Notifications
Clear all

Aztec Healing Clay

MemberMember
(@mikeredd)

Posted : 08/18/2013 11:42 am

Anyone have any "positive" experiences using this product? Been using it for a couple of days now, only seems to dry out the skin.

MemberMember
(@cocoloraine)

Posted : 08/18/2013 6:44 pm

Ugh, I read so many amazing reviews of people clearing their painful cystic acne (what I suffer from) with that, I honestly did not see results. I used it daily, then every other day, then a couple times a week, always with apple cider vinegar. Nothing. Still continued to break out. But since the reviews are so great, you might have the same luck as them! But you might also have the same luck as me. It's not expensive though, worth a try and feels kinda good.

MemberMember
(@stephzoars)

Posted : 08/18/2013 6:53 pm

Anyone have any "positive" experiences using this product? Been using it for a couple of days now, only seems to dry out the skin.

Oh my gosh yes!!!! But get raw, unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar to make the mask with. You will NOT regret it.

You will need extra moisturizer afterwards but you shouldn't be using the mask too frequently.. about twice a week.

Ugh, I read so many amazing reviews of people clearing their painful cystic acne (what I suffer from) with that, I honestly did not see results. I used it daily, then every other day, then a couple times a week, always with apple cider vinegar. Nothing. Still continued to break out. But since the reviews are so great, you might have the same luck as them! But you might also have the same luck as me. It's not expensive though, worth a try and feels kinda good.

It is NOT meant to be used daily, and Apple Cider Vinegar is a strange thing. It can cause breakouts in my skin if I use it too often because it can somewhat aggravate your skin. It does balance the pH of your skin and it all depends on what other products you use in conjunction with it.

This mask helps me with healing current acne, dark marks and appearance of pores, not so much preventing acne.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 08/18/2013 9:40 pm

I tried it several times, both with ACV and water, with no results. I think it even made my acne worse, and not because it drew out impurities as it claims to do. I guess it depends on how your skin will react to it. Try it consistently on only part of your skin in case you get more dryness or a reaction. I think you should do this for a week or two before you can be sure. Personally, I've had more success with plain yogurt and honey masks.

MemberMember
(@cocoloraine)

Posted : 08/18/2013 11:35 pm

Many people said they used it daily with great success if they moisturized after, which I did. Regardless, I've been using a honey/cinnamon mask for a few days and I believe I see a difference in the evenness of my skin tone already, so I'd have to agree with wishclean.

MemberMember
(@jug)

Posted : 08/20/2013 7:40 pm

Helps shrink pores and calm active acne, but it will not stop acne from growing.