Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melie87

Best Non Carrageenan Milk

Now this has been tricky. The listed ingredients in all the dairy free milks is CARRAGEENAN which has a link to acne; hemp, oat, flax, soy, almond, sunflower, or coconut milk etc. Research links carrageenan to gastrointestinal inflammation, lesions, and even colon cancer in animals. Individuals with Inflammatory Bowel Disease or other gastrointestinal disorders are cautioned to avoid these ingredients as it can make symptoms – and inflammation – even worse.

I looked through all the milks at Whole Foods, and the only milk that does NOT contain this is the 365 Unsweetened almond milk, and I don't want to do a nut milk. Ha! I live in a very organic friendly, farmers market place called Santa Cruz, and I can't even find a good milk here that I would drink. I tried raw goats and sheeps milk, so totally GROSS. And caused a break out.

I was thinking of grinding up hemp seeds myself in my vitamix and make my own milk? Are hemp seeds nuts?? HELP!

Edited by Melie87