Using Extra Moistur...

Notifications
Clear all

Using Extra Moisturizer And Jojoba, Is It Bad?

MemberMember
(@aaron556)

Posted : 08/17/2013 4:48 pm

I use 3 pumps of moisturizer + 20 drops of jojoba oil at night or when I'm not going anywhere in mornings. In the morning I use 5 - 6 drops though if I'm going to be busy. Also I should note that 1 pump mostly goes to the sides of my cheeks/lower chin areas.

I'm only about 3 weeks into the regimen, so maybe soon I'll need less moisturizer, but I can't stand the dryness and flakyness I get. It's not severe but it's annoying. Maybe I still need to get used to it more?

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 08/17/2013 5:08 pm

no amount of moisturizer or jojoba oil will completely get rid of the dryness when you first start the regimen - that amount does seem a little excessive - does it absorb at all? if not then it could affect the absorption/performance of the BP - 2 pumps of moisturizer and 5 drops of jojoba should be enough. I know nicmic62 recommends reapplying moisturizer throughout the day if youre really struggling with dryness.

You're actually pretty early on in the regimen, i wouldnt think about using less BP until you've been clear for at least 3 weeks.

Expect it to take around 10 weeks for the dryness to completely subside and to get clear - it will most likely be less, but 10 weeks is the average smile.png

MemberMember
(@carebear06)

Posted : 08/17/2013 5:45 pm

I'm in my 7th week I use 2 pumps of moisturizer and 12 drops in the morning ( if I'm home all day..which I am most times ) same in the evening.

U should use the amount Dan suggested. I did that but lately I'm home most times all day so I use 12 in the mornings.

Good luck :)

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 08/17/2013 8:08 pm

If your skin is doing well using that much moisturizer and jojoba, then do what works for you. The good thing about jojoba is you can tailor it to your needs. I only need 1-2 drops at night (none during the day) but Dan uses 5-6. So, use what you need to. Once your skin gets accustomed to the bp you may be able to scale back on the amount of moisturizer and jojoba you are using.

MemberMember
(@aaron556)

Posted : 08/17/2013 8:42 pm

no amount of moisturizer or jojoba oil will completely get rid of the dryness when you first start the regimen - that amount does seem a little excessive - does it absorb at all? if not then it could affect the absorption/performance of the BP - 2 pumps of moisturizer and 5 drops of jojoba should be enough. I know nicmic62 recommends reapplying moisturizer throughout the day if youre really struggling with dryness.

You're actually pretty early on in the regimen, i wouldnt think about using less BP until you've been clear for at least 3 weeks.

Expect it to take around 10 weeks for the dryness to completely subside and to get clear - it will most likely be less, but 10 weeks is the average smile.png

I meant less moisturizer not BP :3

I think the moisturizer gets absorbed, the jojoba oil doesn't though. If I only use 2 pumps and 5 - 6 drops of jojoba my face is comfortably dry although the jojoba oil still makes my face shiny >.>, so that's why I use so much. I'm hoping my face stops being flaky/dry from unmoisturized BP soon.

MemberMember
(@venereologist)

Posted : 08/18/2013 3:56 am

I meant less moisturizer not BP :3

I think the moisturizer gets absorbed, the jojoba oil doesn't though. If I only use 2 pumps and 5 - 6 drops of jojoba my face is comfortably dry although the jojoba oil still makes my face shiny >.>, so that's why I use so much. I'm hoping my face stops being flaky/dry from unmoisturized BP soon.

if u r having cane problem wrt skin n u r using bp ,cp so its obvious that u r skin becomes too much dry only one way to get rid of that is use a proper amount of mousterization only but if u will use exessive mousterizer u r skin pores get packed n it results in the more acnes . okay