Notifications
Clear all

E- Dermastamp

MemberMember
(@kate75)

Posted : 08/17/2013 8:58 am

Has anyone had an e-dermastamp treatment for their acne scars? I was thinking of trying this out for the rolling and boxcar scars on my chin but would like to know if there is anyone out there who has tried it. If so, did you find it more effective than the regular dermastamp treatment?

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 08/18/2013 4:05 am

I am scheduled for eDermastamp treatments! First one starting this coming weekend (unless something unforeseen happens). I've had 5 sessions of the Dermaroller and have seen significant results so now that I've waited long enough since my last Dermaroller I'm going back to try the eDermastamp for the isolated scarring that I have left. smile.png

Oh, by the way this is the original Dermaroller (German made... www.dermaroller.de) and the eDermastamp made by the same company. ;)

MemberMember
(@onestepcloser)

Posted : 08/18/2013 6:53 am

I am scheduled for eDermastamp treatments! First one starting this coming weekend (unless something unforeseen happens). I've had 5 sessions of the Dermaroller and have seen significant results so now that I've waited long enough since my last Dermaroller I'm going back to try the eDermastamp for the isolated scarring that I have left. :)

Oh, by the way this is the original Dermaroller (German made... www.dermaroller.de) and the eDermastamp made by the same company. ;)

Interesting that you didn't see much improvement with the Fraxel. Can I ask what sort of scars you had? I am keen to try the dermaroller or stamp, looking forward to hearing your results from the stamp.

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 08/18/2013 7:26 am

I am scheduled for eDermastamp treatments! First one starting this coming weekend (unless something unforeseen happens). I've had 5 sessions of the Dermaroller and have seen significant results so now that I've waited long enough since my last Dermaroller I'm going back to try the eDermastamp for the isolated scarring that I have left. smile.png

Oh, by the way this is the original Dermaroller (German made... www.dermaroller.de) and the eDermastamp made by the same company. wink.png

Interesting that you didn't see much improvement with the Fraxel. Can I ask what sort of scars you had? I am keen to try the dermaroller or stamp, looking forward to hearing your results from the stamp.

I have high hopes for the eDermastamp but I know that there is always the possibility of not seeing the results I want. I'm optimistic but realistic too. :)

Yeah Fraxel... waste of money, for me. At $1,750 per treatment and a total of 10 weeks downtime (spaced 3 months apart though) it was not worth it. When I look back I see it as being my poor choice in doctor and my ignorance about lasers at the time. It was not the right treatment for my skin.

I suffer from rolling scars (which were moderately severe) and boxcar scars. The Dermaroller has been, literally, a life-saver. :)

MemberMember
(@onestepcloser)

Posted : 08/18/2013 9:39 pm

I am scheduled for eDermastamp treatments! First one starting this coming weekend (unless something unforeseen happens). I've had 5 sessions of the Dermaroller and have seen significant results so now that I've waited long enough since my last Dermaroller I'm going back to try the eDermastamp for the isolated scarring that I have left. :)

I have high hopes for the eDermastamp but I know that there is always the possibility of not seeing the results I want. I'm optimistic but realistic too. :)

Yeah Fraxel... waste of money, for me. At $1,750 per treatment and a total of 10 weeks downtime (spaced 3 months apart though) it was not worth it. When I look back I see it as being my poor choice in doctor and my ignorance about lasers at the time. It was not the right treatment for my skin.

I suffer from rolling scars (which were moderately severe) and boxcar scars. The Dermaroller has been, literally, a life-saver. :)

My scars are mild rolling and box scars so I think the dermaroller or stamp would be best for me. I am still battling breakouts but when I get that sorted I will jump straight into treatment. I also had a Fraxel done and was a waste of money!! Have you tried rolling yourself or do you see a professional? I'm keen to try myself but need to do more research first.

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 08/18/2013 10:28 pm

Quirky Fox, always so helpful and positive!! You're such a valuable resource on this board. Good luck with the eDermastamp. Keep us posted!!!!!

MemberMember
(@kate75)

Posted : 08/20/2013 11:45 am

Quirky Fox - Thanks for your response. Please keep us posted on how you get on with the e-dermastamp!

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 08/24/2013 10:43 pm

Quirky Fox - Thanks for your response. Please keep us posted on how you get on with the e-dermastamp!

Okay, yay! I had my first eDermastamp treatment yesterday and I loved it! My face was thoroughly cleaned and numbed for about 20 mins (I tend to go numb very quickly, some people may need up to 40 mins with the cream on). The eDermastamp is a little more time consuming than the Dermaroller as the head of the machine is very small. Since I travel a long way for my treatments we decided to do my full face rather than just my scarring. :)

A hyaluronic acid serum is used to lubricate the needle heads and help them glide over my skin, this serum is also applied all over my face during the treatment. My medical esthetician set the needle length depending on which part of my face was being worked on. So, for my forehead, eye and nose area we only went 0.5mm deep as I have no scarring there. For my cheeks she switched between 1.5mm to 2mm for my deepest scarring. 1.5mm probably would have been enough for my cheeks but we thought we'd try the deeper setting in a few spots as it's likely my scars in those areas are tethered a little deeper.

Pain? None! I was amazed. It literally felt like a microdermabrasion. More like a light scrubbing than pin pricks. The vibration from the machine helps to displace pain and that combined with the numbing cream made it a complete breeze. No word of a lie, I could have had the treatment all day. In fact it was soothing! :D

Treatment took around 40 mins though all up, so more time consuming. I was comfortable the whole time though. After treatment the usual serums were applied to my face... the worst part? This one particular serum that makes me turn yellow! She packed it on my face since I wasn't going anywhere after the treatment. If it helps healing then I'm all for it! At home stuff is simply a gentle cleanser (my C3 cleanser), niacinamide and my skin rehydrating serum plus sunscreen!

I was warned that my face could look a little blotchy or that I could bruise. Today, 24 hours later, I have awesome swelling (I look like a chipmunk) but no pain and no angry redness. A few little bruises and a few darker areas where the needle went deepest. But in all, if I put make-up over this I'd be happy to go down the street or to work. In fact, I have no time off work... back tomorrow! So we'll see how that goes and whether anyone says anything. :)

I'd say this is more of an "aggressive" treatment than the Dermaroller, as the needles penetrate deeper and you get more tiny "puncture wounds". I certainly didn't swell like this with the Dermaroller but I see swelling as a good sign! It's not severe and it should go away in a few days. Also, my skin is soft/smooth rather than rough and dull like when I had my Dermaroller treatments. Not dissing the Dermaroller here, just noting differences!

Will keep this thread posted. No need to open a new one. :)

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/24/2013 11:02 pm

may i ask which fraxel you guys took?

Restore or repair?

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 08/24/2013 11:08 pm

may i ask which fraxel you guys took?

Restore or repair?

My failed Fraxel treatments were the Re:Store. :(

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/24/2013 11:11 pm

Oh. no wonder.

i heard restore is a waste.

repair is better i heard.

Also, what size were the needles from your dermaroller treatments?

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 08/24/2013 11:15 pm

Oh, by the way this is the original Dermaroller (German made... www.dermaroller.de) and the eDermastamp made by the same company. wink.png

I have high hopes for the eDermastamp but I know that there is always the possibility of not seeing the results I want. I'm optimistic but realistic too. smile.png

I suffer from rolling scars (which were moderately severe) and boxcar scars. The Dermaroller has been, literally, a life-saver. smile.png

My scars are mild rolling and box scars so I think the dermaroller or stamp would be best for me. I am still battling breakouts but when I get that sorted I will jump straight into treatment. I also had a Fraxel done and was a waste of money!! Have you tried rolling yourself or do you see a professional? I'm keen to try myself but need to do more research first.

Don't let little breakouts hold you back. Even yesterday I had a few little spots on my face and under my jaw... we just navigated around them. :) But if your acne is still quite bad then yes, certainly wait. Definitely would never, ever, do a treatment on myself. I will always see a professional. It's more expensive but when it comes to this you really do get what you pay for. :)

Fraxel for me was also a waste, sadly. I just don't think I am suited to lasers, and I don't think my choice in doctor was a good one. Will not be going back to that! :)

Oh. no wonder.

i heard restore is a waste.

repair is better i heard.

Also, what size were the needles from your dermaroller treatments?

Yes, you're right! I don't blame the laser for not working. I blame myself for not researching enough and I blame my poor choice in doctor. He cared about nothing but the money. If I could go back in time I would go for the Re:Pair but from this day on I am never letting another laser touch my skin. ;)

The needle length for my Dermaroller treatments was 1.5mm (192 needles, original Dermaroller). :)

MemberMember
(@kate75)

Posted : 08/25/2013 6:59 am

Okay, yay! I had my first eDermastamp treatment yesterday and I loved it! My face was thoroughly cleaned and numbed for about 20 mins (I tend to go numb very quickly, some people may need up to 40 mins with the cream on). The eDermastamp is a little more time consuming than the Dermaroller as the head of the machine is very small. Since I travel a long way for my treatments we decided to do my full face rather than just my scarring. smile.png

A hyaluronic acid serum is used to lubricate the needle heads and help them glide over my skin, this serum is also applied all over my face during the treatment. My medical esthetician set the needle length depending on which part of my face was being worked on. So, for my forehead, eye and nose area we only went 0.5mm deep as I have no scarring there. For my cheeks she switched between 1.5mm to 2mm for my deepest scarring. 1.5mm probably would have been enough for my cheeks but we thought we'd try the deeper setting in a few spots as it's likely my scars in those areas are tethered a little deeper.

Pain? None! I was amazed. It literally felt like a microdermabrasion. More like a light scrubbing than pin pricks. The vibration from the machine helps to displace pain and that combined with the numbing cream made it a complete breeze. No word of a lie, I could have had the treatment all day. In fact it was soothing! biggrin.png

Treatment took around 40 mins though all up, so more time consuming. I was comfortable the whole time though. After treatment the usual serums were applied to my face... the worst part? This one particular serum that makes me turn yellow! She packed it on my face since I wasn't going anywhere after the treatment. If it helps healing then I'm all for it! At home stuff is simply a gentle cleanser (my C3 cleanser), niacinamide and my skin rehydrating serum plus sunscreen!

I was warned that my face could look a little blotchy or that I could bruise. Today, 24 hours later, I have awesome swelling (I look like a chipmunk) but no pain and no angry redness. A few little bruises and a few darker areas where the needle went deepest. But in all, if I put make-up over this I'd be happy to go down the street or to work. In fact, I have no time off work... back tomorrow! So we'll see how that goes and whether anyone says anything. smile.png

I'd say this is more of an "aggressive" treatment than the Dermaroller, as the needles penetrate deeper and you get more tiny "puncture wounds". I certainly didn't swell like this with the Dermaroller but I see swelling as a good sign! It's not severe and it should go away in a few days. Also, my skin is soft/smooth rather than rough and dull like when I had my Dermaroller treatments. Not dissing the Dermaroller here, just noting differences!

Will keep this thread posted. No need to open a new one. smile.png

Quirky Fox - Thanks for all that information. I am aiming to book myself an e- dermastamp treatment in the next couple of months or so. Hope you continue to see improvement in your scarring. Look forward to your updates!

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 08/26/2013 5:55 am

KATE75 you wouldn't regret it! :D I went to work today with just a little mineral make-up on and you couldn't tell I had anything done. Face still a bit swollen but nobody noticed so it's obviously minimal. My skin has been a little drier today though, which I had after each Dermaroller treatment too. Hopefully when the swelling goes down it'll get better. So far so good!

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 09/11/2013 7:22 pm

Hey Quirky Fox! How does the cost of the eStamp compare to the dermaroller? My esthetician is considering bringing the eStamp in but she tells me the cost will be the same, if not more, than the roller. Not sure why, but I find that strange.

MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 11/20/2013 11:41 am

KATE75 you wouldn't regret it! biggrin.png I went to work today with just a little mineral make-up on and you couldn't tell I had anything done. Face still a bit swollen but nobody noticed so it's obviously minimal. My skin has been a little drier today though, which I had after each Dermaroller treatment too. Hopefully when the swelling goes down it'll get better. So far so good!

So what is your opinion now a bit after your process of E-dermastamp? They just released it in my country so I am eager to try it :)

MemberMember
(@polecat)

Posted : 12/22/2013 2:19 pm

How are you doing Quirky Fox? I'm excited to hear how you are feeling......

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 12/23/2013 5:15 am

How are you doing Quirky Fox? I'm excited to hear how you are feeling......

I've been absent! Why? Because I am finally living life the way I want to! :D I've had two full eDermastamp treatments and I'm having another early in the New Year. By far less downtime than the Dermaroller and wow... I am amazed by the results.

I still have scarring and I will be perfectly honest and say yes, it does bother me, however I am not fixated so much on how my skin looks now. I find less people are looking at my scarring instead of my eyes (a big thing for me!) and I am even not a single lady any more! I wouldn't have had the courage to accept a proposal for a date when my skin was at its worst, but now I am starting a new life with an amazing guy. I honestly thought I'd live life alone, stuck behind my hangups about my looks.

All I can say is when I look back on where I've come from I'm incredibly proud. It hasn't been easy but it's been worth it in the end. The Dermastamp and e-Dermastamp, and my esthetician have literally given me my life back and it brings me to tears just thinking about it. I went to thank my esthetician in person and broke down crying I was that emotional. I feel like I can finally let the world see who I really am inside.

As for the scarring, I'm left with minor scarring on areas where it was quite deep before and my worst scarring (my rolling scars on my left cheek) were quite severe. I used to be able to brush my fingers over my cheek and clearly feel where the indentations were but now I have to concentrate to feel where they are. I can still feel them, but only just. My skin is also less oily which is surprising. Even in these stinking hot Aussie days I find I don't sweat much on my face at all. I used to have to take "face paper" around with me (which was brilliant) but I haven't used it at all yet.

I'm waffling on... and I'll stop now. But believe me when I say that I am the happiest I have ever been in my life and that is not an overstatement. :)

KATE75 you wouldn't regret it! biggrin.png I went to work today with just a little mineral make-up on and you couldn't tell I had anything done. Face still a bit swollen but nobody noticed so it's obviously minimal. My skin has been a little drier today though, which I had after each Dermaroller treatment too. Hopefully when the swelling goes down it'll get better. So far so good!

So what is your opinion now a bit after your process of E-dermastamp? They just released it in my country so I am eager to try it smile.png

It's an incredible machine and if you can afford it then don't hesitate! In the right hands the e-Dermastamp is definitely comparable to laser in my opinion. I've seen tonnes of before/after pictures of laser treatments and when I compare my results to those, I consider my results to be better. No redness (PIH), no risk of sun damage... thicker, healthier skin, and LESS DOWNTIME! :D

Hey Quirky Fox! How does the cost of the eStamp compare to the dermaroller? My esthetician is considering bringing the eStamp in but she tells me the cost will be the same, if not more, than the roller. Not sure why, but I find that strange.

Hiya!

The e-Dermastamp is cheaper, but the treatment takes longer. The Dermaroller is a big, solid, single-use device whereas the e-Dermastamp takes smaller "cartridges" that are way cheaper. The treatment takes longer though as the head of the device is so much smaller. I was paying $800 per treatment for the Dermaroller (full face) and now $650 for the e-Dermastamp. ;)

MemberMember
(@polecat)

Posted : 12/23/2013 9:10 am

Such wonderful news!! I have tears in my eyes from reading how liberated you feel with your skin-so so happy for you. Enjoy!!!!

I've had one subcision and I think one round of eDermastamp would bring me to your level, too Just hitting a roadblock finding one in the U.S.

Anyone have knowledge of eDermastamp in U.S?

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 12/25/2013 12:11 am

im so glad your happy with your results! your experience is pretty inspiring. does e dermatamp work on box cars or ice picks? im gonna look into this treatmeant up here in canada. good luck on your future treatments!

MemberMember
(@pineapplexpress)

Posted : 12/25/2013 1:06 am

So happy to hear about your amazing results... gives me hope. I have a few questions if you don't mind...

1. Is the e-dermastamp similar to a dermastamp?

2. What was your downtime inbetween your treatments for the e-dermastamp?

3. And what type of scars did you have and where on your face? (Mine are on my cheeks :( )

Congrats on your sucess, I pray everyday to God to take these scars away, I don't even care for my skin to be perfect I just want it to be even surfaced (no dents). I've been doing dermarolling for the past 3-4 months and just recently started using the dermastamp. I am aware that it takes time for the collagen to build but it is so difficult to play this waiting game and it doesn't help that I'm not a naturally patient person lol.

Do keep us posted with your wonderful results :)

MemberMember
(@frasier)

Posted : 12/25/2013 9:41 am

I am very, very happy for you, Quirky Fox!! :):) Enjoy life, you deserve it !!!

MemberMember
(@pineapplexpress)

Posted : 12/25/2013 4:08 pm

@325world

Wow your skin looks pretty good, you have a lovely skin tone. Your scars seem not too deep... I'd assume that a few sessions of the dermaroller/dermastamp treatment would probably smooth everything out. Haha I'm hoping the same for myself I have a really good feeling about the dermastamp because it really draws blood and when I had my microneedling appointment with the estheticin, she always drew blood as well as all the youtube videos of professionals performing dermaroller (not too many on stamping) there is always blood and from my understanding that's when all the fibroblasts are unleashed which is what we want to trigger collagen production.

@QurikyFox, when you were getting your dermaroller and e dermastamp treatments, could you hear the scar tissue breaking up? When I had my dermaroller done I heard a lot of crackling and so did the technician and she told me that was the scar tissue relaxing/breaking. When I do the dermastamp as well I hear the similar crackling.

Happy Holidays! :)

MemberMember
(@325world)

Posted : 12/25/2013 4:12 pm

MemberMember
(@pineapplexpress)

Posted : 12/25/2013 4:45 pm

I've always debated to get laser but my skin type is definitely not suitable, I'd say my skin color is close to yours maybe a shade or two darker. So don't want to risk it because my skin tone is pretty clear, I got rid of all the hyperpigmentation with dermaroller combined with copper peptides and it only took like a month and half, now just working on these scars.

The thing I love about dermarolling/stamping is that I can go to work the next day because there is like no downtime even if I bleed (atleast for me) in fact I try to do it before an event because it makes my skin a bit puffy and swollen so the scars aren't noticible and there's just this lovely glow plus my makeup goes on so nice and smooth :P