Cerave Or Cetaphil?

Notifications
Clear all

Cerave Or Cetaphil?

MemberMember
(@aaronr94)

Posted : 08/16/2013 1:37 pm

So Dan's cleanser is extremely drying for me and I have heard good things about both Cetaphil and CeraVe. If you guys have ever used either of these could you let me know how you liked them or which one you would prefer? Thanks.

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 08/16/2013 2:15 pm

I've only used the Cetaphil but it does just the job for me so I keep buying it over and over again. I find it really gentle and non-drying on my skin :)

MemberMember
(@realme2008)

Posted : 08/16/2013 3:52 pm

So Dan's cleanser is extremely drying for me and I have heard good things about both Cetaphil and CeraVe. If you guys have ever used either of these could you let me know how you liked them or which one you would prefer? Thanks.

I use Cerave and it's great at cleaning my skin, and not drying it out. Only thing is it doesn't lather up that well. Usually have to use two pumps.

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 08/16/2013 6:52 pm

I like cetaphil, although I've never tried Cerave

MemberMember
(@lyanna)

Posted : 08/17/2013 2:39 am

I like Cetaphil, but only at night. I have not tried Cerave, but want to try it out at some point. I think I saw someone mixing Cetaphil with Cerave somewhere, but cannot remember where.

MemberMember
(@diamondlife)

Posted : 08/17/2013 9:47 am

i use cetaphil cleanser which is very good, but i use cerave mositurizer as well...i havnt tried the cerave cleanser yet.

MemberMember
(@alovesam)

Posted : 08/18/2013 10:42 am

I used Cetaphil for two months, and stopped using it because I learned from Dan's recommended product list that it has two highly comedogenic ingredients in it in high concentrations. I switched to Cerave only a few days ago, which is completely non-comedogenic. So far, my skin feels less dry and irritated after washing and I am very happy I made the switch. I am new to The Regimen, so my skin is extra-sensitive.

It is a bit challenging to get a good lather going, but I have recently found that using two pumps and adding a bit of extra water allows me to build up a nice, thick foam.

MemberMember
(@jack-johnson)

Posted : 08/19/2013 1:02 pm

The CeraVe is alright, for me personally I only use the BP cream and use different face wash and moisturizers

MemberMember
(@iconzz)

Posted : 08/19/2013 1:27 pm

i use cetahil.. its nic for sensitive skin. but doesnt giv that fresh clean kindaa feel...

MemberMember
(@lindsey4546)

Posted : 08/19/2013 2:29 pm

I have used the CETAPHIL GENTLE SKIN CLEANSER, which is more like a liquidy lotion that doesn't foam. It is moisturizing but doesn't remove oil and makeup well. Skin feels filmy after, but its gentle and non-drying. I like the CETAPHIL DAILY FACIAL CLEANSER. This foams like most cleansers and is gentle and effective at cleaning oil and makeup off. Make sure you check the front label, because these are 2 different types of cleansers but the bottles look similar. I have tried the cerave cleanser and it's more like the foamy CETAPHIL daily facial cleanser. I prefer CETAPHIL though. I hope this helps.

Side note: I have used Johnson and Johnson baby wash as a facial cleanser (per dermatologist's suggestion) and it works well, is gentle, doesn't contain harsh ingredients, and is cheaper.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/20/2013 12:25 am

CeraVe all the way..