Notifications
Clear all

Water Fast For Scars And Acne

MemberMember
(@duffq)

Posted : 08/19/2013 5:37 pm

Hi im planning to water fast next week for 40days for my acne and deep scars.

Has anyone tried it?

Dit it work?

MemberMember
(@hasmas)

Posted : 08/19/2013 5:46 pm

Fasting is very good for the skin and for the general health. Ive heard some good stuff about fasting for scars and that they heal alot faster.Try it out and se Im pretty sure it will give you better looking and healthier skin.

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/19/2013 6:00 pm

Please update us always. I am interested to see the outcome.

iamlenlen liked
MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 08/19/2013 6:03 pm

Wait... What? How is fasting helpful to your skin? Besides the initial detoxing, wouldn't fasting just be depriving your body of essential vitamins and nutrients that are important to heal your skin? Not to mention not eating for 40 days is kind of ludicrous.... I think your person safety would be compromised.

MemberMember
(@duffq)

Posted : 08/19/2013 6:16 pm

http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=827167 read this and this http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100605135733AAEOyWn and

[Edited link out]

Aghhne i will ive done 4 days water fast and saw improvment on my keloidscar

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/19/2013 6:19 pm

Wait... What? How is fasting helpful to your skin? Besides the initial detoxing, wouldn't fasting just be depriving your body of essential vitamins and nutrients that are important to heal your skin? Not to mention not eating for 40 days is kind of ludicrous.... I think your person safety would be compromised.

No..

Fasting is beneficial

Read this

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2013/03/27/health-diet-and-exercise-focused-science-series-comes-to-pbs-exploration-wednesdays-april-3-17-997202/20130327pbs01/

http://www.emel.com/article?id=61&a_id=1405

Fasting makes your body heal faster and more efficiently.

There are a lot more benefits not just that.

Do a research about it.

MemberMember
(@duffq)

Posted : 08/19/2013 6:21 pm

http://www.freedomyou.com/fasting_healed_old_scar_tissue_freedomyou.aspx healed scar by fastin

MemberMember
(@hasmas)

Posted : 08/19/2013 6:21 pm

Instead of digesting food your body will by itself heal the skin and all tissues that needs to be healed. Also you ancestors walked around with no food like 3days in strike and stuff so don´t worry about the safety of the person XD :)

iamlenlen liked
MemberMember
(@tom-busby)

Posted : 08/19/2013 6:26 pm

An intermittent fast would be better. There are two ways to this. There was a BBC show on PBS about this, with a Doctor Mosley I believe, and they had plenty of medical support for fasting at 600 calories (per day) for two days a week, and eating normally on the other 5 days. People lose weight this way, and their blood pressure goes down, and their overall health improves.

The other way, where you don't lose any weight, which I been doing for about 4 months, is to not eat for about 18 hours. Every day you eat only lunch and dinner. The calorie intake is whatever is normal to you, but your body ketoses and that is supposed to be healthy, from 6 pm to noon the next day. Actually I cheat and down a 100 mg garlic capsule and a big spoonful of yogurt in the morning.

I'm not a believer in fasting, other than as I wrote above. You can't have good health if you are ketosing for several days or more, and your sense of balance and coordination is going to suffer fairly quickly.

MemberMember
(@hasmas)

Posted : 08/19/2013 6:33 pm

Fasting guys its what our ancestors did and thats why they were so strong and looked healthy they fasted guys. They hadnt access to food 24/7 like we do. Fasting is very beneficial , fast for a couple of hours like 16 hours every 2 days or so or 2days a week and I promise you will look healthier and have better skin.

iamlenlen liked
MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/19/2013 6:38 pm

An intermittent fast would be better. There are two ways to this. There was a BBC show on PBS about this, with a Doctor Mosley I believe, and they had plenty of medical support for fasting at 600 calories (per day) for two days a week, and eating normally on the other 5 days. People lose weight this way, and their blood pressure goes down, and their overall health improves.

The other way, where you don't lose any weight, which I been doing for about 4 months, is to not eat for about 18 hours. Every day you eat only lunch and dinner. The calorie intake is whatever is normal to you, but your body ketoses and that is supposed to be healthy, from 6 pm to noon the next day. Actually I cheat and down a 100 mg garlic capsule and a big spoonful of yogurt in the morning.

I'm not a believer in fasting, other than as I wrote above. You can't have good health if you are ketosing for several days or more, and your sense of balance and coordination is going to suffer fairly quickly.

Interesting. But i read that one day of fasting wont do much. If you want to fast and get results but low risk then a week of fasting is an option.

A month of fasting is risky but also has the most potential. It gives your body enough time to heal everything.

It takes 3 days for your body to switch is source of energy from food to your fat,etc.

So i dont think one day or two day fasting will really do a lot.

Just 4 days? Hmm that's quite interesting. Since it takes 3 days to fully switch your body's main source of energy.

Ima try a week of fasting.

Btw, how did you break your fasting? Aslo did you fast with just water or with juice?

I heard juice fast will just slow the process of fasting. So i am assuming you did a water fast?

MemberMember
(@duffq)

Posted : 08/19/2013 6:49 pm

The week before i water fasted i eat very little and only fruits and i broke my fast with watermelon

iamlenlen liked
MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/19/2013 6:53 pm

The week before i water fasted i eat very little and only fruits and i broke my fast with watermelon

Damn lol, this is making me want to water fast. The only concern is that i dont want to lose weight. :P

Anyways, is it fine for me to just waterfast the next day. Im impatient ahahaha.

lenlenlen liked
MemberMember
(@duffq)

Posted : 08/19/2013 6:59 pm

Do it

Ive heard the real healing of scars starts after day 14.

iamlenlen liked
MemberMember
(@hasmas)

Posted : 08/19/2013 7:04 pm

Damn lol, this is making me want to water fast. The only concern is that i dont want to lose weight. tongue.png

Anyways, is it fine for me to just waterfast the next day. Im impatient ahahaha.

You will likely loose some fat but your HGH will take care of the muscles you have so you don´t lose them aswell XD

MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 08/19/2013 7:32 pm

Okay... So out of curiosity, how would someone do this without losing weight?

MemberMember
(@hasmas)

Posted : 08/19/2013 7:37 pm

Well you wont loose muscle "wieght" you will loose fat "weight" so if you want to do this you have to eat ALOT when you break your fast , so you fast 16hours and you will have 8hour eating window and in that eating window you have to it MEGA much so you dont loose fat which probably is good to loose XD but anyway if you dont want to loose any weight eat alot in the 8hour eating window .

MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 08/19/2013 7:51 pm

Well you won´t loose muscle "wieght" you will loose fat "weight" so if you wan´t to do this you have to eat ALOT when you break your fast , so you fast 16hours and you will have 8hour eating window and in that eating window you have to it MEGA much so you don´t loose fat which probably is good to loose XD but anyway if you don´t want to loose any weight eat alot in the 8hour eating window .

Well I'm 5'7" and 102 lbs so I really can't afford to lose any weight right now :( I usually eat 6 small meals a day to get enough calories in. Ugh, I don't even know how to eat that much in eight hours lol It sounds painful.

When you're finished with your fast, won't your acne come back?

MemberMember
(@hasmas)

Posted : 08/19/2013 8:00 pm

Well you won´t loose muscle "wieght" you will loose fat "weight" so if you wan´t to do this you have to eat ALOT when you break your fast , so you fast 16hours and you will have 8hour eating window and in that eating window you have to it MEGA much so you don´t loose fat which probably is good to loose XD but anyway if you don´t want to loose any weight eat alot in the 8hour eating window .

Well I'm 5'7" and 102 lbs so I really can't afford to lose any weight right now sad.png I usually eat 6 small meals a day to get enough calories in. Ugh, I don't even know how to eat that much in eight hours lol It sounds painful.

When you're finished with your fast, won't your acne come back?

When you fast , basically your body balances , hormones and blood sugar stuff cholesterol goes back to normal. You simply give ur body a chance to repair itself , all the energy that goes to digest the food you eat will instead go to heal the body , but you have to fast regularly to keep maintance I don´t think it will clear up the acne but it will definintely give you a healthier looking skin and also will help the acne heal itself more quickly so a combination of this and having some kind of treatment like topicals will do just fine until you outgrow acne. So fasting 2days a week 16-18 hours is very beneficial for your overall health and skin. Salute litle girl.

MemberMember
(@crispycraters)

Posted : 08/19/2013 8:13 pm

I saw this post and felt obligated to respond. I did a 21 day fast where I consumed absolutely nothing but water, period. I had minimal improvements to my scars but did have several other improvements that were not related to scars. Unless you already have some existing disease or issues then water fasting is relatively safe, read and educate yourself before making any assumptions. xoxo

MemberMember
(@pretty-me)

Posted : 08/19/2013 10:15 pm

how to do it can anyone explain

will it make me sexier lol i wanna coz beside of acne scars I'm kinda fat too

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 08/20/2013 12:17 am

Before you attempt anything like this it is important that you educate yourself about risks rather than focusing on perceived benefits. Using google to find online blogs (such as those already linked in this thread) is not 'research' - its just documented personal experiences.

MemberMember
(@duffq)

Posted : 08/20/2013 5:16 am

A real water fast is only drinking water for a period of days without eating something.

If you do a water fast for 30 + you will see alot of healing of old wounds this healing process starts at day 15 for some and later for some

You may even need to do 2 or 3 fasts to heal your scars

MemberMember
(@duffq)

Posted : 08/20/2013 5:43 am

[Edited link out] link of water fast http://www.allaboutfasting.com/water-fasting.html

MemberMember
(@hasmas)

Posted : 08/20/2013 7:26 am

Search Intermittent Fasting on youtube you will se Doctors speaking and stuff about Intermittent Fasting and the healing of fasting.