Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cloitus

When Will Accutane Start Working For Me

Hey everyone. I've been on accutane five weeks now and still nothing! 4 weeks on 10mg and one week on 20mg. When can I expect to see any kind of improvement??

that is a very low dose, it could take a while

accutane impacts us all in very different ways, some get a really bad initial breakout that lasts months, and some never do - and for some it takes months to start working, like 4 or 5 and for some they see improvement in the first week

you need to be patient, especially at that low dose - but they good news is you shouldn't have much by way of side effects

Yeah, it's different for everyone. As hard as it is, you just have to be patient because the chances are that you will be clear by the end of your course. Hope you get good results! :)

Dear OP, please know that most people don't see any clearing until around 3 months. I know this maybe a little depressing to hear but 3 months can fly by. My son didnt start clearing until well into his 4 1/2 month treatment. He is almost finished now (7 months) at 40 mg and things are looking really good. In fact he oesnt even think about his acne anymore unless he's taking his accutane and washing his face.

Stay strong and stay positive. You wil have good days and bad, hopefully more good days lol. Just know that you are not alone in this and you have lots of people here wanting to see you acne free. You will get there but it takes time.