Notifications
Clear all

Tan?

MemberMember
(@missalexcee)

Posted : 08/17/2013 8:28 pm

Is anyone else's skin looking REALLY tan due to the regimine?? I'm looking super burned but if I look close its dark brown flakes :(

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 08/18/2013 2:33 am

Be very careful. BP left me with marks/a tan that refused to fade until I performed chemical peels (That's 8 years I had it for). It was like a deep tan that caused my face to become a different colour to my body. And the tan wasn't even even, as there were much darker patches of dark brown skin, over the already darkened skin. Not worth the trade-off imo, it makes one look silly.

MemberMember
(@roop)

Posted : 08/18/2013 2:52 am

Be very careful. BP left me with marks/a tan that refused to fade until I performed chemical peels (That's 8 years I had it for). It was like a deep tan that caused my face to become a different colour to my body. And the tan wasn't even even, as there were much darker patches of dark brown skin, over the already darkened skin. Not worth the trade-off imo, it makes one look silly.

hey Lee..i was about to buy this regimen..do u really sugggest not to go for it? because my skin got alreadt lot of troubles, i dnt wanna risk more.. please suggest..sad.png

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 08/18/2013 3:08 am

hey Lee..i was about to buy this regimen..do u really sugggest not to go for it? because my skin got alreadt lot of troubles, i dnt wanna risk more.. please suggest..sad.png

The regimen is good, if you're lucky enough not to experience adverse tanning effects from BP, or breakout from AHA+. The components of the regimen are very effective in managing acne, it's only BP I personally have a problem with. It's caused me more trouble than it's worth, trying to attain clear skin. I'd say go for it. If you begin to notice any pigment shifts, simply stop using the BP and try and find an alternative. You'll still have a good moisturiser and AHA at your disposal :)

MemberMember
(@venereologist)

Posted : 08/18/2013 3:50 am

Is anyone else's skin looking REALLY tan due to the regimine?? I'm looking super burned but if I look close its dark brown flakes sad.png

tanning occurs only due to sun exposure n if ur thinking that u r having tan due to bpo u r wrong .u r haveing peeling due to benzyol peroxide.

i am telling u a simple logic taht when a person had a skin problem that time he /she feels very akward n frostrated that time person consult a doctor n he give his feedback n antibiotics n now pay attention 2 my words after the person thought that i have to falre with all that asa soon as possible but it cant so he/ she get excessive amount of medication topical therepy but only thing that m tellling u that 1 thing nothing good results will occure from that .apply proper quantity of ointments recomended by u r dr. if u willl using it daily n u r skin being flaky n red ,discontinue its use its 4 some time .please be patient have a faithin u r docor .god bless u

MemberMember
(@grannybone17)

Posted : 08/18/2013 5:51 pm

I do have super flaky skin since 2nd week of BP use and yes we are in the same boat, my face is tanning and looking closely at it, it is dead skin cells surfacing yellowish or brownish in hue. I read a post in somewhere in the threads that it is due to jojoba oil and or moisturizer of the DKR, it leaves a yellowish hue on our face. I really am getting pretty much frustrated and depressed about it, the tanning, the flaking, the drying, the redness and all, I am in the brink of quitting DKR, but still having I dont know if its wishful thinking or in good terms positively thinking that I am just starting DKR and giving my skin time to adjust to BP's high dose since its the start of my 4th month which is 2 full pumps of it.

By the way how is your face doing now since you are getting under the sun most of the time (I've read from one of your post)?

I am just curiously asking about it, because I felt very scared last time when I went out with my boyfriend and it was scorching hot (42 degrees Celsius, since I am somewhere in the Arabian country) and the sun is very much up. It made me feel so much sensitive and noticed that my face mostly on cheek and temple area became redder.

MemberMember
(@missalexcee)

Posted : 08/19/2013 1:27 am

I do have super flaky skin since 2nd week of BP use and yes we are in the same boat, my face is tanning and looking closely at it, it is dead skin cells surfacing yellowish or brownish in hue. I read a post in somewhere in the threads that it is due to jojoba oil and or moisturizer of the DKR, it leaves a yellowish hue on our face. I really am getting pretty much frustrated and depressed about it, the tanning, the flaking, the drying, the redness and all, I am in the brink of quitting DKR, but still having I dont know if its wishful thinking or in good terms positively thinking that I am just starting DKR and giving my skin time to adjust to BP's high dose since its the start of my 4th month which is 2 full pumps of it.

By the way how is your face doing now since you are getting under the sun most of the time (I've read from one of your post)?

I am just curiously asking about it, because I felt very scared last time when I went out with my boyfriend and it was scorching hot (42 degrees Celsius, since I am somewhere in the Arabian country) and the sun is very much up. It made me feel so much sensitive and noticed that my face mostly on cheek and temple area became redder.

My skin is so so now. I'm pretty positive it is the dead skin cells that are flaking & deciding to stick around a while lol. I recently ordered sunscreen from a company called " burnout" it's main ingredient is zinc & that's good for acne I've heard. Only worn it twice beining in the sun & my skins doin ok I guess. Right now my skin is flaking but peeling at the same time so my natural skin color is pulling though, yay! Lol bit the tanning issue is slowly fading...

MemberMember
(@grannybone17)

Posted : 08/19/2013 7:43 pm

My skin is so so now. I'm pretty positive it is the dead skin cells that are flaking & deciding to stick around a while lol. I recently ordered sunscreen from a company called " burnout" it's main ingredient is zinc & that's good for acne I've heard. Only worn it twice beining in the sun & my skins doin ok I guess. Right now my skin is flaking but peeling at the same time so my natural skin color is pulling though, yay! Lol bit the tanning issue is slowly fading...

I see. You know what maybe by the end of each week of increasing BP pumps the dead skin cells clumps up, making us darker than before, LOL.

How does your tanning issue subsiding? By the way does you're sunscreen turns white when applied on and how do you apply it or do you apply it with DK Moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@missalexcee)

Posted : 08/19/2013 11:55 pm

I see. You know what maybe by the end of each week of increasing BP pumps the dead skin cells clumps up, making us darker than before, LOL.

How does your tanning issue subsiding? By the way does you're sunscreen turns white when applied on and how do you apply it or do you apply it with DK Moisturizer?

It leaves a slight white cast, nothing too crazy. It says suppose to be clear but I think that depends on your complexion. I mix it with dans moisturizer&jojoba oil

MemberMember
(@grannybone17)

Posted : 08/20/2013 10:58 am

I am planning to quit now but I'm hesitant that acne will surface quickly and plenty. My face can't stand 2 pumps of BP.

MemberMember
(@missalexcee)

Posted : 08/20/2013 7:18 pm

I am planning to quit now but I'm hesitant that acne will surface quickly and plenty. My face can't stand 2 pumps of BP.

I'm sorry to hear that I've felt that way too, but I'm deciding to give it six months. Hopefully I clear. Right now I feel my skin is worse.. But I'm thinkin maybe it's purging again. Idk.. Hopeful thinking. & two pumps sounds harsh but if your skin is still sensitive just use one & gradually build up. Don't give up!

MemberMember
(@grannybone17)

Posted : 08/25/2013 1:38 pm

I totally quit BP and moisturizer plus jojoba oil for 1 week now as advised by the doctor, except for the cleanser.

My skin developed hyperkeratosis, layers of dead skin cells, my face is burnt, hard and not super tight and dry.

Now I use Dan's Cleanser only, plus prescription: aqeous cream and topical for burns.

My skin gets better, but still I have hormonal acnes.

My plan is to modify my diet and continue using aqeous cream since it helps in the skins hydration and consult a dermatologist about internally killing the root cause of acne or manage my hormones, and use antibacterial topical cream, Fuscidin.

BP is harsh for my skin and since it's not suitable from where I am living now.

I need to give it up since I am going to be married on October. My fiance knows how torn I am not to give BP up but I have to since it is so harsh on my skin even though I religiously do how Dan explains us so.

BP is a very powerful peeling agent, and as for now my face is in the process of exfoliating itself, mechanically using my fingertips, and revealing healthy skin underneath it.

I don't feel any tightness of the skin anymore.