Notifications
Clear all

Stories Regarding Sugarless (Or Glutenless Or Dairyless) Diets?

MemberMember
(@cocoloraine)

Posted : 08/18/2013 11:49 pm

I suffer from shitty painful cystic acne generally around my mouth but also occasionally on cheeks and forehead. I am trying to eliminate sugar and cut way back on gluten and dairy. I know there are existing topics regarding articles that link acne to food consumption, but I'd like to hear people's personal experiences on this subject, particularly about sugar (but anything helps!).

MemberMember
(@who-is-box)

Posted : 08/19/2013 12:39 am

After I eliminated dairy, sugars, bad carbs (I rarely eat carbs though, almonds and sweet potatoes is about it) my face has cleared up so much! My skin feels smoother and overall just better. You are also helping your health by eating good. I would highly recommend staying true to a diet for about 2 months to see results. Good luck

MemberMember
(@bumpinthenight)

Posted : 08/20/2013 11:54 pm

Good luck, I hope so much that his helps you clear up! I have heard of this working for others. :) Going low sugar and low carb has not cleared me up, but eating a lot of sugar and carbs does seem to worsen my already bad adult acne, and it worsens other things too (ie. shaking if I don't eat every hour, pins and needles in forearms, etc).

MemberMember
(@user354689)

Posted : 10/08/2013 9:15 pm

yes, shifting how you eat can help. i no longer eat refined sugars or even those huge health food store cookies that i used to eat at least once a week (alternative baking company cookies). my sugar consumption comes from fruit and starchy things like sweet potatoes. i no longer consume gluten based foods either. dairy...well, i still do that, except the dairy i consume is in the form of ghee or clarified butter, which doesn't really effect my skin like other dairy products. so, yes, yes...adjusting those things within your eating routine can help your skin.

MemberMember
(@providermr)

Posted : 10/08/2013 9:31 pm

I was getting fat so I decided to start a diet just for losing some weight. My diet consists in tuna with veggies, green tea and some white meat and since I started it it seems like my face is getting much better but im not sure yet cause 1 week is just to short to be sure.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 10/09/2013 1:15 am

Changing my diet (namely removing wheat) took care of my inflammatory acne. Colostrum works too if you have a food sensitivity.