me too, CrispyCraters. Didn't you take any pills containing Vitamin C?

I may have been taking vitamin C at the time but I don't recall. It definitely wasn't something I was taking large amounts of on a regular basis. I can't imagine it would hurt to throw that in there but for the sake of accuracy in matching the protocol I wouldn't overdo it.

MemberMember
(@frasier)

Posted : 12/17/2013 7:17 am

Thanks for responding, CrispyCraters!

How are your scars now by the way? Are you still getting progress?

MemberMember
(@lamchopz)

Posted : 01/08/2014 10:28 pm

I have begun this protocol today, will update will results

MemberMember
(@lvu)

Posted : 02/11/2014 4:26 am

I've been doing this and I feel I am noticing help on my small icepick scars, but am not quite sure. My box car rolling scars are bad still. I will continue this. My question is how often are you rolling... I seem to heal within a week but I'm worried that underneath it all I am not healed. How often Do you roll for sucuess.

MemberMember
(@bioneedle)

Posted : 02/11/2014 10:19 pm

Do you have before/after pictures? It would be much more helpful if we could see the severity of your scars.

MemberMember
(@pineapplexpress)

Posted : 02/12/2014 4:19 pm

CrispyCraters are you still rolling? Are you getting any more improvment? I am curious to know does your skin now look smooth?

@Crownroyal... how is your progress going?