Notifications
Clear all

Scarring On Forehead. Obsessed And Depressed.

MemberMember
(@faceofthemoon)

Posted : 08/18/2013 2:52 pm

I'm a 22 old guy with severe scarring on my forehead.

When I was about 16- acne hit me and hit me hard. Went on roacutane- it cleared up but left scarring. Then when I was 19 I had do go another round of Roacutane- and once again it cleared up but I got some added scarring. It never bothered me. Never. I saw the scars but just didn't care.

Then about a year ago now- I've become obsessed with it. It's all I see when I look in the mirror- and thus I can't stop looking. I'm self-conscious beyond believe about how I look.

I'm seriously depressed about how I look- hate myself.

post-216003-0-57526400-1376855435_thumb.

post-216003-0-82162900-1376855476_thumb.

post-216003-0-57526400-1376855435_thumb.

post-216003-0-82162900-1376855476_thumb.

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 08/18/2013 3:06 pm

First off look at the positive and be thankful you dont have any active acne anyone. Second it not that bad its mostly in your head like you said. And third if it bothers you that much there are treatments such as peels and laser resurfacing etc.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 08/18/2013 3:06 pm

Sorry you feel depressed. There is plenty of advice on treatments on this forum, do some browsing to find something that might work for you. It's also important to moisturize to prevent dehydration in those areas. Some peels from a qualified aesthetician might help you, but it will take a series of them to see results. People on here have tried lasers, fillers, you name it. It depends on what route you are comfortable with. For what it's worth, I don't think the scarring is that bad, especially in the second photo, and it should definitely not prevent you from having a life. You are only young once!

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 08/18/2013 10:24 pm

I know all about obsessing over scars. It's all I see when I look in the mirror...and I look in the mirror a lot!!! Have you tried SSRI meds or therapy? It's helping me. I really believe that people like us can get to the point where you accept yourself fully, scars and all. It will take time and effort. You can do it. At the same time, you can also look at the many treatment options you have to improve the scars so you can feel better inside and out!

MemberMember
(@faceofthemoon)

Posted : 08/22/2013 1:49 am

Ok- so I'm back. Thanks for the replies.

I've decided that I won't let a non-perfect skin stop me from being who I am. I'm a massive extrovert and am constantly surrounded by people- and just because my skin bothers me a bit- I won't let it change me.

It's mostly the redness that looks bad- so ill get some cream or a chemical peel when I've got money saved up for it.

I've also decided to cut my hair (always has hair covering my forehead)- as an extra motivation for me to stop feeling ashamed for something that really isn't a shame at all. I took these photos in the worst possible light anyway.

If I don't care about the scars- those around me won't either. I've decided that my other good traits personality, eyes ect (not trying to sound arrogant)- will rather be the things I focus on from now on.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 08/22/2013 9:10 am

hey faceofthemoon, i just wanted to say that i think you have a great attitude and that things are going to be just fine for you. i have had issues with scarring myself and i can honestly say nobody looks at me any differently now then before i had scarring. it really is amazing that nobody really notices the scarring like we do so just go about things like you would before and it will all work out just fine. i bet with the bangs you probably cant see anything now either too. i always said if i got scarring on my forehead that is what i would do as well :)

take care of yourself and i bet you look great!

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/22/2013 9:30 am

if money is an issue then consider derma rolling yourself, as long as you keep things sterile, and in my opinion the roller at 1.0mm or less, you will see improvements

now it takes several months, but it's inexpensive with little downtime...read up on this site or on the owndoc forum which has a lot of good info on needling

I use a dermastamp as my scars are concentrated, and follow up with super CP serum, which is a copper peptide...but I am going to buy some MSM cream to add that into the mix as well

and as others have said, great attitude, and no one notices things as intently as we do!

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 08/22/2013 9:19 pm

i think enerjet can give you positive results for your scarring. its a fairly new machine that is a mix of subcison with filler,