Notifications
Clear all

Safe Moisturizer

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/17/2013 5:34 pm

Hi!

Im looking for a good, SAFE, NON-COMODOGENIC, and HYPOALLERGENIC Moisturizer.

I've searched the forums for topics about moisturizers and to my suprise, every single moisturizer that everyone reccomends has atleast one irritant or a comodogenic ingredient EVEN THOUGH the moisturizer says "non-comodogenic". I've also looked in the product reviews in the site. While they did have good reviews here, i also checked reviews from makeupalley and they had a LOW score (3/5 average). I also researched the ingredients and all of them had some irritant.

PREFERRABLY im looking for a

-water-based moisturizer

-not shiny

-moisturizes WELL

-cheap ($1 - $20)

I liked the ingredients, specifically the niancimide, in Cerave AM Moisturizer BUT it had parabens and other stuff that can possibly clog pores.

MemberMember
(@tleeannes)

Posted : 08/17/2013 6:00 pm

I have tried Cerave as well. I've tried Cetaphil, the acne.org moisturizer, and a bunch of different other ones too. My face hates them all. I know how you feel. Recently I've gone on a "products made in Korea" kick and now that I've actually tried them I can't stop. When you go for so long suffering with bad skin and you finally find something that makes you look amazing with half the hassle time, you tend to go a little crazy haha. Here is what I recommend to you for a moisturizer:

Skinfood Lettuce Cucumber Water Jelly Cream (made in Korea): It's more of a gel based moisturizer than a cream. Has almost the same texture as Viz Vapor Rub, but not as heavy feeling.

• The reviews state that it is not greasy and that it does moisturize well.
  • It's $13 on amazon.com

Here's the link. I hope this helped. If you're still on the hunt after this, try looking into Korean products. All of their skin care products have at least a 4.3/5 on amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Skinfood-Lettuce-Cucumber-Water-Jelly/dp/B007ZKA7BK/

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/19/2013 1:54 pm

On 8/18/2013 at 5:00 AM, tleeannes said:

I have tried Cerave as well. I've tried Cetaphil, the acne.org moisturizer, and a bunch of different other ones too. My face hates them all. I know how you feel. Recently I've gone on a "products made in Korea" kick and now that I've actually tried them I can't stop. When you go for so long suffering with bad skin and you finally find something that makes you look amazing with half the hassle time, you tend to go a little crazy haha. Here is what I recommend to you for a moisturizer:

Skinfood Lettuce Cucumber Water Jelly Cream (made in Korea): It's more of a gel based moisturizer than a cream. Has almost the same texture as Viz Vapor Rub, but not as heavy feeling.

• The reviews state that it is not greasy and that it does moisturize well.
  • It's $13 on amazon.com

Here's the link. I hope this helped. If you're still on the hunt after this, try looking into Korean products. All of their skin care products have at least a 4.3/5 on amazon smile.png

https://www.amazon.com/Skinfood-Lettuce-Cucumber-Water-Jelly/dp/B007ZKA7BK/

Hi! I do think korean skin care brands are one of the best but the shipping time is just horrible and i'd have to pay for it too.

I had a hard time choosing from skin food products too lol. I mean, there's just soo much to chose from.

If this moisturizer doesnt work then i guess id have to order from skin food.

Check this moisturizer

Live Clean Soothing Daily Moisturizer

This light-weight, daily moisturizer helps quench thirsty, dry skin and restores softness leaving a silky, smooth complexion. Orchid extract aids to seal in moisture and replenish skin™s moisture barrier, while antioxidant Vitamin C works to protect and boost radiance. With unique combination of organic botanicals to help calm and soothe: lavender, cucumber, chamomile, milk thistle, mallow, aloe and buckthorn.

Features

• Naturally derived
  • Hypoallergenic
  • Dermatologist tested
  • Petroleum free
  • Silicone free
  • Mineral oil free
  • Paraben free
  • Phthalate free
  • Pure vegan
  • Dye free
  • With essential oils
  • Never tested on animals
  • Package recyclable
  • Biodegradable ingredients
  • DEA free
  • Phosphate free

Looks good to me

What do you think?

It has 150 ml which is a big bottle.

ok i just saw one of skin food's emulsions (moisturizer) and they have parabens and some possible pore clogging ingredients.

I dont know anymore.. I am being very cautious of what im using cause every pimple leaves a frigin mark that lasts for a year....

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 08/19/2013 4:48 pm

Have you considered the acne.org moisturizer?

I've searched the forums for topics about moisturizers and to my suprise, every single moisturizer that everyone reccomends has atleast one irritant or a comodogenic ingredient EVEN THOUGH the moisturizer says "non-comodogenic".

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/19/2013 5:56 pm

Have you considered the acne.org moisturizer?

I've searched the forums for topics about moisturizers and to my suprise, every single moisturizer that everyone reccomends has atleast one irritant or a comodogenic ingredient EVEN THOUGH the moisturizer says "non-comodogenic".

Thats because ONE irritant or comedogenic ingredient isnt going to break you out. You have to think about the product as a whole - that ingredient is suspended within lots of other ingredients, theyre going to affect it in some way - a product can still be non comedogenic if it contains what are usually known as comedogenic ingredients - on its own it might clog pores and cause breakouts, but when mixed with other chemicals the way it behaves is altered and it is no longer capable of clogging pores.

Also, remember the lower the ingredient is on the list, the less of that there is in the product. Small amount of comedogenic ingredients arent going to clog your pores.

acne.org moisturizer was kinda greasy.

Yea you're probably right about ONE irritant or comodogenic ingredient wont neccesarily break someone out but when i inspect the ingredients it's not just one though. A combination of irritants and comodogenic ingredients. Some of them are in the middle of the list but parabens are usually at the bottom. Specially with parabens, If it has methylparaben, it also has the two other parabens usually. I tried other moisturizers and they break me out. The only reason i see is those ingredients.

Anyways, i would like to hear your opinion on this moisturizer.

Live Clean Soothing Daily Moisturizer