Initial Breakout/ P...

Notifications
Clear all

Initial Breakout/ Purging?

MemberMember
(@bja87)

Posted : 08/19/2013 3:23 am

I would just like to know about people's purging/ initial breakouts. When did you get them how long did they last and so on. I have been doing the regimen for a week and my skin is like the worse ever I'm hoping this is just a purge or whatever and will keep going but after reading many logs I have noticed many people say that have clearing or results in the first week. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 08/19/2013 4:29 am

When I started I saw results right away, my acne was drying up pretty quickly. During the 4th-5th week though was when so much acne came to the surface. All these cysts came out from my jawline and chin. It was pretty horrible and I did consider quitting. I fought through it though and decided that since I did spend money and time on it that I should continue. I did and got clear during my 10th week.

MemberMember
(@bja87)

Posted : 08/19/2013 7:31 am

Errrrr so why am I having such a horrendous break out right at the beginning?

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 08/19/2013 7:31 am

Any effective acne medication tends to make your skin purge to some degree - benzoyl peroxide, retinoids (retin-a, differin) and even accutane. Its important to remind yourself that before you give up on it and try something else which will do exactly the same thing.

I broke out when i first started using BP because i'd just stopped using retin-a so theres a weird adjustment period and my skin was going through a lot of changes at that time - what were you using before you started the regimen?

MemberMember
(@bja87)

Posted : 08/19/2013 7:35 am

Yeah I understand the process of purging it just seems that others had there's later on into the regimen. Hopefully this is the only purging and I don't have any later on!!!!!

MemberMember
(@bja87)

Posted : 08/19/2013 6:56 pm

Anyone else want to share there purge experiences?

MemberMember
(@hasmas)

Posted : 08/19/2013 7:02 pm

In theory there are two types of purging lol one: Epidermis shit and and two: Dermis shit. So when you dont purge from the start its likely you will have the Dermis shit and that is purging from the second layer of the skin which will come up to the surface once the Epidermis is starting to flake of. I think you can explain it like this xD

MemberMember
(@bja87)

Posted : 08/19/2013 7:18 pm

Makes sense. So right now I am experiencing epidermis purging since my skin hasn't really peeled or been super super dry an flakey yet. So then when my face starts to peel later on do you think I will then have more purging? I really hope not!!!!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@hasmas)

Posted : 08/19/2013 7:27 pm

Makes sense. So right now I am experiencing epidermis purging since my skin hasn't really peeled or been super super dry an flakey yet. So then when my face starts to peel later on do you think I will then have more purging? I really hope not!!!!!!!!!

Its not 100% becuase your acne might before you started the treatment surfaced but if you have acne in the dermis they will likely surface when you start to peel and stuff.

MemberMember
(@bja87)

Posted : 08/19/2013 7:32 pm

Boo that sucks! I'll cross my fingers!

MemberMember
(@hasmas)

Posted : 08/19/2013 7:39 pm

Boo that sucks! I'll cross my fingers!

Even if you have "dermis" acne it´s better if they surface now than later. Even if you have I think you should just chill mate they will go away pretty fast don´t worry son :)

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 08/19/2013 10:31 pm

Epidermis shit and and two: Dermis shit

I love it when we get scientific in our explanations! ;)

I cleared up dramatically in the first week. Pimples started drying up and healing within a few days and I got soooooo excited thinking that the regimen was a little miracle. And then week 2 happened and I broke out and my skin was the worse it had ever been in my life. Plus added to all the additional acne by skin was started to peel and become red too. It was hell.

But like Nicmic has said above, its those that push through these stages (whether they occur early or later in the initial months) that find success with the regimen. Stick it out, follow the instructions exactly, dont add additional steps or products and the regimen should work for you. Good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@bja87)

Posted : 08/19/2013 10:43 pm

Thanks everyone!

MemberMember
(@venereologist)

Posted : 08/20/2013 4:24 am

I would just like to know about people's purging/ initial breakouts. When did you get them how long did they last and so on. I have been doing the regimen for a week and my skin is like the worse ever I'm hoping this is just a purge or whatever and will keep going but after reading many logs I have noticed many people say that have clearing or results in the first week. Thanks!

be patient have a faith inu r therepy .god bless u

MemberMember
(@naiviv)

Posted : 10/05/2013 4:21 am

I am on my second week and i have experienced some acne. I was really getting worried . Until I saw these post about purging . This post helped me out a lot!! Thanks everyone. :)