Notifications
Clear all

Black Spot

MemberMember
(@gab4)

Posted : 08/18/2013 1:46 pm

I woke up this morning, with this. Im 8 days on accutane, and got a black spot, not dark brown or dark red realy black, its not blood, i touch it and its smooth, its not a pimple, its just like, i dont know, its weird. Was is it ? is it normal ? My skin seems to peel, but its just the gel i use : stievamycin that peel when it dry. thanks you.

post-215897-0-70348800-1376851425_thumb.

MemberMember
(@heftymug)

Posted : 08/18/2013 1:55 pm

not sure what the gel is that you are using but if you are on accutane, to my knowledge you should only be using a very gentle cleanser and moisturizer.

aanabill liked
MemberMember
(@gab4)

Posted : 08/18/2013 2:02 pm

this gel is :

suposse to kill the bacteria, heard it helps for redness too. I just bought it before starting accutane, cost like 60$

i know i'm not really suposse to put this on my face on accutane, but i do, at least for the first week, cause the dryness didn't really began. You think i should stop ? I'm was thinking maybe it will help reduce the IB. I don't put to much, just on the active pimple so they can heal faster. After this, i put a moisturizer because it dry my cheeks. But should i put moisturizer even if accutane didn't start working ?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 08/19/2013 1:00 am

did ur dermatologist give u that with accutane?

if not,then stop using it.

if yes,then ask him again.

as for what i personally think - is again treitinion as far as i could read(what language is that?)

if it is,then i dnt see a reason why u need to use that both orally and topically.

the oral tretinoin(accutane) is making u dry btw.so u need a good moisturiser.

i suggest go for a mild(SLS Free, paraben free) aloe gel if u get one.

or there's a cream called elovera which has good reviews.

as for cleanser, when i was on accutane i used a mild cleansing lotion called lucidum which was pH balanced,lanolin free,paraben free,SLS free and fragnance free.

MemberMember
(@gab4)

Posted : 08/19/2013 8:48 am

I heard aloe gel and aloe vera isn't good when you still have active acne, is it true ?

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 08/19/2013 8:54 am

I heard aloe gel and aloe vera isn't good when you still have active acne, is it true ?

I'm afraid I can't advise on the Accutane issue as I have no experience with it but I thought I should warn you that when I tried aloe vera it broke me out like nobody's business! Personally I'm never touching the stuff again, at least not on my face.

MemberMember
(@gab4)

Posted : 08/19/2013 8:58 am

Ok thanks !