Notifications
Clear all

Patrick's Retin-A And Doxycycline Log

MemberMember
(@patrick92)

Posted : 08/18/2013 11:48 pm

I have decided to start my own personal log, having gathered so much helpful information over the last few years from content others have posted on here. It will also be a great way for me to record my own progress and thoughts.

First the boring stuff...

I'm a 20 year old male from New Zealand, and have had mild to moderate acne on my chin and forehead for the last 5 years or so.

I have tried literally every over the counter product including clearasil, cetaphil, proactive, clean and clear (all useless) as well as various forms of the regimen, and most recently a water only regimen. The regimen worked the best by far, but I still wasn't clear after trying it for 2 years straight. It was also too time consuming, especially on days where I had to be up early for Uni.

A few weeks ago, feeling very frustrated (as I'm sure most on here do), I headed off to a dermatologist for the first time and was prescribed both an oral antibiotic and a topical retinoid. I was told to take 100mg of doxycycline once a day for 3 months and to apply Retin-A / tretinoin 0.05% cream once daily at night for at least 6 months.

Having read many posts about the dreaded initial breakouts from topical retinoids I was naturally a little worried about what would happen to my skin over the first few months. I certainly didn't want my acne to get any worse, however at the same time it seems many people who stick with the retinoids for 3-6 months get good results. Fingers crossed the doxycycline controls any initial breakouts.

So my regimen looks like this...

Morning: Wash face with cetaphil ..... that's it

Night: Take 100mg Doxycycline (with food)

Wash face again with cetaphil

Apply Retin-A/Tretinoin 0.05% to chin and forehead (20min after washing face)

I am now 2 weeks in and so far so good. I have had no side effects from doxy and only a little flaking of my skin from the Retin-A/Tret when I wake up. My chin is the clearest it's been for a long, long time (thanks to doxy I think) and my forehead is slowly improving. I have still had breakouts, mostly on my forehead, and I know to expect more for quite a few more weeks to come, but right now I am pleased with how things are progressing. I am a little concerned about the increased risk of sun burn since I am an avid cyclist and therefore in the sun a lot, so I am on the look out for a good sunscreen that won't break me out.

I will update with my progress at least once a week and will try to upload photo's once a month. Feel free to ask any questions, give feed back, etc

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 08/19/2013 11:51 pm

I took doxy a couple years ago - it worked well for me while I took it - no side effects that I can recall. I just remember my doctor saying to drink plenty of water with it (a full glass and not just a sip to down the pill) and not to lie down for a while after taking it. Did your doctor mention anything like that? I can't remember what the reason was behind doing that actually....

And there's a thread somewhere on the site where someone took doxy and has remained clear for months after stopping their course - hopefully that's the case for you too!

If you can get the neutrogena oil free SPF15 moisturiser that might be a good thing until you can find a better / stronger SPF/ sunscreen. Something is better than nothing! :) I've been using that in the mornings and haven't had a problem with it. The only other sunscreen I found that I liked and didn't seem to break me out was by Hamilton (called Everyday Face I think). I don't know if you can get that in NZ? It was SPF 30 which was great. (Only thing is that it's a matte finish and now my skin is too dry most of the time from the regimen that it feels weird on my skin). Let us know if you do find a good sunscreen!

Good to hear it's all going well so far. Hope it continues that way!

patrick92 liked
MemberMember
(@patrick92)

Posted : 08/20/2013 3:20 am

I took doxy a couple years ago - it worked well for me while I took it - no side effects that I can recall. I just remember my doctor saying to drink plenty of water with it (a full glass and not just a sip to down the pill) and not to lie down for a while after taking it. Did your doctor mention anything like that? I can't remember what the reason was behind doing that actually....

And there's a thread somewhere on the site where someone took doxy and has remained clear for months after stopping their course - hopefully that's the case for you too!

If you can get the neutrogena oil free SPF15 moisturiser that might be a good thing until you can find a better / stronger SPF/ sunscreen. Something is better than nothing! smile.png I've been using that in the mornings and haven't had a problem with it. The only other sunscreen I found that I liked and didn't seem to break me out was by Hamilton (called Everyday Face I think). I don't know if you can get that in NZ? It was SPF 30 which was great. (Only thing is that it's a matte finish and now my skin is too dry most of the time from the regimen that it feels weird on my skin). Let us know if you do find a good sunscreen!

Good to hear it's all going well so far. Hope it continues that way!

Yes my doctor also told me to take doxy with a large glass of water and not to lie down afterwards. According to them doxy can sometimes cause bad indigestion/heartburn, and lying down soon after taking it would increase the chance of this happening. I think taking it with lots of water is just to prevent any stomach irritation. Personally, I'm viewing doxy as more of a short-term fix while I wait for the Tretinoin to kick in properly (and hopefully it will control any IB's as well).

Thanks for the sunscreen suggestions, I will look into those. I actually just started using neutrogena dry touch spf 70, but its really thick and leaves your face looking quite pale/washed out. I think it will be good for my cycling, when I'm in the sun for hours at a time, but I'd like to find something a bit lighter.

I hope everything is still going well with your skin.

Lilly75 liked
MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 08/20/2013 3:25 am

Hi Patrick,

Some tips for Doxycylcine:

• Can be taken with meals
  • Take with large glass of water and maintain upright position ‰¥1 h to decrease risk of esophagitis
  • Optimize photoprotection especially in sunny season or with known increased outdoor exposure

You should see results in 3-4 months:

post-145613-1307356507_thumb.jpg
Good luck
MemberMember
(@patrick92)

Posted : 08/20/2013 7:29 am

Hi Patrick,

Some tips for Doxycylcine:

• Can be taken with meals
  • Take with large glass of water and maintain upright position 1 h to decrease risk of esophagitis
  • Optimize photoprotection especially in sunny season or with known increased outdoor exposure

You should see results in 3-4 months:

Good luck

Thanks for the tips. Can't wait to have clear skin!!

MemberMember
(@patrick92)

Posted : 08/21/2013 1:56 am

I'm on day 16 now. Still very early days.

I have 3 or 4 new spots on my forehead, and one on my chin. Spots on my forehead annoy me the most as they always leave bad hyper-pigmentation marks that take forever to fade. Much longer than on my chin. Despite this I have noticed that the skin on my forehead has gotten a lot smoother, thanks I think to tretinoin. Other than that, not much else has changed.

I've taken a coupe of photos I'll upload later to show how my skin is looking at this point.

MemberMember
(@patrick92)

Posted : 08/25/2013 11:42 pm

Day 21...

I've had one new pimple on my chin since I last posted, otherwise no new spots. I was pretty worried about how my skin would fare over the weekend since I had to go away and knew I would be unable to avoid doing things that aren't good for my skin (eating badly, little sleep, not drinking enough water, not washing my face properly etc...). Despite this I haven't broken out badly as of yet. It could still happen though, so I will just have to wait and see.You know acne has taken over your life when you can't even go away with family for the weekend without worrying about your skin :/

The good news is that my skin seems to be tolerating the tretinoin well, as I have not experienced any bad flaking/dryness or bad initial breakouts so far. I'm still bracing myself for a bad breakout around week 5 or 6 though, as that seems to be around when others trying retinoids have had their IB's. Everyone's different though so again I'll just have to wait and see.

MemberMember
(@patrick92)

Posted : 08/28/2013 6:27 am

Day 23.

I have been feeling pretty crappy about my appearance today to be honest. It's funny how one day you can feel a bit more confident in yourself but the next your self esteem hits rock bottom. I really had to force myself to leave the house for uni as It would have been all to easy to hide away at home.

My forehead, with its bad hyper pigmentation, is particularity bad at the moment. To make things worse I broke out with a couple of new spots there today which I know will take weeks to fade. Hyper pigmentation is the worst. It's more noticeable than pimples and takes so longer to fade!

Right....sulking over now. Thought I'd better finally upload some pictures like I said I would. They are just of my two problem area's (chin and forehead - never breakout anywhere else). They should serve as a good benchmark to measure future progress in the coming weeks.

post-215886-0-43868800-1377688836_thumb.

post-215886-0-43014600-1377689089_thumb.

post-215886-0-88407600-1377689113_thumb.

post-215886-0-64871800-1377689266_thumb.

The marks actually look worse in person, the lighting is just making them less noticeable (especially the forehead photo)

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 08/29/2013 3:25 am

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling great lately. We all have days like that but just have to hope the next day will be a better one :) I think it's a good thing that you forced yourself to get to uni - one of the things I love about uni actually is that I have classes that I must attend and so I have to get out and be 'social' in some way even if my skin is not looking good or I'm feeling horrible. It's things like that which I think help build confidence - slowly and maybe only build confidence slightly - but I think it helps / is good to get out and go about your day rather than hiding out at home (no matter how much you want to).

To me your skin/acne looks fairly mild - I do think you'll see improvements from what you're using - stick with it! :)

And I agree - hyperpigmentation is horrible to deal with! But as much as I hate it, I think I can cope with it more than actual acne... but I'd much rather not have any PIH or acne :P Also agree with you on the lighting point - I can never get photos of my skin to be a 'true' image of how my skin is in person and I think lighting is the main reason why. I try not to worry about it so much now, but I used to worry a lot about how my skin would look in different classrooms at uni or while outside because of the changes in lighting. I do have days though where it will bother me but there's not really anything I can do to change it so I try and forget about it..

Hope you start seeing more improvements soon

MemberMember
(@patrick92)

Posted : 08/29/2013 5:14 am

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling great lately. We all have days like that but just have to hope the next day will be a better one smile.png I think it's a good thing that you forced yourself to get to uni - one of the things I love about uni actually is that I have classes that I must attend and so I have to get out and be 'social' in some way even if my skin is not looking good or I'm feeling horrible. It's things like that which I think help build confidence - slowly and maybe only build confidence slightly - but I think it helps / is good to get out and go about your day rather than hiding out at home (no matter how much you want to).

To me your skin/acne looks fairly mild - I do think you'll see improvements from what you're using - stick with it! smile.png

And I agree - hyperpigmentation is horrible to deal with! But as much as I hate it, I think I can cope with it more than actual acne... but I'd much rather not have any PIH or acne tongue.png Also agree with you on the lighting point - I can never get photos of my skin to be a 'true' image of how my skin is in person and I think lighting is the main reason why. I try not to worry about it so much now, but I used to worry a lot about how my skin would look in different classrooms at uni or while outside because of the changes in lighting. I do have days though where it will bother me but there's not really anything I can do to change it so I try and forget about it..

Hope you start seeing more improvements soon

I agree that forcing yourself to go into uni is good for keeping you busy and interacting with people, but at the same time it does often reduce my confidence when everyone else seems to have perfect skin. I also agree that my acne is pretty mild, but it's still bad enough to really affect my self esteem. Then again, when you read through posts on here it seems that a lot of us with acne have a tendency to be pretty hard on ourselves sometimes haha.

I too used to worry about lighting in classrooms constantly, especially rooms with fluorescent lights or white walls (always makes my skin look worse). HIP really sucks!! You girls are lucky though as you can hide it reasonably well with make up :P

I saw in your log that you've had a small set back with a couple of new spots. It's always frustrating, but your having great results so with the regimen so you shouldn't let it get you down.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 08/29/2013 6:56 pm

I agree that forcing yourself to go into uni is good for keeping you busy and interacting with people, but at the same time it does often reduce my confidence when everyone else seems to have perfect skin. I also agree that my acne is pretty mild, but it's still bad enough to really affect my self esteem. Then again, when you read through posts on here it seems that a lot of us with acne have a tendency to be pretty hard on ourselves sometimes haha.

I too used to worry about lighting in classrooms constantly, especially rooms with fluorescent lights or white walls (always makes my skin look worse). HIP really sucks!! You girls are lucky though as you can hide it reasonably well with make up tongue.png

I saw in your log that you've had a small set back with a couple of new spots. It's always frustrating, but your having great results so with the regimen so you shouldn't let it get you down.

Yeah I'll have days like that at uni too. It all depends on how I'm feeling when I leave for the day - so it's always harder when you've woken up in a 'negative frame of mind' but I try and see the positives - like it's better to get out and do something anyway. I and I completely understand how acne of any severity can affect self-esteem and confidence. But I'm sure once you start seeing improvements in your skin, self-esteem and confidence will start building up again! (You're right too about having a tendency to be pretty hard on ourselves - there's truth to the 'we are our own worst critic' quote. - Something I try to remember so I know that it's not that likely that people are thinking of me what I do of myself sometimes- I don't know if that made sense haha)

Haha yeah I guess makeup helps but for me it doesn't stop all hyperpigmentation showing through - especially when it comes to being in different lighting. It'll look fine with one lighting and not so good in the next... oh well. Guys can always try some sort of makeup too if it helps with confidence etc - even something 'light' like a tinted moisturiser or BB cream. There's threads around here if you ever wanted to look into it.

And thanks :) I do feel like I'm going backward at the moment but I'll keep going with the regimen.

patrick92 liked
MemberMember
(@patrick92)

Posted : 08/31/2013 11:15 pm

Day 27 I think.

I have mixed feelings about everything today....

One good thing is that doxy seems to be making any pimples die down a lot quicker than they used to. The bad is that I'm still breaking out, with two particularly nasty new spots on my forehead appearing since I last posted. This is to be expected though I guess, since I'm not even a month in yet.

Another good thing is that my skin is still handling the tretinoin very well. I have barely any dryness what so ever, no nasty initial breakouts yet, and my skin does look quite a bit smoother. The problem is apart from the increased smoothness it's very hard to tell if the tretinoin is having any effect on my skin at all. The lack of dryness or anything like that makes me wonder if 0.05% is not quite strong enough for me, though again I know it's still very early days. I kind of wish I could just fast forward a few months as it feels like I still have ages to wait before I have a chance of seeing any decent improvements. Then again I should probably just stop whinging as it could be a lot worse!

MemberMember
(@patrick92)

Posted : 09/06/2013 4:33 am

Day 32

Not a lot to report. I have had only two very small active pimples on my forehead over the last few days which is good, but overall I don't think my forehead has improved at all since I started as the hyper-pigmentation is still as bad as ever there. My chin on the other hand is looking great since I haven't broken out there at all over the last 10 days and I don't seem to get bad hyper-pigmentation there either (probably jinxed it now and will wake up to a chin full of acne haha)

One really good thing about this regimen/treatment is the time and effort it saves me. At the very most I spend 10 minutes a day on my skin, where as before when I was on Dan's regimen for instance it was much, much longer. So long that sometimes I wouldn't have the time to do it properly which then lead to me spending the next few days worrying that I'd break out more. It just made things more stressful and meant I was thinking about my skin even more than normal.

MemberMember
(@patrick92)

Posted : 09/14/2013 7:43 am

Day 40

Until today my skin was looking pretty damn good. I had had no new breakouts and the hyper-pigmentation was fading nicely. Unfortunately this morning I woke up to three massive inflamed pimples on my forehead, which are extremely noticeable and embarrassing :/ I have no idea why my forehead has been so bad over the last few months. It's driving me nuts as it's an area of your face that really stands out and it is seems to mark easily. Luckily my chin is looking the clearest it's been for as long as I can remember, I just wish my forehead would do the same.

MemberMember
(@patrick92)

Posted : 09/19/2013 4:20 am

Day 44

More forehead is really starting to annoy me. It doesn't seem to have improved at all since I started treatment, where as my chin has cleared up very nicely (so far).

I wasn't expecting it to be clear yet, but I thought by this stage I might have seen a little bit of improvement :/

I am lucky that I haven't had any nasty IB like a lot people using retinoids have had, and since I'm now over 6 weeks in I doubt I will get a bad one at all. Still no dryness, flaking or irritation at all either, and I haven't been sun burnt yet despite spending a lot of time outside lately. If anyone else is thinking about trying a retinoid, at least my experience has shown that not everybody will get bad breakouts or irritation when starting, so don't let that put you off. I still have another 6 weeks before the 3 month mark, so I'm still reasonably confident that this treatment will clear me. I just wish it would do it quicker!

I guess I'm just a little frustrated as I'm still extremely self conscious about my skin, and often feel like everybody is staring at my acne (especially girls for some reason but that's probably just a figment of my imagination). I find this often makes me often isolate myself from others some what, which tends to get me down a lot. I'm just looking forward to the day when I feel comfortable in my own skin again, as I have forgotten what that feels like.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 09/20/2013 7:01 pm

Day 44

More forehead is really starting to annoy me. It doesn't seem to have improved at all since I started treatment, where as my chin has cleared up very nicely (so far).

I wasn't expecting it to be clear yet, but I thought by this stage I might have seen a little bit of improvement :/

I am lucky that I haven't had any nasty IB like a lot people using retinoids have had, and since I'm now over 6 weeks in I doubt I will get a bad one at all. Still no dryness, flaking or irritation at all either, and I haven't been sun burnt yet despite spending a lot of time outside lately. If anyone else is thinking about trying a retinoid, at least my experience has shown that not everybody will get bad breakouts or irritation when starting, so don't let that put you off. I still have another 6 weeks before the 3 month mark, so I'm still reasonably confident that this treatment will clear me. I just wish it would do it quicker!

I guess I'm just a little frustrated as I'm still extremely self conscious about my skin, and often feel like everybody is staring at my acne (especially girls for some reason but that's probably just a figment of my imagination). I find this often makes me often isolate myself from others some what, which tends to get me down a lot. I'm just looking forward to the day when I feel comfortable in my own skin again, as I have forgotten what that feels like.

Well that's really good that you haven't had an IB or bad dryness etc and that you have seen some improvements :) Hopefully you'll see more soon.

Did you end up finding a good sunscreen?

I think more often than not, it's just our minds playing tricks on us - we can't shake the feeling people are staring at our skin because we're so concerned with it ourselves we think everyone else must be noticing it too. But we're our own worst critics (as cliched as it sounds, I think it's true) and I don't think other people really notice it as much as we think they would. And if people are staring it could definitely be for a different and better reason :P You never know

I hope we all get to that point soon - where we all feel comfortable in our skin again. In the mean time, do what you can to still get out there (even when it's the last thing you want to do - I think everytime you do that it helps with confidence even just a little) and try and enjoy life. There's no real reason why we can't do that, and we all deserve to enjoy life and be happy.

Hang in there :)

patrick92 liked
MemberMember
(@patrick92)

Posted : 09/20/2013 10:52 pm

Day 44

Well that's really good that you haven't had an IB or bad dryness etc and that you have seen some improvements smile.png Hopefully you'll see more soon.

Did you end up finding a good sunscreen?

I think more often than not, it's just our minds playing tricks on us - we can't shake the feeling people are staring at our skin because we're so concerned with it ourselves we think everyone else must be noticing it too. But we're our own worst critics (as cliched as it sounds, I think it's true) and I don't think other people really notice it as much as we think they would. And if people are staring it could definitely be for a different and better reason tongue.png You never know

I hope we all get to that point soon - where we all feel comfortable in our skin again. In the mean time, do what you can to still get out there (even when it's the last thing you want to do - I think everytime you do that it helps with confidence even just a little) and try and enjoy life. There's no real reason why we can't do that, and we all deserve to enjoy life and be happy.

Hang in there smile.png

Yeh some improvement is definitely better than none. I've kept using the neutrogena dry touch sunscreen for when I'm out cycling, as even though it makes my skin look pale it's so strong I never have to worry about burning with it. For everyday use I actually went and bought that neutrogena spf moisteriser you suggested, which has been really good so far. I'm lucky that I don't burn that easily though so I don't use sunscreen everyday (probably should anyway though I'm just too lazy sometimes tongue.png).

It's so true though, we are our own worse critics. Even though people may look at us and notice the acne, they probably couldn't care less. I don't find other people with acne unattractive and I often feel more comfortable around people that don't have clear skin. I know it's not an attractive trait to have, but I've seen plenty of people with acne who are still really really good looking. Staring was probably too stronger word to use. It's more like a longish glance when people walk past or sometimes I may inadvertently catch someone looking at me in class for some reason. Just little looks that make you feel I little uncomfortable or more self conscious if you know what I mean. Then again my low self esteem is probably just making sound like a crazy paranoid person haha. I'm sure people aren't looking for other better reasons, but it's a nice thought (dreams are free though right tongue.png).

I hope we are all getting close to that point too. It is so important to keep active as whenever I occasionally cave and hide away I always feel worse in the long-run.

And your right, we do all deserve to enjoy life and be happy so I hope your skin is continuing to improve and that your still gaining confidence smile.png

Lilly75 liked
MemberMember
(@patrick92)

Posted : 09/24/2013 6:37 am

day 49/ 7 weeks!

My forehead is finally calming down thank god! I've been clear there for the past few days, and the hyper pigmentation is slowly fading. Unfortunately I've had a couple of pimples come up on my chin/jaw. They are only small, but are still annoying as before they popped up I had pretty much perfectly clear skin there :/ I think they might have been caused by all the stress of Uni at the moment.

I'm also stressed about an event I have to go to in 3 weeks. Your required to have a partner/date and I have literally no one to ask or go with, and even if I did I doubt I'd have the courage to actually ask. Not sure what to do about this and everyone else seems to find someone so easily :/

Oh well back to studying.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 09/24/2013 6:59 am

Required? Who makes these rules :P I hate situations like that just because I have no one to ask either. It was like that for my school formal and ended up taking a guy who I know through my family and have known for years but I don't know him all that well so it was pretty awkward and basically brought him because I felt I had to...

You seem like a really nice guy - I'm sure you'll end up finding someone to go with. If anyone else you know is going, see if they know someone who would like to go? Anyway - Hope it works out well :) And that's great that your skin is improving!

Yep - my 'mantra' for the past week and the next few weeks coming I think :P It's the crazy / stressful / busy time of the uni semester.

MemberMember
(@patrick92)

Posted : 09/24/2013 7:19 am

Required? Who makes these rules tongue.png I hate situations like that just because I have no one to ask either. It was like that for my school formal and ended up taking a guy who I know through my family and have known for years but I don't know him all that well so it was pretty awkward and basically brought him because I felt I had to...

You seem like a really nice guy - I'm sure you'll end up finding someone to go with. If anyone else you know is going, see if they know someone who would like to go? Anyway - Hope it works out well smile.png And that's great that your skin is improving!

Yep - my 'mantra' for the past week and the next few weeks coming I think tongue.png It's the crazy / stressful / busy time of the uni semester.

I know right, it feels exactly like my school formal all over again as I didn't have anyone to take to that either. At least you got up the courage to go with that guy as I do regret the fact I didn't get to go to mine. I do know a few people who are going but I'd feel a bit pathetic asking them if they know anyone who'd go with me haha.

I am pleased with the way my skin is going at the moment. There is still a long way to go, but at least I can now look in the mirror and tell that my skin has improved since I started. How's you skin going?

And I hate this time of semester at uni. So many tests and assignments all due at once eusa_wall.gif . There is light on the horizon though as my work load eases up at the end of this week.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 09/24/2013 7:27 am

Required? Who makes these rules tongue.png I hate situations like that just because I have no one to ask either. It was like that for my school formal and ended up taking a guy who I know through my family and have known for years but I don't know him all that well so it was pretty awkward and basically brought him because I felt I had to...

You seem like a really nice guy - I'm sure you'll end up finding someone to go with. If anyone else you know is going, see if they know someone who would like to go? Anyway - Hope it works out well smile.png And that's great that your skin is improving!

Yep - my 'mantra' for the past week and the next few weeks coming I think tongue.png It's the crazy / stressful / busy time of the uni semester.

I know right, it feels exactly like my school formal all over again as I didn't have anyone to take to that either. At least you got up the courage to go with that guy as I do regret the fact I didn't get to go to mine. I do know a few people who are going but I'd feel a bit pathetic asking them if they know anyone who'd go with me haha.

I am pleased with the way my skin is going at the moment. There is still a long way to go, but at least I can now look in the mirror and tell that my skin has improved since I started. How's you skin going?

And I hate this time of semester at uni. So many tests and assignments all due at once eusa_wall.gif . There is light on the horizon though as my work load eases up at the end of this week.

Yeah I'd feel awkward asking friends if they knew anyone too. I've got an end of year uni dinner in a few months and luckily I don't have to bring anyone to it but I still feel weird not having anyone to bring when majority of people will go with their partners... oh well...

Hope you figure something out for your event!

My skin is ok... still breaking out / dealing with the breakouts I had last week which seem to be slowly healing. I was hoping to have stopped breaking out by this point on the regimen (a few days off 3 months) but at least things are better than before I started it.

What do you study at uni? Try not and stress too much (and I'll try and take that advice too :P ) But that's good things will be better by the end of the week - same here actually. I think I actually have a week with nothing due coming up! haha miracle

MemberMember
(@patrick92)

Posted : 09/24/2013 7:45 am

Yeah I'd feel awkward asking friends if they knew anyone too. I've got an end of year uni dinner in a few months and luckily I don't have to bring anyone to it but I still feel weird not having anyone to bring when majority of people will go with their partners... oh well...

Hope you figure something out for your event!

My skin is ok... still breaking out / dealing with the breakouts I had last week which seem to be slowly healing. I was hoping to have stopped breaking out by this point on the regimen (a few days off 3 months) but at least things are better than before I started it.

What do you study at uni? Try not and stress too much (and I'll try and take that advice too tongue.png ) But that's good things will be better by the end of the week - same here actually. I think I actually have a week with nothing due coming up! haha miracle

Set backs can be so frustrating but it's great that your skin is better than when you started. Everyone seems to live by the "3 month" rule with acne treatments, but different skin responds at different rates, and by the end of the year I bet you'll be strutting your stuff with nice clear skin haha. Keep it up!

I'm doing a commerce (finance major) and science conjoint (maths major). I'll try and take your advice, but I have a particularly nasty test on Thursday which I'm not looking forward to tongue.png. What are you studying?

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 09/25/2013 2:47 am

Set backs can be so frustrating but it's great that your skin is better than when you started. Everyone seems to live by the "3 month" rule with acne treatments, but different skin responds at different rates, and by the end of the year I bet you'll be strutting your stuff with nice clear skin haha. Keep it up!

I'm doing a commerce (finance major) and science conjoint (maths major). I'll try and take your advice, but I have a particularly nasty test on Thursday which I'm not looking forward to tongue.png. What are you studying?

Yeah I'll keep going with it at least to the end of the year. I don't really want to change it right now in case I breakout terribly leading up to graduation...

Wow sounds full on! Good luck for your test :)

I study health sciences - with a health promotion major. And I'm about to apply for a masters of speech pathology and a masters of audiology and see what happens. Not sure which one I want to do more so I'm applying for both haha

MemberMember
(@patrick92)

Posted : 09/25/2013 4:56 am

Yeah I'll keep going with it at least to the end of the year. I don't really want to change it right now in case I breakout terribly leading up to graduation...

Wow sounds full on! Good luck for your test smile.png

I study health sciences - with a health promotion major. And I'm about to apply for a masters of speech pathology and a masters of audiology and see what happens. Not sure which one I want to do more so I'm applying for both haha

It's not as serious as it sounds haha. And thanks, I just got back from the test, and luckily it and wasn't as bad as I was expecting smile.png

That sounds way more interesting than what I study. If you do your maters does that lead on to working with people who have speech or hearing difficulties?

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 09/25/2013 6:33 am

Wow sounds full on! Good luck for your test smile.png

It's not as serious as it sounds haha. And thanks, I just got back from the test, and luckily it and wasn't as bad as I was expecting smile.png

That sounds way more interesting than what I study. If you do your maters does that lead on to working with people who have speech or hearing difficulties?

That's good it went well :)

Yeah - I can get a job as a speech pathologist or an audiologist (depending which one I study) or could go into research or something :) I do love the degree I'm currently doing - it has been interesting and it's a fairly small cohort and everyone's pretty nice which is good haha